British Speedway Forum

it was just like watching the GP racing close for the first lap then no passing some good races but not a patch on what the ewr can provide . click on link for ben fund photos http://unofficialscorpion.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=benfund

I think some posters need to get a grip here, this meeting is to raise as much as possible for the Speedway Riders Benevolent Fund, regardless of wether silencers or lack of dirt spoiled it for some, we paid our money for the cause, I couldn't care less that the racing didn't match a GP!

Well done Scunthorpe for putting on a decent show and keeping it moving along, how many times have we seen whinging because fans have been standing around watching nothing!

we all know it was for a good cause i think what people r saying if this is what speedway is going 2 be like not been able to ride out in the dirt and just ridding the inside it will kill speedway . only time will tell if it is the exchast or not also the lack of sound is bad .

So the old argument rears its ugly head once more, riders have know these silencers would be in force this year and have done so for the past 2/3 years.

Chris Kerr rode with one last year as did most Brummies riders. Riders have had plenty of time to use them and iron out the bugs.

Yes we all miss the noise but when it comes to the crunch, ie., speedway with silencers or no speedway at all I know which one I'll plump for every time !

Incidently, Ben Barker said at the Brummies P&P that he had been using one and had found it ok and we all know what position he ended up in today !

Finally as the old saying goes, " A bad workman always blames his tools "

For what its worth I quite enjoyed the racing today, there was quite a bit of shouting going on between 1st & 2nd bends, I guess its what you make of the day. Nice to see Paulco & George again, and I felt a bit guilty when I asked Mark Loram if I could have my spot back, however he said he was glad he'd let me in as I got hit by all the dirt off the track not him lol!

Fair enough Zodiak, would be interesting to see what the other twenty riders have to say too. Would seem from the terraces that some riders had their bikes set up for the new silencers better than others.

And I should have been more clear, by 'struggled' I meant had problems handling the bike, which is the impression I got from one or two reports on this forum from practices this week.

think you will find racing will be white line follow my leader ,every rider seems to say when they hit dirt the bike dies ,

think you will find 90% of riders dont like them

,the fans wont either 4 bikes going round berwick isnt as loud as my washing machine ! "which should make for great atmosphere"

they may as well use honda 90 chicken chasers to reduce cost SPEEDWAY IS ABOUT NOISE, SMELL, AND RACING ON A DIRT TRACK,

SORRY USED TO BE ,NOW THERES NO NOISE,SMELL,RACING OR DIRT ON THE TRACKS.....? AS THE ORGANISERS STRIVE TO BRING FANS BACK ?

Well hopefully set ups will be found that prevent bikes dying in the dirt.

If not the consequences don't bear thinking about.

Well hopefully set ups will be found that prevent bikes dying in the dirt.

If not the consequences don't bear thinking about.

Probably the real reason Clewsy retired.

Unfortunately more councils are going down the rd towards noise abatement! Look at the fight we have had and more recently Mildenhall. Anyone who has been to Mildenhall will know it runs alongside the USAF base. B52,s F11,s take off and land at all hours yet because of one complaint they have slapped noise restrictions on them! Can you imagine the likes of Newcastle trying to open their track up now? houses not 100 yards away ! Somerset have the same 10pm curfew because of one homeowner.

The point is the riders knew this was coming into force this year and have done so for a year or two now, it should have been last year but it was put back so what have they done to address the situation ..............nothing as far as I can see apart from one or two who have embraced the silencers and got on with it!

Really pleased for Hans he did well as he didn't score in his first race but then was out to prove a point. I was proud because I was his sponsor for the meeting. He needs to be riding over here as he is pure class.

My son Mikey was happy for Ben as he sponsored him so we got 1st and 2nd. I spent a fortune at the auction but glad to help.

Tina

Really pleased for Hans he did well as he didn't score in his first race but then was out to prove a point. I was proud because I was his sponsor for the meeting. He needs to be riding over here as he is pure class.

My son Mikey was happy for Ben as he sponsored him so we got 1st and 2nd. I spent a fortune at the auction but glad to help.

Tina

You certainly did Tas ..must be toast in your house for a month now ---not even beans on them!! The battle between you and Penny for Hans's body colour was amazing ..as was the amount paid in the end . Made a great end to a superb auction (take a bow Mr Hoggart!!) ....sorry if we made you wait for the Hans one but I thought I'd keep it right to the end!! :wink:

You certainly did Tas ..must be toast in your house for a month now ---not even beans on them!! The battle between you and Penny for Hans's body colour was amazing ..as was the amount paid in the end . Made a great end to a superb auction (take a bow Mr Hoggart!!) ....sorry if we made you wait for the Hans one but I thought I'd keep it right to the end!! :wink:

Good move that because i collect race jackets and that was one i wanted and as I had missed all the other riders I had to have it. Penny and I are still talking. pleased to help a good cause. Maybe eating the beans but i can't have toast lol

Edited by tas

Good move that because i collect race jackets and that was one i wanted and as I had missed all the other riders I had to have it. Peeny and I are still talking. pleased to help a good cause. Maybe eating the beans but i can't have toast lol

How much you offering for Tomasz Piszcz'? :P

Tina

Good job that you didn't sponsor Chris harris as it would have cost me a fortune for his race jacket. Lol

I even managed to buy David Howe jacket as well,the auction finished off a great day.

http://unofficialscorpion.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=benfund