British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
greyhoundp

Is Your Team Running

I would go for more than ten, 1 of either Sittingbourne or Weymouth, plus i would think possibly Plymouth, and maybe a Surprise application :wink: .

Do you know something we don't know? I thought Plymouth had been accepted into the PL, albeit subject to a track inspection (what's that when it's at home?). You seem to be suggesting that either Plymouyth will be running PL and NL or that Plymouth might be booted out of the PL, having only just been accepted into it.

Do you know something we don't know? I thought Plymouth had been accepted into the PL, albeit subject to a track inspection (what's that when it's at home?). You seem to be suggesting that either Plymouyth will be running PL and NL or that Plymouth might be booted out of the PL, having only just been accepted into it.

Easy tiger (or should that be Devil!? :wink: ), I think the poster was only surmising that Plymouth may 'do a Scunny' and go for an NL team too..

Personally I'd say that doubling-down is unlikely but I'm sure your club's well-deserved elevation to the Premier is not in any doubt...

Easy tiger (or should that be Devil!? :wink: ), I think the poster was only surmising that Plymouth may 'do a Scunny' and go for an NL team too..

Personally I'd say that doubling-down is unlikely but I'm sure your club's well-deserved elevation to the Premier is not in any doubt...

nothing would suprise me in british speedway at the moment :unsure:

YES, I was suggesting Plymouth may well consider running a NL Team in addition to the PL Team, such as Newport,Kings Lynn,Newport,Rye House,Scunthorpe,Belle Vue etc,etc.

YES, I was suggesting Plymouth may well consider running a NL Team in addition to the PL Team, such as Newport,Kings Lynn,Newport,Rye House,Scunthorpe,Belle Vue etc,etc.

Fair enough, but TBH it will surely be a case of "slowly, slowly catchee monkey". PL AND NL is too much too soon I suspect; we're good but not that good ...... yet :lol:

What i was thinking AM, was probably most of your NL Team would not yet be ready for the Pl, plus it would be a way of retaining Seemond who will possibly struggle to find a Team, unless he signs for maybe IOW, dont know but it was just a line of thought. :wink:

Really dont know why, Coventry, and Somerset dont run NL Teams, for Tracks that OWN There own Tracks the outlay is minimal, and whilst supporters are reluctant to watch NL racing as an alternative to Senior League racing, providing the meetings are held on a Weekend when most people can get along to watch, there is really No reason why these Tracks cannot at least break even with there NL Teams.

Edited by greyhoundp

What i was thinking AM, was probably most of your NL Team would not yet be ready for the Pl, plus it would be a way of retaining Seemond who will possibly struggle to find a Team, unless he signs for maybe IOW, dont know but it was just a line of thought. :wink:

Really dont know why, Coventry, and Somerset dont run NL Teams, for Tracks that OWN There own Tracks the outlay is minimal, and whilst supporters are reluctant to watch NL racing as an alternative to Senior League racing, providing the meetings are held on a Weekend when most people can get along to watch, there is really No reason why these Tracks cannot at least break even with there NL Teams.

Not a 100% certain but I think Somerset may have some planning restrictions around how many meetings they are allowed to hold?

Not a 100% certain but I think Somerset may have some planning restrictions around how many meetings they are allowed to hold?

Are Somerset on a curfew ?

Scunthorpe run vast majority of home NL fixtures as the second part of a double header. Could this work at Somerset ?

Really dont know why, Coventry, and Somerset dont run NL Teams

Cov tried it back in about '04(ish), about the same time as Wolves, and it wasn't popular enough. These days the stadium has a full calendar of speedway, no smart comments please, and stocks in different classes.

Are Somerset on a curfew ?

Scunthorpe run vast majority of home NL fixtures as the second part of a double header. Could this work at Somerset ?

I think they are on a curfew as well!

must admit i was a bit worried that there would be enough teams but its looking good according to the posts on here.fingers crossed next week

What i was thinking AM, was probably most of your NL Team would not yet be ready for the Pl, plus it would be a way of retaining Seemond who will possibly struggle to find a Team, unless he signs for maybe IOW, dont know but it was just a line of thought. :wink: ....................

I agree that other than the Devils who have already been earmarked (if that's the right word) for this years PL, the remaining riders are not ready for PL. Based on his improvement last season (and if he continues his improvement in the forthcoming season) Jaimie Pickard might be worth a look for a PL ride in the following season. I will watch his progress this season with no little interest, as I will all the other former Devils that get to ride in the NL this season. Sorry to see that Paul Starke has not got a PL ride either. The only thing he did wrong was to get injured before he had the chance to show what he can do. Seemond has indicated in the past that he was not keen to ride PL again and he has his sidecar racing to fill his time now.

Otherwise I expect the riders to go their various ways, in the manner that Speedway Riders do