British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BeesFan

Are There Going To Be Any Winter Meetings?

Are there going to be any winter meetings? i havent seen anything about the new year classic is it not being run? The meeting at scunny was very good last year too any plans to run it again this year?

Edited by BeesFan

Seeing as last winter was so awful, I think the Scunthorpe promotion are holding out a little while longer before deciding anything...maybe the Newport promotion are doing the same thing? The above link doesn't work BTW, RS50.

Hopefully the New Year Classic will be at Newport again --subject to it being allocated.

There are winter amateur meetings at both Newport and Scunthorpe ....details in training section on bsf

Did not check the link before posting it. From memory I think it was an article in the local newspaper saying that they would see what the weather was like in November, before deciding if there would be a Scunny Xmas Cracker.

can mods add a W to the thread title?

Mod Note: Done :)

There are some amateur meetings at Scunthorpe during the winter months. I have been to a couple and to be honest the racing is pretty good.

I saw in the star that Plymouth are looking at staging a meeting but apart from that I have not heard anything else.

There are some amateur meetings at Scunthorpe during the winter months. I have been to a couple and to be honest the racing is pretty good.

I saw in the star that Plymouth are looking at staging a meeting but apart from that I have not heard anything else.

Appears to be a meeting at Newport Sun Jan 2nd 1pm start. Hasn't beeen named as the New Year Classic as of yet but surely it must be.

Read on Scunny's forum that they have applied to run a meeting on 27th December, although it does not appear a final decision made yet.

Hoping both Newport & Scunthorpe both run meetings as i enjoyed both last year. And with meeting choices being thin on the ground for me next season its would be something to look forward to

Bridger, Kevin Doolan, David Howe and Leigh Lanham are the first names for the New Year Classic.

Did not check the link before posting it. From memory I think it was an article in the local newspaper saying that they would see what the weather was like in November, before deciding if there would be a Scunny Xmas Cracker.

Hmm, coldest November since records began... First time heavy snow in November for decades..

I wonder what kind of decision will be made based on THAT sort of data!!!