British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
FenTiger666

Mildenhall - Who Decides Who The New Promoter Is?

Whenever the new promotion is announced I will give them my full support. SMS will be kicked started again in the new year to continue our mission to raise funds to help the new promotion and obviously I look forward to working with them.

I have no idea as to the depth of their pockets but they will definately need some financing as I would have thought it unlikely that they could make an immediate impact on the financial well being of the club. Promotion will help but it also costs and takes time.

In terms of the fencing I am certain Mildenhall speedway has access to people who know exactly how it needs to be put together and who can train whoever is responsible for this work. It is a tricky process, I know from brief personal experience(the one time I was responsible for it I just bought the bacon rolls), but it is managable.

And as to it being my round it is never my round as an ex-promoter I expect to use poverty as my excuse for many years to come....

You may just have said the right things to get yourself a role other than 'buying the bacon rolls' this time round. :D

Couldn't agree more, Kev, I think you've summed things up accurately and succinctly.

As you say, if Mr Bailey wants the same result as the Mildenhall fans, then he has a strange way of showing it. He clearly still has his own agenda for making such remarks. But Mr Bailey is a mere footnote in Mildenhall's past. Indeed, there are people who had been part of the staff at Mildenhall much, much longer than Mr Bailey, who have been wholly more positive in welcoming Mildenhall's potential re-opening in 2011 on this discussion thread. So we can draw our own conclusions from those contrasting remarks.

Fortunately, it now looks more positive as to Mildenhall being active in 2011, and it is to that which most are now looking forward. Hopefully Mildenhall's team will consist of riders who have the potential and hunger to develop in the sport. That was something the 2010 Mildenhall management did deliver and it would be good to see a similar team building ethos for 2011.

Just catching up with all the news after the Xmas Break and I am delighted that Mildenhall Fentigers will be opened for business in 2011,but someone will have to explain to me who this kea54/Mr.Bailey is because I have never heard of him and by the comments I do not believe that I would want to meet him,all he seems to be doing is to cause trouble which we can well do without.

Good luck to the Fentigers in 2011, I for one will be there supporting you,hopefully kea54 will not (who ever he is)

K.K.

I'm going off topic here but as the thread has for the time being become a bit slow moving hopefully you will forgive me, this is speedway related up to a point and the Mildenhall thread seems as good a place as any to post it as I know of at least two Norwich City fans who post here !, did anyone go to the Middlesborough v Norwich match on Monday, I didnt but my son did, and I have just got round to looking at the programme he brought back, on page 38 is a picture of ex boro legend David Armstrong astride a speedway bike, he played for boro from 73 to 80, my query is for anyone who has seen the pic, who are the two riders pictured with him, and what team would they have ridden for, did middlesborough have a speedway team at that time, ?

Thanks for any info.

You may just have said the right things to get yourself a role other than 'buying the bacon rolls' this time round. :D

I tend to enjoy more supervisory roles these days lol

I get hold of most Norwich City programmes and I have seen the speedway photo that was in Mondays Middlesbrough V Norwich City programme!

The 2 Teeside Tigers riders with ex Boro player David Armstrong are current Redcar (only up the road from Middlesbrough FC's Riverside Stadium) promotor Brian Havelock and a very young Mark Courtney!

Good luck to Mildenhall speedway in the future whoevers running them!

I get hold of most Norwich City programmes and I have seen the speedway photo that was in Mondays Middlesbrough V Norwich City programme!

The 2 Teeside Tigers riders with ex Boro player David Armstrong are current Redcar (only up the road from Middlesbrough FC's Riverside Stadium) promotor Brian Havelock and a very young Mark Courtney!

Good luck to Mildenhall speedway in the future whoevers running them!

Thanks for that, it did seem a bit strange that they choose to print a picture and then give it no detail in the accompanying article.

I do hope that the Mildenhall situation is sorted out soon and fully supported by the BSPA- We cannot afford to lose any speedway tracks that are able to run within Planning rules etc., I am sure that if run properly by the right person (preferably someone with local contacts) with a few local riders in the team Miledenhall can once again be a force to be reckoned with. East Anglians will be able to watch Speedway from all three levels.