British Speedway Forum
covlad459

Coventry 99 % Certain To Be In Elite Next Season Acording To Sandu

Haven't read all the thread but is there an attribution anywhere which justifies its title (ie quotes Mr Sandhu as saying Coventry are 99 per cent certain to be in the Elite League next season)?

No mate, no such thing, just another thread of idle speculation ...

I keep looking at the proposed teams for various clubs and I think that at their next meeting the BSPA should consider a re-branding of the product because "Elite" doesn't really fit :unsure:

It will be re-branded as the Dilute League.

I have set up a company called Go2Seed and I have exclusive rights to the Dilute League as well as the tv rights with Comedy Central.

It will be re-branded as the Dilute League.

I have set up a company called Go2Seed and I have exclusive rights to the Dilute League as well as the tv rights with Comedy Central.

Well I've just heard BBC Radio Cambs sport and Bratters was reported to have said that it's too late to reorganise the EL? So if that's the case then we'll certainly trial your suggestion :)

After all that has gone on over the past few weeks, maybe now would be the perfect time for Terry Russell to look for a League sponsor. How about him trying EX-LAX ? :wink:

Edited by semion

After all that has gone on over the past few weeks, maybe now would be the perfect time for Terry Russell to look for a League sponsor. How about him trying EX-LAX ? :wink:

I thought that the idea was to stem the losses or are you suggesting that what's so far proposed will loosen the EL up so they'd be a perfect partner :unsure:

I thought that the idea was to stem the losses or are you suggesting that what's so far proposed will loosen the EL up so they'd be a perfect partner :unsure:

If that is the case, maybe try BISTO as a sponsor then. It wont stop it, but mighten thicken it up a some. :wink:

I know what you mean but it's really immaterial now. The EL has the minimum 8 teams it needs (it could have been 10 but hey ho) so as we stand the EL can function in 2011. The BSPA could dig its heels in now and make no compromise of any sort if it wanted. When outnumbered 8 to 1 it leaves Coventry in a very difficult position.

It could have functioned with less than 8 teams but by doing so it would not have received anything from Sky TV whether it be money or even any live TV showings. I am led to believe that the money is in the region £100k per team so it must have been all hands to the wheel to sweet talk King's Lynn into doing a sudden 360.

coventry and peterboroughs team building could have already started before the agm vote because this may be what was agreed at the pre agm meeting.

Exactly

Well if you're going to cherry pick the riders we have trained up and nurchered and throw money and gifts at them its hardly our fault is it! :unsure:

But have they cherry picked? Did not the 2 riders they currently have want away. One of them actually left to gain experience on a bigger track before ending up at Brandon.

I know what you mean but it's really immaterial now. The EL has the minimum 8 teams it needs (it could have been 10 but hey ho) so as we stand the EL can function in 2011. The BSPA could dig its heels in now and make no compromise of any sort if it wanted. When outnumbered 8 to 1 it leaves Coventry in a very difficult position.

Yet another forum member who seemingly claims to have been at the BSPA agm,and knows everything that transpired there.So who else got an invite?I presume Matt's faithful lapdog from Sherborne was lying at his master's feet,and one would guess Tsunami would have been there to take the minutes.Perhaps Coventry and Peterborough walked out,because they were unable to get a seat. :unsure:

You like so many others seem to have this obsession with the 8:1 or 7:2 vote democracy rules ok,like its the holy grail.Presumbably you were perfectly content with Mugabe winning his election in Zimbwabe,after all he got over 85% of the vote in the 2nd round.Trouble was his opponents risked being murdered if they didn't vote for him.It is doubtful if an independent judiciary would have declared the results as just.

No one has ever doubted how the votes went,it is the events that led upto that point,that is in dispute.The fact remains that you, like everybody else on this forum doesn't truly knows what went on.The only thing we really know is that Coventry and P'boro were sufficiently angered to walk out,and are sufficiently confident in their position to instigate legal proceedings.

Edited by houdi

Yet another forum member who seemingly claims to have been at the BSPA agm,and knows everything that transpired there.So who else got an invite?I presume Matt's faithful lapdog from Sherborne was lying at his master's feet,and one would guess Tsunami would have been there to take the minutes.Perhaps Coventry and Peterborough walked out,because they were unable to get a seat. :unsure:

You like so many others seem to have this obsession with the 8:1 or 7:2 vote democracy rules ok,like its the holy grail.Presumbably you were perfectly content with Mugabe winning his election in Zimbwabe,after all he got over 85% of the vote in the 2nd round.Trouble was his opponents risked being murdered if they didn't vote for him.It is doubtful if an independent judiciary would have declared the results as just.

No one has ever doubted how the votes went,it is the events that led upto that point,that is in dispute.The fact remains that you, like everybody else on this forum doesn't truly knows what went on.The only thing we really know is that Coventry and P'boro were sufficiently angered to walk out,and are sufficiently confident in their position to instigate legal proceedings.

Very well put

I'd love to know how many Cov and Pet fans were present when King's Lynn and Birmingham supposedly received their backhanders. Well I'd suggest it was ZERO. Doesn't seem to stop them making disgraceful accusations.

In the meantime the rest of us are entitled to give our less outrageous opinions about what may or may not have occurred at the AGM.

Thank you.

Edited by eastern wolf

A thought just occurred to, might as well chuck it in here as anywhere else...

If Andersen, Kasprzak & Zagar decide not to ride in the EL this season, that leaves Birmingham and Belle Vue without a "number one" (over 8pts) rider - would Kings Lynn and Swindon be ordered to release Iversen and Stead (the next highest riders) to fill that gap?

A thought just occurred to, might as well chuck it in here as anywhere else...

If Andersen, Kasprzak & Zagar decide not to ride in the EL this season, that leaves Birmingham and Belle Vue without a "number one" (over 8pts) rider - would Kings Lynn and Swindon be ordered to release Iversen and Stead (the next highest riders) to fill that gap?

Hopefully not Alan, we would not want either of them.