British Speedway Forum
covlad459

Coventry 99 % Certain To Be In Elite Next Season Acording To Sandu

It should be possible to disagree with someone without demonizing them.

:lol: Not on this forum.

Yes because the rules for 2011 have already been set and he fitted the criteria of a 4 point rider when signed. If he had been signed bEFORE the agm, and then the rules had been changed, Poole would have no leg to stand on because they would have jumped the gun.

Pawlicki fitted the criteria last season, but his meetings were manipulated to such an extent he never rode the 12th meeting to get an official average. Rule bending of 8.2 on the Richter Scale. Or should that be 6.18.

.....but if the rules have changed, like a few weeks ago maybe this will affect Poole regarding Anderssons average :unsure:

Yes because the rules for 2011 have already been set and he fitted the criteria of a 4 point rider when signed. If he had been signed bEFORE the agm, and then the rules had been changed, Poole would have no leg to stand on because they would have jumped the gun.

Pawlicki fitted the criteria last season, but his meetings were manipulated to such an extent he never rode the 12th meeting to get an official average. Rule bending of 8.2 on the Richter Scale. Or should that be 6.18.

But surely with the EL expanding to 10 teams they'll be a new AGM? Especially as 2 of them have contested the grounds of the original meeting.

I don't know if you have ever met Rick Frost but speaking as a neutral I can assure you he is a very nice down to earth guy. Whether you agree with him on this issue or not it is unfair to categorize him as someone who just treats the sport as a toy. He is enthusiastic about the sport and his heart is in the right place even if some of his decisions could be classed as ill-advised. Speedway is lucky to have someone who is prepared to plough that amount of money into the sport, and contrary to what some people have said on here I don't think he sees it as loose change.

It should be possible to disagree with someone without demonizing them.

Unfortunately I've never met Rick and I have no doubt he's a nice guy. He's certainly improved a very, very bad situation at Peterborough. But the fact that he CAN afford to lose so much money suggests he can use the sport as a toy (if he so wished). Other clubs are not in that fortunate position and have to cut their cloth to fit.

Now if the Matt Ford/CVS haters who hurl such foul abuse at them (and have also probably never met them) would show a little restraint the forum would be a happier place.

You keep on saying it and you are still wrong, the letter of the rule was abided by, not bent not broken. The rule may have been wrong, but that is a different matter. Any manager who had not taken advantage of it would not have been doing his job properly, that job being to gain every advantage for his team within the letter of the law, which is what was done.

Regards, Martin

But surely with the EL expanding to 10 teams they'll be a new AGM? Especially as 2 of them have contested the grounds of the original meeting.

To what end? Riders have already signed contracts in both leagues based upon the rules agreed at the AGM.

.....but if the rules have changed, like a few weeks ago maybe this will affect Poole regarding Anderssons average :unsure:

If the rules had been brought in at the AGM that foriegners were a 5, then Matt Ford would have made the decision whether to sign Andersson on that criteria. A rule won't be changed once it has been decided just a few weeks earlier and after some teams have signed riders on that very rule.

You keep on saying it and you are still wrong, the letter of the rule was abided by, not bent not broken. The rule may have been wrong, but that is a different matter. Any manager who had not taken advantage of it would not have been doing his job properly, that job being to gain every advantage for his team within the letter of the law, which is what was done.

Regards, Martin

I never said it was broken, but it was bent. And it was manipulation of gargantuan proportions which led directly to Coventry winning the playoffs.

Why should they double dip and benefit twice on a rider who has proved he should be on an average over two points higher? I can understand fans of that particular club wanting him back on a 4 because it gives an instant massive advantage over every other club.

But if Poole had done this with Madsen for example, left him out of his twelth meeting with some PL 6 pointer taking his place so he could ride at reserve in the playoffs, and were bringing him back on a 4 in 2011 at reserve when he averaged 6.20, would you still say its fine?

could be a massive can of worms about to explode here...

That sounds disgusting, couldn't they use beans instead?

..................I'll get me coat :oops:

Is it not possible to make an argument without abuse? I dislike your biased opinions intensely but never resort to abuse.

You've lost me there..

What biased opinions do you allude too - please enlighten ?

And as you have acccused me of being abusive to you - I would hope that you explain yourself.

Most disappointed in you EW..

I wouldn't invite you to my AGM :D

Now if the Matt Ford/CVS haters who hurl such foul abuse at them (and have also probably never met them) would show a little restraint the forum would be a happier place.

And ,if you and a few others with your own agendas were to show a little restraint also,there would be less friction on here.

You've lost me there..

What biased opinions do you allude too - please enlighten ?

And as you have acccused me of being abusive to you - I would hope that you explain yourself.

Most disappointed in you EW..

I wouldn't invite you to my AGM :D

Don't worry if I did come to your AGM I wouldn't bring my toys to chuck. :D :D

Guess that's a truce then :P

Edited by eastern wolf

I am enjoying the meltdown that some fans are going through....SS and Eastern Wolf, great entertainment. First, you say that Coventry have to go to the tapes under agreed rules, we have weeks of "democracy" debates.

A couple of non descript press releases, and they are speculating on what compromise has been made. Oh boy! What a turn around, the biggest since, well, Poole lost the title. Come on, we all know that the BSPA was politically motivated decision making, the pre AGM was a farce with rules agreed then backed down from, and Sandhu and Frost MUST have had a valid reason to contest the issue.

It says far more about the BSPA and their rule making, than it does Sandhu and Frost. Fair play to someone standing up to the BSPA. As I have said, compromise was the weaker outcome. I await how the cracks will be covered up for 2011 and future AGMs.