British Speedway Forum
covlad459

Coventry 99 % Certain To Be In Elite Next Season Acording To Sandu

Im surprised there still hasent been any concrete announcement yet. I thought we were expecting one today?

None of the official statements said anything about a decision today. It's just a wait and see situation

Hmm, so where is the Statement we were all expecting, i do hope this is not a false claim, for the Coventry fans sake, otherwise there could be some very angry fans!!

Hmm, so where is the Statement we were all expecting, i do hope this is not a false claim, for the Coventry fans sake, otherwise there could be some very angry fans!!

Nobody was expecting a statement today. The 3 parties are in discussion and a statement will be released in due course when things get sorted.

..... otherwise there could be some very angry fans!!

Blimey! That will make a change on here. :D

Don't worry Starman Coventry fans are quite chilled and patiently waiting for an official statement. We've seen the Christmas tree and got the secret messages so no need to worry.

1st week in jan theres a extraordinary meeting

The only angry ones appear to be Steven Shovlar and Eastern Wolf, with sporadic fire from others. Everyone needs to relax and have a happy Christmas!

I like the conspiracy theory that someone posted.....effectively it was all a stitch up to get others into the EL, and Tsunami suggestions about Plymouth....

there will be no confirmation until the new year they r srill talking and they r very hopefull of coming to a conclusion. but before anything is announced it has to be put before the other 8 teams in the league so if one of the teams throws its dummy you might not see cov in the league after all.cov and warwickshire radio were a bit premature with there statement yesterday and brought some faulse hope.but hey we might aswell just get on with xmas now and wait till the new year.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR

Lets just hope for Mr Joe Public's sake, not the so called experts on here, that common sense prevails and many people are still able to follow their favourite sport

Edited by garyy

Lets just hope for Mr Joe Public's sake, not the so called experts on here, that common sense prevails and many people are still able to follow their favourite sport

Well after 67 pages of crap, finally a sensible statement

With you 100% on this one.

And when it is sorted out lets hope all the egos on either side are just pleased there is an outcome and there is no 'victory' parade carried out on here

When agreement is announced(after clearance of the other 8 EL teams) might it look like this.

40 points limit. No change as other teams havbe already been started and any change now would create problems. No change.

60% conversion rate. As it is not the 70% that some on here guessed at, I think it has now much more credibility than first thought. The conversion rate needed amending, and it's introduction now has seen a levelling up in league strengths between the PL and EL, but I can see problems of progression of good British riders in future as EL teams deem foreigners as a better bet on their incoming averages. Up the foreigner's average next year to say 5 to help the situation. No change this year but foreign averages to be reviewed next year.

Riders over 8. Implimentation of this rule means generally teams are set up similar, so that double big hitters don't dominate heats 13 and 15, and it gives everyone a chance of having a real number one. No change.

6.19 Pawlicki average. Agree with a mutual average of 5 starting this season. Change and monitor next year as stated above.

Independant Speedway management panel. Will never be a runner as promoters, with large investments in the sport, will not accept and certainly not pay for this management level to tell them what to do with their own business. It will never happen. Despite what I have said, there is a need to look at something to address some perceived problems that have, and can occur, from time to time. What I would propose is to retain a learned guy who would perform a role such as a Director of say OffSpeed. The MC will, as now, be appointed between the 2 leagues and by all the BSPA members in a democratic vote. The Director would be of some independant stance, who would be retained every year to mediate in areas of conflict, and would chair and adjudicate on issues of great dispute such as happened at this years AGM. He would NOT sit in, or need to be available, for every General Council meeting or pre-AGM meeting, but could be on standby for each AGM. He would, or could be, a sports oriented barrister to give the role a deal of credibility and acceptance. I like Tony Steele, and he is very knowledable in all aspects of speedway and management, but I feel an independant outside authority would be a better choice and easier to accept.

If this idea is not acceptable, then why not a commission be set up under the chairmanship of John Cook, with Colin Ptatt and one other, to bring back workable arrangements for say the 1st June which gives plenty of time to loo kat and research alternatives, and then to seek and achieve unanimous agreement for acceptance at the pre-AGM, and then voted in at the 2011 AGM.

Any thoughts. :approve:

there will be no confirmation until the new year they r srill talking and they r very hopefull of coming to a conclusion. but before anything is announced it has to be put before the other 8 teams in the league so if one of the teams throws its dummy you might not see cov in the league after all.cov and warwickshire radio were a bit premature with there statement yesterday and brought some faulse hope.but hey we might aswell just get on with xmas now and wait till the new year.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR

Would it not be a majority vote rather than just one club being against?

I am not suggesting it would happen but BV for example might say; There isn't a decent No.1, other than Zagar, who we don't think is and who we don't want because of his allegded unreliability. We can vote in favour of letting Coventry and Peterborough back in and doom ourselves to another season at the bottom of the EL with no No.1 and more financial loss or we can keep them out and get Harris or Andersen. After all said and done they have caused the problem so why should we now suffer. On the other hand they might say, never mind that we will be the only real victims at the end of all this it is in the best interests of the sport, we will do what Coventry and Peterborough would do in our shoes.

And off they go again :o

And off they go again :o

I am just pointing out that it would be better to decide it on a majority rather than give one club a veto.

60% conversion rate. As it is not the 70% that some on here guessed at, I think it has now much more credibility than first thought. The conversion rate needed amending, and it's introduction now has seen a levelling up in league strengths between the PL and EL, but I can see problems of progression of good British riders in future as EL teams deem foreigners as a better bet on their incoming averages. Up the foreigner's average next year to say 5 to help the situation. No change this year but foreign averages to be reviewed next year.

I'd tweak it slightly - make it 50% when moving up, but 66% when moving down. That makes both leagues stronger.