British Speedway Forum
covlad459

Coventry 99 % Certain To Be In Elite Next Season Acording To Sandu

It still doesn't mean they were given a massive incentive to come up to the EL.

I never said it involved money, just that stevebrum appears to think they were not lined up for PL. It was a fact that they were. I agree with BWitcher tho.....

Most people dont class that as fact.

Who knows what there plans were?

Im not so sure they didnt declare an intent.

But to suggest they only came up to prop up the EL is just plain nonesense IMHO.

Edited by Authorised

No, I am sure they looked at it logically and thought,

Hey, we are a thriving club in the PL, making money eacy year and one of the top dogs of the league. Shall we continue in this vein or

Lets go join the EL, the league that is losing money hand over fist, looks like imploding at any moment, costs a lot more money to operate in..

Alot of PL clubs are losing money too,even Edinburgh and they are top dogs and not all EL clubs are losing money.

KL seems to be a well run club and there is no reason why it should be less profitable in the EL.

Alot of PL clubs are losing money too,even Edinburgh and they are top dogs and not all EL clubs are losing money.

KL seems to be a well run club and there is no reason why it should be less profitable in the EL.

Remind me why they dropped down a league originally.

Remind me why they have always insisted they would not move up to the EL and the reasons (at a time when the EL was in a better state)

Remind me why when the relegation play-offs roll round the forum is inundated with posters saying its a farce because if the PL team won, they couldn't afford to move up.

The consensus of this forum for years has been that it would be dumb for PL teams to move up to the EL, so why has that suddenly changed, at a time when the PL is gaining new tracks (Leicester), at a time when Kings Lynn's local rivals Ipswich have dropped down (big gates in the local derbies to look forward too).

There is no sound business reason whatsoever for Kings Lynn to have moved up at this time... that we know of.

Did any EL team make a profit last season?

Other than the seriously increased wage bill, more expenditure on loanees and signings.

Income reduced by fewer fixtures.

Unlikely to increase gate attendances. Admission kept the same.

Does Sky money cover all of this? No.

Would they be more profitable in PL? Most clubs would be, if not all. EL needs to think differently, outside the GoSpeed box for a start.

Remind me why they dropped down a league originally.

Remind me why they have always insisted they would not move up to the EL and the reasons (at a time when the EL was in a better state)

Remind me why when the relegation play-offs roll round the forum is inundated with posters saying its a farce because if the PL team won, they couldn't afford to move up.

The consensus of this forum for years has been that it would be dumb for PL teams to move up to the EL, so why has that suddenly changed, at a time when the PL is gaining new tracks (Leicester), at a time when Kings Lynn's local rivals Ipswich have dropped down (big gates in the local derbies to look forward too).

There is no sound business reason whatsoever for Kings Lynn to have moved up at this time... that we know of.

Why don't we all give up the unequal struggle then and join the wonderfully profitable PL.

Other than the seriously increased wage bill, more expenditure on loanees and signings.

Income reduced by fewer fixtures.

Unlikely to increase gate attendances. Admission kept the same.

Does Sky money cover all of this? No.

Would they be more profitable in PL? Most clubs would be, if not all. EL needs to think differently, outside the GoSpeed box for a start.

The gate attendances are likely to increase,especially as they haven't increased admission.Sky money is a factor and sponsorship money should be more too.

Maybe Matt did when he flogged his fireworks. ;):lol:

The gate attendances are likely to increase,especially as they haven't increased admission.Sky money is a factor and sponsorship money should be more too.

Their race night will not be regular, and they have decided to miss the return of the derby fixtures with Ipswich, which would happen in the PL. The only way attendances will increase is if more home fans turn out.....but I have read for years that the fans don´t mind the quality (I personally do) and standards do not matter (ref: is the EL really Elite?).

Will Lynn fans accept a struggle, having got used to winning, I hope the fans accept the Elite no silverware status. I bet they got some decent crowds for Cup Finals and Title Successes over the last few years.

Why would sponsorship money be more? A little TV exposure doesn´t sell it to companies in the middle of a recession.

Glad to see the Know all's and fountains of all knowledge still going strong

This thread is getting like WAR AND PEACE

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all - let's not wait for details when we can make it all up like this :lol:

Edited by garyy

Poole certainly made a profit thanks,even after repairing the toilets and showers.

So Poole and possibly Coventry made a profit, the two best supported teams.

Why would KL make a profit? Apart from reserves how many of their own assets will they be using? For them to have made the step up at such short notice they must have been given some incentive.

We hear a lot of Promotions talking about losses that they make year on year ..But they still run the following season ! The Teams get weaker due to the points limit & still the promoters expect fans to support their teams ,which the hardcore do .I find it very difficult to understand how an Owner/Promotion can stand these losses on an annual basis . Perhaps in reality they dont really make that much of a loss ?? The SKY money must be a massive factor in the clubs carrying on . If the next season is as exciting as the last SKY will be back ..FINGERS CROSSED ,Because i dont think we can survive without em !!!

Their race night will not be regular, and they have decided to miss the return of the derby fixtures with Ipswich, which would happen in the PL. The only way attendances will increase is if more home fans turn out.....but I have read for years that the fans don´t mind the quality (I personally do) and standards do not matter (ref: is the EL really Elite?).

Will Lynn fans accept a struggle, having got used to winning, I hope the fans accept the Elite no silverware status. I bet they got some decent crowds for Cup Finals and Title Successes over the last few years.

Why would sponsorship money be more? A little TV exposure doesn´t sell it to companies in the middle of a recession.

Why won't the race nights be regular?They will have local derbies if Peterborough return and the fans will be excited by the better quality,you only say your happy with a lower standard when thats all that is on offer and this will increase attendances.

Elite may not have all the top riders but there is no doubt it is better quality racing than PL.

TV exposure will increase revenue and will increase sponsorship,even in a recession.

So how many Poole fans do you estimate will be making the mid-week near 450 mile/9 hour round trip then. :rolleyes: Their nearest Elite league track is Lakeside,which is still a 200 mile round trip.The only teams who would have taken a significant following are Ipswich (their fiercest rivals)who have dropped to the Premier League,P'boro who are about 30 miles away,but not in the Elite League,presently anyway, ;) and Coventry again who presently are not in the Elite League.

So unless they increase their home following it is hard to see where their increased attendances will come from.I'm not sure teams only tracking 1 rider over an 8 point average,will entice many new fans to the Norfolk Arena anyway.