British Speedway Forum
covlad459

Coventry 99 % Certain To Be In Elite Next Season Acording To Sandu

but the prem is full for 2011............................................ or is it?

It doesn't matter whether it's full or not. There's not a chance of us being PL for 2011. Apart from Olly Allen all our riders have signed elsewhere so we'd have no team at all.

We will be EL but we may end up having to rebuild our team again

Seems pretty clear to me - the man says his team will NOT be running in the EL in 2011. The reason being that having made substantial losses, he feels the rules agreed at the AGM will increase those losses!! So what are you arguing about?

what it says is that under the new rules they do not want to go in the elite, it does not say they wouldnt compete if some of the rules they didnt like changed!

You'd like to think that if there was ever any possibility of P'boro competing in the EL in 2011 then their riders wouldn't have been allowed to sign for other clubs while the club's position was being sorted out.

While I would very much like P'boro back in the EL I'd also like Bjerre & Puk to honour the contracts they have agreed with Buster. Looks like it'll be one or the other though.

but the prem is full for 2011............................................ or is it?

That depends on who is applying to join and if it suits the BSPA at the time , Plymouth were dissapointed when their application to join was refused ( lack of facilities and no proper business plan I believe ) but look what happened just a couple of weeks later , so where the BSPA are concerned anything is possible. and nothing is beyond belief

looks like Coventry are taking their place in the elite in 2011, on facebook Rosco has said he's signed a 4 pointer - AP ? any guesses??

Edited by dump that clutch

what it says is that under the new rules they do not want to go in the elite, it does not say they wouldnt compete if some of the rules they didnt like changed!

...and it doesn't say that it is nearly Christmas either! Stick to what it does say!!

You'd like to think that if there was ever any possibility of P'boro competing in the EL in 2011 then their riders wouldn't have been allowed to sign for other clubs while the club's position was being sorted out.

While I would very much like P'boro back in the EL I'd also like Bjerre & Puk to honour the contracts they have agreed with Buster. Looks like it'll be one or the other though.

The problem is that it was only this week the Peterborough riders where added too the transfer embargo which makes them not contracted to King's Lynn for 2011. I've asked the question on Bookface and the promotion haven't responded and that concerns me as they do tend to answer questions if they're incorrect

It doesn't matter whether it's full or not. There's not a chance of us being PL for 2011. Apart from Olly Allen all our riders have signed elsewhere so we'd have no team at all.

We will be EL but we may end up having to rebuild our team again

You'd have an open and shut case against the BSPA, who would be deeper in the mire than they already are.

looks like Coventry are taking their place in the elite in 2011, on facebook Rosco has said he's signed a 4 pointer - AP ? any guesses??

Pawlicki ?

considering the article in the peterborough newspaper that said Bjerre wanted to remain at P.boro . and Rick Frost has said the he and Bjerre are the best of friends , do you think he would give his best for Kings Lynn .especially in the local derbies. and with that knowledge would you still be keen to have him in your team?

Edited by speedibee

That's professional of him. Nice to see the Coventry management going about things in the correct and proper way.

What's your source re P'boro riders and the embargo screamer?

I don't understand how riders who are essentially self employed can sign an agreement and then it be deemed null and void at a later date. Not saying that you aren't speaking the truth but there are so many people on this forum who offer unsubstantiated opinions and claim to know things but don't share them that its difficult to know what's fact and what isn't.

Just hope that the whole sorry mess can get sorted before March and NO club is left high and dry.

considering the article in the peterborough newspaper that said Bjerre wanted to remain at P.boro . and Rick Frost has said the he and Bjerre are the best of friends , do you think he would give his best for Kings Lynn .especially in the local derbies. and with that knowledge would you still be keen to have him in your team?

Like I said I think that if P'boro do run EL that Bjerre x 2 & Puk will revert back to the EoES , so what you've written there is pretty irrelevant.