British Speedway Forum
covlad459

Coventry 99 % Certain To Be In Elite Next Season Acording To Sandu

We've all stuck our penny's worth of knowledge and rumours on all the threads regarding Coventry & Peterborough.

Is it now time we allow the mods to close these threads until hard evidence has been proven one way or another???

Excellent post.

People keep on about an independent body as if it is some sort of panacea but once you start trying to work out its structure you start to see the problems such as: How many are going to sit on it and who are they ? What are the qualifications to get onto the independent body? Is it going to be a full time or part-time job? How many hours a week will this panel need to spend running the sport and if they all live in different parts of the country where will they meet ? What will this independent body be paid, and how much will their premises cost ? Where is the money going to come from ? What is the limit of their authority and what is the appeals process against decisions that are not liked ? Who is going to hear any appeals ?

I keep hearing names like Tony Steele mentioned and he is a first class referee but what does he know about the financial side of running a speedway club ? All these questions have to be looked at in detail and fullt costed before we take the step of an independent body which could potentially be worse than what we have now.

Perhaps the presence of an independent skilled mediator or negotiator at such meetings is worth a consideration. Might have avoided this dispute?

By the same thinking shouldn't the Cov-Pet fans stop convicting the BSPA without evidence?

Absolutely Eastern Wolf. Couldn't agree more.

I'm new to this forum and have just trawled through these 33 pages and I have to say how pathetic some of this actually is.

Yes, I'm a Bees fan who was gutted by the recent news.

I think all parties are entitled to their own opinion and, in turn, they will all feel that they are correct in their views.

However, what I believe this does reveal is that whilst this wonderful sport is run predominantly by the owners of the clubs, there will always be turmoil and disagreement.

The sooner we all come to our senses and allow a neutral governing body to take charge and set rules for the good of the sport, the sooner the league will even itself out and run on a more even keel and, each season, the best team will succeed.

Come on guys and gals, let's agree to disagree and see this wonderful sport we all love move forward in a sensible manner.

The voice of reason and sound logic - how ridiculous !!

We've all stuck our penny's worth of knowledge and rumours on all the threads regarding Coventry & Peterborough.

Is it now time we allow the mods to close these threads until hard evidence has been proven one way or another???

That gets my vote. There are too many similar threads and everybody knows everybody else's view by now.

That gets my vote. There are too many similar threads and everybody knows everybody else's view by now.

I think you've been the most active on this subject. :)

Has it not occurred to you that Coventry and Peterborough might actually have grounds for a legal challenge.

Then let them roll the dice and take their chances.

Excellent post.

People keep on about an independent body as if it is some sort of panacea but once you start trying to work out its structure you start to see the problems such as: How many are going to sit on it and who are they ? What are the qualifications to get onto the independent body? Is it going to be a full time or part-time job? How many hours a week will this panel need to spend running the sport and if they all live in different parts of the country where will they meet ? What will this independent body be paid, and how much will their premises cost ? Where is the money going to come from ? What is the limit of their authority and what is the appeals process against decisions that are not liked ? Who is going to hear any appeals ?

I keep hearing names like Tony Steele mentioned and he is a first class referee but what does he know about the financial side of running a speedway club ? All these questions have to be looked at in detail and fullt costed before we take the step of an independent body which could potentially be worse than what we have now.

I wouldn't have an independent body, just an independent commissioner along the lines of most American sports and Poland's Ekstraliga, with no mandate to actually determine the rules but as someone to oversee the implementation of the rules and to address any concerns and deliver judgement of instances brought to his (or her, let's not be sexist) attention. Thus, Matt Ford (or any of the promotions who called him to complain) could have raised the "Pawlicki situation" (which even he only seems to have noticed after Poole were beaten, or he could've noted it in the play-off final programme) with the commissioner, who could have then considered it and delivered a judgement for the consideration of the BSPA or SCB or ACU.

Edited by ladyluck

Yeah but you don't know why.

Because it is Sandhu's fault.

P.S are you the model man?

Perhaps the presence of an independent skilled mediator or negotiator at such meetings is worth a consideration. Might have avoided this dispute?

A nanny or primary school teacher would probably do just as well - telling the children to play fair and soothing the bruised egos with a spoonful of sugar to help the medicine go down.

Then let them roll the dice and take their chances.

I wouldn't have an independent body, just an independent commissioner along the lines of most American sports and Poland's Ekstraliga, with no mandate to actually determine the rules but as someone to oversee the implementation of the rules and to address any concerns and deliver judgement of instances brought to his (or her, let's not be sexist) attention. Thus, Matt Ford (or any of the promotions who called him to complain) could have raised the "Pawlicki situation" (which even he only seems to have noticed after Poole were beaten, or he could've noted it in the play-off final programme) with the commissioner, who could have then considered it and delivered a judgement for the consideration of the BSPA or SCB or ACU.

Most of the speedway world noticed the Pawlicki situation,let alone Matt Ford.

Has it not occurred to you that Coventry and Peterborough might actually have grounds for a legal challenge.

It appears to me that two promoters have been tried and convicted without hearing the evidence.

As has the BSPA !

No idea whose fault it is, since information is so sparse.

Edited by Pollyanna

Most of the speedway world noticed the Pawlicki situation,let alone Matt Ford.

Then it really only became an issue when his supposedly all conquering team were humbled. Before that he might have been willing to see it as a clever piece of work from Coventry, since he only mentioned it "after the fact" and not beforehand. Don't get me wrong, I think the situation needed addressing and I have no problem with the way it has been addressed, but through his actions Matt Ford has left himself wide open to the kind of comment that has been directed in his direction.

[/b]

As has the BSPA !

No idea whose fault it is, since information is so sparse.

but its been good fun guessing!