British Speedway Forum
covlad459

Coventry 99 % Certain To Be In Elite Next Season Acording To Sandu

will you ever state a fact rather than an opinion.

he said he could not justify running elite league under a set of rules that would increase the 140,000 losses he made last season.

he could easily afford it but justifying it is a different matter

To be fair he has had a very difficult 3-4 weeks.All this posturing is on the verge of coming back to bite him on the ass very soon,I think a lie down in a dark room and some banging of head against a wall is most definately required.

I did suggest two weeks back I thought he needed a break as his posts were bordering on insanity but he declined and kept the propoganda machine in overdrive despite contradicting himself numerous times.

Its a shame really,Poole are a great club but they get dragged in the gutter by this man.

will you ever state a fact rather than an opinion.

he said he could not justify running elite league under a set of rules that would increase the 140,000 losses he made last season.

he could easily afford it but justifying it is a different matter

That isn't quite what he said. He actually said (see below) that he can't justify remaining in the EL. He says he FEELS (doesn't know) that rule changes would add to that.

We cannot justify or endorse losses of c£140,000 per season in order for Peterborough Speedway to remain in the Elite League and feel that some of the rule changes voted in at the recent BSPA AGM will only serve to increase such losses.

That isn't quite what he said. He actually said (see below) that he can't justify remaining in the EL. He says he FEELS (doesn't know) that rule changes would add to that.

We cannot justify or endorse losses of c£140,000 per season in order for Peterborough Speedway to remain in the Elite League and feel that some of the rule changes voted in at the recent BSPA AGM will only serve to increase such losses.

That's the same thing just words in a different arrangement to be fair

Bit pedantic

That's the same thing just words in a different arrangement to be fair

Bit pedantic

It certainly isn't the same thing. Ignore the "feels" bit which is just an addendum to his statement. He clearly says he can't justify remaining in the EL with losses of 140k.

nice christmas present for the bees fans , hope P.boro fans can have a similar one in the next few days . I would like to be greedy now and ask santa to give me another gift....the news that ben barker has signed for another elite team .

And for certain your contributions will not be forgotten by many bees fans either

Too true. Certainly opened my eyes. I don't mind people having a different opinion and being against Coventry even though they don't know the reason for the dispute but I've been surprised at some of the comments and they won't be forgotten.

It certainly isn't the same thing. Ignore the "feels" bit which is just an addendum to his statement. He clearly says he can't justify remaining in the EL with losses of 140k.

Yeah,under the rules discussed.Anyone can break any wording down as far as they want to looking for something that is or isnt there.

He felt under the proposed rules we could not justify extra losses he felt would happen.Whether he right or wrong is irrelvant,he is a businessman and he takes the view it will increase losses.He is not gonna just try it and see how it goes to be proven right and further out of pocket 9 months later

The word "and" is the clue.

Whether it is what he meant to say I know not but what he did say was, he could not endorse or justify the losses to stay in the EL AND that some of the new rules would serve to increase the losses.

Having said that the important thing is for Peterborough to be in the EL next year and I hope that they are.

Assuming the BBC report to be accurate - and good if it means Coventry returning under BSPA rules and regs! - I wonder who 'leaked' the news to BBC Coventry & Warwicks?? One can only presume one of the Bees representatives!! Once again not the correct way to go about things is it - whatever has been agreed/mediated/compromised I am certain that there would have been agreement from both sides for the 'official' statement to be made at a specific time by the BSPA. Instead, somebody 'in the know' has already gone back on that agreement. So much for trust, dignity, agreements etc!

Yeah,under the rules discussed.Anyone can break any wording down as far as they want to looking for something that is or isnt there.

He felt under the proposed rules we could not justify extra losses he felt would happen.Whether he right or wrong is irrelvant,he is a businessman and he takes the view it will increase losses.He is not gonna just try it and see how it goes to be proven right and further out of pocket 9 months later

Mate, we've been talking about legal action being taken so the wording of any statement has to be correct or it'll be ripped apart in court. You have to admit that the way that statement was worded it says he can't justify remaining in the EL with losses of 140k (remember those losses weren't made under the 2011 rules). If that isn't exactly what he meant to say the advice he was being given was very poor.

Edited by eastern wolf

Latest sport news updated now mentions Peterborough for the 1st time as having being involved in the talks.So hopefully there maybe some good news for their supporters as well. :lol: Lets hope so,it would be great news if they are back in speedway.It would be a crying shame if that track was lost to speedway. :approve:

and where in that statement does he say anything like " i cannot afford elite league speedway".

my wording may not have been 100% accurate but its a hell of a lot closer than not affording it

Mate, we've been talking about legal action being taken so the wording of any statement has to be correct or it'll be ripped apart in court. You have to admit that the way that statement was worded it says he can't justify remaining in the EL. If that isn't exactly what he meant to say the advice he was being given was very poor.

I honestly dont know EW.Things hanve always been clear from a Coventry point of view but not from Pet'bro aprapt from Sundstrom. My personal opinion is this quote was a bit of a smokescreen ,i may be wrong but just what I feel but I dont know what angle Pet'bro were pushing for in this saga,apart from presumably higher points limit.

Its all been a bit cloudy but from Cov v BSPA debate you could see where the problems were there,it was not so clear from panthers side imo.

Lets just hope they get back in the EL

Assuming the BBC report to be accurate - and good if it means Coventry returning under BSPA rules and regs! - I wonder who 'leaked' the news to BBC Coventry & Warwicks?? One can only presume one of the Bees representatives!! Once again not the correct way to go about things is it - whatever has been agreed/mediated/compromised I am certain that there would have been agreement from both sides for the 'official' statement to be made at a specific time by the BSPA. Instead, somebody 'in the know' has already gone back on that agreement. So much for trust, dignity, agreements etc!

You don't know it was Coventry that leaked anything you are as bad as everybody else on here. don't lay the blame on someone/person/club until you know the truth

Latest sport news updated now mentions Peterborough for the 1st time as having being involved in the talks.So hopefully there maybe some good news for their supporters as well. :lol: Lets hope so,it would be great news if they are back in speedway.It would be a crying shame if that track was lost to speedway. :approve:

Sincerely hope so,one of my favourite away tracks,good facilities,great racing,got to have great potential,can't fathom why the crowd levels are so low.