British Speedway Forum

Really good meeting last night - It was a great turnout from both riders and supporters. (Thankfully the weather behaved itself)

No doubt a farewell to be proud of.

Hope Alex Davies is better this morning - looked a very awkward spill...

Skipper Davey was absolutely on fire... get him back in the GPs ASAP!!

J

Glad it went well for Mark, and that he got the turnout he deserved.

Not so much luck with breaking the track record though. Haha.

I don't want to turn this into a Poole thread, but can't see the track record going for some while with these new silencers and I hope it doesn't!! If it makes for better (slightly slower?!) racing, thats fine by me.

Fabulous evening to say our Farewells to Mark.

I must say that at 2pm,when it was still raining hard,I genuinely feared it may not go ahead.The rain stopped just after and slowly improved until the sun finally came out at around 5pm.Imagine my surprise as I entered the Stadium at around 6-15pm to see the track staff frantically watering the circuit!

A superb turnout,at least double from the previous meeting vs Eastbourne and fans from all over the country there as well.Former World Champion Freddie Williams and former Pirate Ken Middleditch too.I saw Mike Hunter and his good lady,while fans from Berwick,Workington right down to Plymouth were also spotted.It really was a party atmosphere.

Some interesting racing made for a good night even allowing for the dust.Freddie fully deserved his win,as always fast and stylish.Crump putting in some robust 1st turns and very fast as well.Personally,I wasnt too bothered about the quality of racing,I was there simply to support Mark.

You could sense the emotion as Mark came out for his final few laps.Wonderful to see him again,although very sad once he stopped.The style was still there,The speed was still there.Alas the fitness wasnt!

The only disappointment was that the PA broke down just as Mark was going to be interviewed after his laps.Once that got sorted,you could sense his genuine concern for Alex Davies following his alrming fall late in the meeting.That sums Mark up perfectly.It was his night,yet he was genuinely upset that Alex got injured while doing him a favour.

Legend is a word often over used.Not in Marks case though.It fits him perfectly.

Mark Loram.............Speedway Legend.

Fabulous evening to say our Farewells to Mark.

I must say that at 2pm,when it was still raining hard,I genuinely feared it may not go ahead.The rain stopped just after and slowly improved until the sun finally came out at around 5pm.Imagine my surprise as I entered the Stadium at around 6-15pm to see the track staff frantically watering the circuit!

A superb turnout,at least double from the previous meeting vs Eastbourne and fans from all over the country there as well.Former World Champion Freddie Williams and former Pirate Ken Middleditch too.I saw Mike Hunter and his good lady,while fans from Berwick,Workington right down to Plymouth were also spotted.It really was a party atmosphere.

Some interesting racing made for a good night even allowing for the dust.Freddie fully deserved his win,as always fast and stylish.Crump putting in some robust 1st turns and very fast as well.Personally,I wasnt too bothered about the quality of racing,I was there simply to support Mark.

You could sense the emotion as Mark came out for his final few laps.Wonderful to see him again,although very sad once he stopped.The style was still there,The speed was still there.Alas the fitness wasnt!

The only disappointment was that the PA broke down just as Mark was going to be interviewed after his laps.Once that got sorted,you could sense his genuine concern for Alex Davies following his alrming fall late in the meeting.That sums Mark up perfectly.It was his night,yet he was genuinely upset that Alex got injured while doing him a favour.

Legend is a word often over used.Not in Marks case though.It fits him perfectly.

Mark Loram.............Speedway Legend.

100% agree Bob,a fantastic night that will live long in the memory.He looked good doing his laps so much so that was only a second behind the riders taking part in the meeting.His fastest lap was 16 seconds compared to 15 seconds in the meeting.Not bad for a 40 year old.

Mark thanks for the memories,your the reason i returned to the sport after a 18 year gap.

My first meeting back in a while.

A great night.

Makes me realise how much I miss it, so decided I'm gonna make the effort to get down every week now :D

Good to hear Dave and welcome at the same time to the mad house. More Pirate fans on here the better!

Does anyone know if the race jackets were sold after this meeting. I wasn't able to go and really wanted to.

Does anyone know if the race jackets were sold after this meeting. I wasn't able to go and really wanted to.

No they weren't. There were a few in the bar waiting for the auction but it wasn't held, and I think someone said they would go on ebay?

No they weren't. There were a few in the bar waiting for the auction but it wasn't held, and I think someone said they would go on ebay?

Thank you will keep eye on ebay then

Can anyone advise me whether there are still programmes available from the meeting. I wasnt able to go but would like a copy of the programme. Can't see any link on the Poole website or ebay. Thanks

Hi Bomber Fan

Drop me a private note and I can arrange that for you.

All the best

Nij

Was this meeting filmed?

ReRun I believe filmed it. Their ad in the programme says £12 + £2 P&P.

Edited by Scott0311

A selection of Mark's Race Jackets are now on sale on E-Bay

Search for Mark Loram Farewell - All genuine "race worn" and signed by Mark and each of the riders who wore them.

SOLD ON MARK'S BEHALF AND ALL OF THE PROCEEDS GOING TO HIS FAREWELL FUND.

Thanks for looking

MMX