British Speedway Forum

Not much interest in tomorrow's meeting I take it? Or have I missed the thread?

Hope Auty can win the title but I know he isn't keen on the Lakeside track, hopefully he will come out on top though!

Agreed - not much interest at all.

May pop along for this later if i'm in the mood.

Could be another title for Tai! :lol:

May pop along for this later if i'm in the mood.

Hmm, should I make a comment about how this shows what your commitment is to the U-21 scene...?!

Er, no: coz unlike Snow White and yourself, I've NOT feeling grumpy!! :cheers:

LAKESIDE HAMMERS SPEEDWAY PRESS RELEASE

Friday 15th April 2011

YOUNG HAMMERS AIM TO BANISH THE BLUES

Lakeside Hammers fans will look to rising stars Jerran Hart, Shane Hazelden and Marc Owen to banish the blues after a week to forget for the senior team on its travels.

All three line up at the Raceway for tonight’s British Under 21 Final with Hart in particular favoured to press for a rostrum position.

The Hammers Co Promoter Jon Cook commented: "This is the final time that we will stage the event and it’s apt that we do so with three of our own assets in the line up. I hope that all Hammers fans will turn out and show their support for the boys"

Tonight’s British U-21 Final will start at the slightly earlier time of 7.45 pm and despite there being a total of 22 heats of Speedway the admission prices have be kept at the Lakeside Hammers normal prices with the exception of adults, who will see their admission price drop by £1 from the usual £16 to £15. A special souvenir full colour programme will be available at £4. There are large free parking areas at the Raceway either side of their approach road. The pay booths will open at 6.15pm and tickets will be available on the night.

Edited by Bryn

Hmm, should I make a comment about how this shows what your commitment is to the U-21 scene...?!

Er, no: coz unlike Snow White and yourself, I've NOT feeling grumpy!! :cheers:

No doubt YOU will be there supporting the Hackney Hawks riders, they are Marc Owen and Shane Hazelden in case your not sure. :party:

Don't forget, Lakeside is almost in London :rolleyes:

Edited by BossMan

5.10pm NO weather problems so far and NONE anticipated from hereon in.

Still need a texter....anyone?

What a good night for Scunny.....The final 4 riders being past or present Scorpions.....Well done to all, especially Steve Worrall...who is relatively new to the sport.....A good advert for Scunny's youth policy. :D .....Hope Josh and other riders who fell are OK.

What a good night for Scunny.....The final 4 riders being past or present Scorpions.....Well done to all, especially Steve Worrall...who is relatively new to the sport.....A good advert for Scunny's youth policy. :D .....Hope Josh and other riders who fell are OK.

Awesome performance from Steve. :approve:

And well done to Joe :)

Edited by shirlmeister general

Aplogies for the scant information on the live updates website last night.Sue called me at 7.45pm to ask,almost beg me to text any info.

I was texting Steven the details by helmet colour only,ie: RBWY 60.0.It was only after 8 hts that a friend of mine called and told me the scorers. At that point,it became apparent that the heat details given to Steven were incorrect.After several phone calls we managed to rectify the situation.Apologies for that,but it wasnt either of our faults.

Steve Worrall will ride in the Ukraine qualifier at Chervonograd,which is on 15th MAY,not this weekend!

Auty somehow managed to walk back to the pits after his fall in the final,and they also wheleed his bike back as well! Quite astonishing in itself.

Not a bad meeting at all,it got better as it went on.

In all the confusion,I somehow lost a bag,so Im not too happy today.I will be going to Herxheim on Sunday,to support the Brits in their qualifier.Best of luck to Joe Haines,Jerran Hart,Kyle Newman and Josh Auty,

NO,I will not be texting from there! I will do a report upon my return.

Many thanks to Steven,who must wondered what had hit him last night! I understand he was also doing the updates for the Emil Kramer meeting.Well done mate.

As Bob says the meeting did warm up as it went on. In the early heats there was little action to report. Basically Auty won all of his first three races from the back (will he ever learn to gate) and that was about it. Woffy won all his races by a full straight (he didn't race against anyone above PL reserve standard until heat 18!).

As the end of the qualifying heats approached racing improved. Highlight was Ht 16 when Jason Garrity went from last to first, but Ht 17 (Ashley Morris third coming off the final bend, but ends in a photo finish for first) and ht 20 (Jamie Pickard beats Kyle Howarth from the back after a hard fought race) are also worth a mention.

Crowd a bit thin, meeting a bit long (10.28pm finish)

Woffy - no competition (In 1990 the top 3 was: Screen, Loram Louis)

Worrall - very mature display given his experience, very steady

Haines - made to look better than he was due to the standard of the field (lost to Starke, Garrity and headed by Owen for a lap)

Auty - deserved to be runner-up

Howarth - looked good (was 3rd when he fell in semi)

Garrity - entertaining, improved as the night wore on, fell on 1st bend in semi after a good gate

Starke - looked very confident coming out of the bends on the wide outside (not an easy thing to do at Arena), excellent second bend in ht 9 to wizz past Haines

Morris - would have been in semis had he got the verdict in ht 17

Hart - EF on line in opening heat and a fall in ht 9 messed up his night. Still could of reached the semis if he'd got the best of the 3-way battle in ht 17

Owen - very lively, a fall in ht4 when leading Haines cost him a semi spot

Bob C - worked overtime to rescue the updates - hero of the night

Bob was most certainly my hero!

Bob was most certainly my hero!

As Sue will testify, I would have helped out last night as a very, very VERY last result BUT for a couple of things - firstly those who know me that my mitts are mangled thanks to the effects of severe arthritis and texting is really a no go for me and I would have to phone through results as and when I could but that would have been something of a no go as I'm currently full of cold complete with streaming schnozzle and sore throat! In fact I felt worse that death warmed up yesterday and am only marginally better today! :rolleyes:

So Bob was MY hero too! :wink:

Edited by Bryn

Auty somehow managed to walk back to the pits after his fall in the final,

Mercifully.

and they also wheleed his bike back as well! Quite astonishing in itself.

True, although I don't recall the front wheel being as close to the engine when the race started!

Well done to all competitors for their efforts on the night. Not much to add to arnieg's summary other than to suggest that he is a little harsh on Haines, who is clearly feeling his way back after the massive winter smash and hasn't had enough meetings to get back to race fitness. I don't know many he's done: Certainly two guest appearances for Rye House, two matches for Newport and not much else, I suspect.

This meeting did get better as the night went on with some cracking racing towards the end. I guess the riders had got used to what is not the easiest of places to get around by the latter heats.

What was very disappointing was the extremely small crowd that attended. Despite all the waffle I have read on this forum about the sport not supporting young British talent and something should be done about it; it is clear that the great British speedway following public don't care about youth either. If there was 500 people in attendance I have probably exaggerated the figure by 40%!

This was a British Final with a worthy winner and on balance a reasonable evening entertainment; it really did deserve more support.