Rye House Rider 2011

Sidecars

::::::::::::

Darrin Treloar & Mark Plaisted - Australia

MNZ Short Track Champions 2001

Australian Long Track Champion

5 times Australain sidecar Champions

World Champion 2008

Jesper Krisiansens write up is a bit hyped imo.Junior Champ is not U21....and Danish National squad member?Guess that is meaning he rode for the Danish U21's a few times :)

Big crowd at Ronnie Moore park for the first round in beautiful weather. $15 47 races (solos and sidecars) in just over 3 hours. Value for money.

The World team beat NZ 24-12 but the Kiwis fell three times while in scoring position which would have made it 20-16. Grant Tregoning scored 8 from three rides losing only narrowly to the swede in the first race. He comfortably beat Nermark, Hawkins and the Dane in the rider of the night final. He looked like he might do justice to an assessed 5.00 average in the Premier League? Dale Finch was on the pace and hopefully he will improve over the series. Baugh was a shadow of previous seasons.

Best racing was in the 250cc races. Bradley Andrews looked like one for the future. He only turned 12 in November but was fast and could overtake inside or out when he didn't make the gate. He looked very balanced on the bike. He also has good genes as his grandfather is Bob Andrews of Wimbledon and Cradley Heath fame.

Ruapuna tomorrow night on the big 400m track. A real throw back to the sixties and seventies. I wonder what type of track surface they'll serve up? It is an all Solo and Sidecar meeting so hopefully it will be prepared to suit. There are over 20 sidecar outfits coming for the South Island Championship so I'm looking forward to it. I've been to three meetings in the last 5 years and I'm going to two in two nights!!

Nermark, Hawkins, Kristiansen and Courtney isn't quite Olsen, Mauger Louis, Michenek, Plech etc but I hope they get a big crowd. They used to have to close the doors in the seventies when the Mauger Troupe came.

Good to see Grant doing well. I always thought he would be better at PL level than most people thought.

The World team beat NZ 24-12 but the Kiwis fell three times while in scoring position which would have made it 20-16. Grant Tregoning scored 8 from three rides losing only narrowly to the swede in the first race. He comfortably beat Nermark, Hawkins and the Dane in the rider of the night final. He looked like he might do justice to an assessed 5.00 average in the Premier League? Dale Finch was on the pace and hopefully he will improve over the series. Baugh was a shadow of previous seasons.

The NZ team would have scored more if Andy Aldridge had been in the team. Moore Park is Andy A's home track and he goes well there. He would have been more on the pace than Baugh.

The NZ team would have scored more if Andy Aldridge had been in the team. Moore Park is Andy A's home track and he goes well there. He would have been more on the pace than Baugh.

He would certainly have been better than either Bargh or Mason as NZ were a two man team. Andrew won the supporting class with times that were equivalent to the main event. The World Team certainly weren't unbeatable and Courtney was awful in his first two rides. If the format is the same at Ruapuna tonight Aldridge might get a place in the NZ team?

Edited by hawkeyenz

I'll put the full race results and some info on some of the races on here when I get the time... Was certainly a good meeting, and yes Andy Aldridge would have done better in the NZ team, but as with most speedway there are some politics behind it as well as cost......

Different format at Ruapuna. Individual with 12 riders. Shared top billing with SI Sidecar Championship. Bigger crowd than they were expecting. Programmes sold out well before the off. Ruapuna is 400m, four laps in 70-71 seconds, very wide and banked on the corners but if you moved higher than half track you lost 10 lengths.

They ran heats with three rides each. Top scorer straight through to the final. Suprisingly this was kiwi Sean Mason. They then had two semis won by Nermark and Courtney progressing to the final. Then a last chance saloon for the last place in the final. Best race of the night Dale Finch chasing Ritchie Hawkins for the entire race before ripping round him on the last corner to get up on the line.

Nermark must have been sleeping with the person doing the gate draws as he got gate 1 in all but one race and gated in the final but Finch gave chase and was looking menacing when he fell trying the same outside pass he beat Hawkins with.

Nermark gated well but didn't do anything when behind. Kristanson was awful and looked like a novice. Hawkins tried hard throughout. Courtney stayed where he gated and wasn't interested once he was behind.

For the Kiwis Mason, gated well early on and was fast in front, Tregoning had a heavy first bend fall in his first race and struggled with the injury he sustained in later races, Knowles won a race and the internationals couldn't pass him. Aldridge was always in the mix looking fast when in front.

If there are any British Promoters out there who are looking for a racer that never knows when they are beaten and has quite some talent give Dale Finch a call. He is the current U21 champion (and last year) and his family are fundraising so that he can compete in the U21 Qualifying in Europe later in the year. He was outstanding at 17 but had a big crash and broke his back in three places. He's been back a couple of seasons now and he was matching Nermark and Hawkins by the end of the meeting. He isn't the best gater but you'd never accuse him of not trying when behind!! Talk to Ivan Mauger about him.

The sidecars were good value especially the three race final. I think the person that decided to have a six outfit final was an idiot as six sidecars arriving at the first bend together was carnage. Two big crashes and we were down to four who really put on a show in the rerun and the remaining two races. The eventual winners from Nelson came from last to first in the third heat to clinch the title by a point.

47 races all over by 10.45 even though the ambulance had to come out four or five times. Fortunately no-one seriously injured.

You can get more info on the series on Facebook. Search for Elf International and they seem to be putting the results on their wall.

You can get more info on the series on Facebook. Search for Elf International and they seem to be putting the results on their wall.

There is no results till now. Anyone can put the results of Elf Series here? I want to write about all competition to polish portal www.nicesport.pl

Anybody can help me?

There is no results till now. Anyone can put the results of Elf Series here? I want to write about all competition to polish portal www.nicesport.pl

Anybody can help me?

Go to the Facebook page and you will be in the INFO Tab, click on the WALL Tab and the results are there.

Go to the Facebook page and you will be in the INFO Tab, click on the WALL Tab and the results are there.

Thx. I found.

Hope to see all results in the same place in the future... and a little description on forum.

Best racing was in the 250cc races. Bradley Andrews looked like one for the future. He only turned 12 in November but was fast and could overtake inside or out when he didn't make the gate. He looked very balanced on the bike. He also has good genes as his grandfather is Bob Andrews of Wimbledon and Cradley Heath fame.

Edited by kiwi

Ruapuna Meeting Jan 8

Ht 1. Daniel Nermark (Sweden) 1, Grant Tregoning 2, Ritchie Hawkins (Eng) 3.

Ht 2. Sean Mason (Auck) 1, James Courtney (Eng) 2, Anthony Knowles 3.

Ht 3. Andrew Aldridge 1, Dale Finch 2, Adam Wilson 3.

Ht 4. Mason 1, Nermark 2, Finch 3.

Ht 5. Hawkins 1, Knowles 2, Andrew Bargh 3.

Ht 6. Aldridge 1, Courtney 2, Jasper Kristiansen (Denmark) 3.

Ht 7. Nermark 1, Bargh 2, Wilson 3,

Ht 8. Knowles Mason 2, Kristiansen 3.

Ht 9. Courtney 1, Finch 2, Aldridge 3.

Qualifying Points: Mason 8, Nermark 8, Aldridge 7, Courtney 7, Knowles 6, Finch 5, Hawkins 4, Bargh 3, Tregoning 2, Kristiansen, Wilson 2, Sharp 0.

Semi Final. Nermark 1, Finch 2, Aldridge 3.

Semi Final. Courtney 1, Hawkins 2, Tregoning 3.

Last Chance Qualifier. Finch 1, Hawkins 2, Aldridge 3.

Final. Nermark 1, Mason 2, Courtney 3.