British Speedway Forum
gypilgrim

Sheffield & Scunthorpe Nl Team

Well scunny have over 12 points to play with so I dont see why Cooper couldnt fit?? he has a PL average of 5.12 (from the BSPA greensheets). I dont know how much it costs to have a PL rider at NL level racing, I really hope that Scunny can afford him if they want him & Cooper wants to do NL racing for a season as well. I think Rob was saying an announcement was to be made shortly, I'm keeping everything crossed :)

Do the 2.5% British reductions still count, if so Paul average is 4.99.

My understanding is that 4.00 is the upper PL average limit for a rider to compete in the National League. Is that not right? I thought that was why Charles Wright couldn't ride for Buxton last season and why Lee Smart can't ride for Dudley this season. Hence, excluding Paul Cooper from dropping down?

My understanding is that 4.00 is the upper PL average limit for a rider to compete in the National League. Is that not right? I thought that was why Charles Wright couldn't ride for Buxton last season and why Lee Smart can't ride for Dudley this season. Hence, excluding Paul Cooper from dropping down?

Thanks for clearing that up for me Heathen, I am not that well up on the National League rulings.

The 4.00 Pl average limit is just for riders who are doubling up between the leagues. At the moment with not having a premier league spot that makes him eligable. not sure what happens if he started the season and then took a spot but think he would then have to only race in one. He would be ideal for the team has experience and will especially be helpfull for the home matches away at sheffield :rolleyes:

Whether Paul becomes the number one or not remains to be seen, I think we need to remember the horrific injuries he sustained last year. It could take a while for Paul to get back to his best. I think any rider, particularly young brits, who's suffered career threatening injuries should at least be allowed the opportunity to regain confidence by riding in the National League....regardless of averages.

Edited by Albert

The 4.00 Pl average limit is just for riders who are doubling up between the leagues. At the moment with not having a premier league spot that makes him eligable. not sure what happens if he started the season and then took a spot but think he would then have to only race in one. He would be ideal for the team has experience and will especially be helpfull for the home matches away at sheffield :rolleyes:

That's my understanding unless they have amended it to prevent anyone with a 4+ pl ave from riding at nl level.

Any takers on Andre?

Edited by shirlmeister general

Coops has already been at least twice to Scunny since his accident practicing so it sounds like a man who wants to ride. Apparently he was a bit tentative first time but flying the second? I wasn't there, just what Ive read on here. Anyway I guess we will find out shortly who the last man is :)

cooperman was flying last sunday .. he looked like he was having fun B) .. to be fair on his 1st visit most riders struggled to turn there bikes ... even mr crump was finding it difficult to string 4 laps together

i hope paul is in the scunny ( scunfield ... shefforpe ) team .. he's a cracking lad ,, out and out racer and knows how to communicate with younger / less experienced riders , and is great with the fans

Jotun paints manufacturing plant is about 8 windmill lengths from the EWR as the crow flies. :approve:

Do crows manage to fly around there...: thought the travellers might shoot 'em down for their dinner!!?? :D

And :D :D :D. Great for the NL. Scunny/Sheffield got to be clear favourites now IMO.

Faaaaaaantastic news. :D:D:D:D

Great News, should prove to be an excellent number 1 and leader of the team.