British Speedway Forum
gypilgrim

Sheffield & Scunthorpe Nl Team

Woo hoo !! Just been informed I've got to go back to sea on March 7th :( so this news has made my day, absolutely fabulous, cant wait to see him fly round the EWR when I get back.

Ah well that clears that up! I take it that Cooper's confirmation means that he comes in on double is PL average (after the Brit reduction) so thats about 10.00, but should he take a PL spot at any point (like Charles Wright last season) that he would become ineligble?

Anyway, depending on recovery, I think that makes him the best rider in the NL on paper, with plenty of young improvers below him in the Scunfield/Sheffthorpe team.

Very much look forward to seeing him ride at this level.

Excellent signing :approve: So glad that Coops has got a team place with Sheffield/Scunthrope and should be the top rider in the National league if he comes back from his injury.

I wonder when the fixtures will be released :unsure: I really can't wait to see what teams will be coming to Owlerton, hopefully we can have Stoke,Belle Vue,Kings Lynn and Buxton :P

And :D :D :D. Great for the NL. Scunny/Sheffield got to be clear favourites now IMO.

Yyyeeehhh!!!! Great stuff!!

Excellent signing :approve: So glad that Coops has got a team place with Sheffield/Scunthrope and should be the top rider in the National league if he comes back from his injury.

I wonder when the fixtures will be released :unsure: I really can't wait to see what teams will be coming to Owlerton, hopefully we can have Stoke,Belle Vue,Kings Lynn and Buxton :P

Spinny you can have Hackney,Isle of Wight, Newport and Kings Lynn :wink:

Great news, Cooperman is a superb team man and will be good for the younger riders to have around. Of course if he can come back from his injuries ok he should get plenty of points in too. Would have hated to see him without a team place.

Also good for the Sheffield fans who will be taking in these meetings, of course Ashley will be in the team but Coops is such a favourite at Sheffield, they will both add a lot of interest.

Edited by tigerblues

fantastic!! a great edition to the team. and now with Cooperman leading the lads the Sheffield fans should be really up for showing their support home and away.

think i will make the trips also to the EDW to go see Birks and Cooper ride. roll on march

Scunny/Sheffield got to be clear favourites now IMO.

Not in my opinion. I can't see enough back-up on a week-in and week-out basis.

Ah well that clears that up! I take it that Cooper's confirmation means that he comes in on double is PL average (after the Brit reduction) so thats about 10.00, but should he take a PL spot at any point (like Charles Wright last season) that he would become ineligble?

Correct.

17.4.7.2 No PL Rider with a PL CMA of 4.00 and above may ride additionally in a NL Team.

Anyway, depending on recovery, I think that makes him the best rider in the NL on paper...

Really? I think there's a good chance he could end up about 4th in the league averages (behind Kurtz, Herne and Roynon perhaps even Lambert).

He's a class addition to the NL though, and I look forward to seeing him ride at this level. Great signing. :approve:

fantastic!! a great edition to the team. and now with Cooperman leading the lads the Sheffield fans should be really up for showing their support home and away.

think i will make the trips also to the EDW to go see Birks and Cooper ride. roll on march

Fantastic signing but just remember this team has evolved to win the the league not put together to win the league :lol:

Not in my opinion. I can't see enough back-up on a week-in and week-out basis.

IMO i would make them clear favourtites but not by much, id put the Heathens, BV, KL & Stoke all joint second favourites.

My reasons are

1. Of all the young riders that visited QM last year (outside of morris, branford & garrity) they impressed me the most, and there averages are not inflated by huge home wins & HTA.

2.They now have Cooper as an out & out number 1 who will ave 9+,

3.Increased HTA-Owlerton is a tough track & most visiting riders struggle especially on 1st visits.

4.All the top teams of last year are weaker than last year.

5.And Scunny's riders probably have been practising the most out of all NL riders over the winter.

6.I think home form will be vital dont see many away wins this year, so winning home matches by big points & picking up points away for losing by <6 could be vital. I think as an overall side they are going to be the best at doing that.

17.4.7.2 No PL Rider with a PL CMA of 4.00 and above may ride additionally in a NL Team.

Yes that was last year's rule but for this season it is increased to under 5.00 as I was told.

Malcolm Vasey

Thanks for clearing the rule change Malcolm.

My opinion is that the Worral brothers, Irvine & Birks will all put 2 points on the there average. That would be enough to take the league if the others maintained there average. Anyways will be a competitve team if nothing else & should be good racing at the EWR yet again :)

Sorry I should have highlighted that the bit I was referring to was where it says "additionally". He's okay to ride NL only as it's not additional to PL this coming season, which confirms the post I was replying to. :)

Yes that was last year's rule but for this season it is increased to under 5.00 as I was told.

Malcolm Vasey

Interesting. Would that allow any/all of Nick Morris, Jerran Hart and Kyle Hughes to be eligible?

Also, bit of a discrepancy about Paul Cooper's average. Current BSPA site line-up goes with the anticipated doubling of his 4.99 PL average; however the Scunthorpe article in SStar suggests considerably lower. Either way, the Saints have plenty of room for manouevre!

Steve i believe Jayne has answered elsewhere, that ANY PL rider without a current team and whose average is under 6.00 may ride for a NL Team, but once he signs and rides for a PL Team he is inelegible for the NL.