British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

Belle Vue Colts Team

Best of luck to Karl Mason :) such a great bloke and very approachable, shakes my hand everytime I see him! Wishing him an injury free season as he has had a few fair over the last few seasons

Yes, Jason at reserve is the "Ace" in the Pack so to speak, and i was of the opinion whichever Team had Jason at reserve for the begining of the season would have one heck of an advantage at seasons start.

It's an advantage, no doubt about it. How much of an advantage will only really become clear when the fixtures are released so we can see when and where the Colts are racing, and after the first few meetings so we can see what sort of form the rest start in.

That's because I've only just added it. :)

They needed typing up really as they were sent to us as a scanned pdf, but I've displayed it as a jpg to give you guys something to work from for now.

And from a 1970s typewriter by the look of it! Tell me all the official National League averages are not being worked out by hand somewhere :(

Anyway, I like the look of the Belle Vue team, but I don't think its a title winner. No outright number one, I think Bekker will usually be beaten by the likes of Herne, Roynon, Lambert, etc. However, it's a strong balanced top three. Middle order looks like a weakness to me, but then Garrity clearly better than his reserve starting average - if he stays injury-free.

Looking back at last season Bekker beat all the #1's in the league so i reckon that if he keeps his form up to his injury last season he should be up there. Looking for a good season for Scotty Richardson.

Anyway, I like the look of the Belle Vue team, but I don't think its a title winner. No outright number one, I think Bekker will usually be beaten by the likes of Herne, Roynon, Lambert, etc. However, it's a strong balanced top three. Middle order looks like a weakness to me, but then Garrity clearly better than his reserve starting average - if he stays injury-free.

Garrity will get 9+ this year, so he'll be the number 1 they need. It means that all season long they'll have an amazing reserve.

And in the recent history of the NL, 2010 Title winners Buxton had Jason Garrity,sometimes Morris at reserve, 2009 Title winners Bournemouth Had Jerran Hart at reserve, 2011 Title winners ?? who have named there reserves so far ?? Newport,Gough and Andrews both 3 pointers,S&S Richie Worrall and Nielsen 3 pointers,Hackney have Freemantle and Hazelden,Kings Lynn have Stokes and Blackbird, again both 3 pointers, Belle Vue Widman and Garrity, now whilst i cannot predict who will win the League as yet, from the Teams who have named there full Squad Belle Vue have 1 reserve who stands out above the rest, and whilst i dont agree with SCB that Garrity will achieve 9+ in 2011, he has the ability to beat anyone in this League, Herne,Roynon,Kurtz,Lambert etc,etc probably he has already beat them at some stage, can we say the same of other reserves in the NL ?? i very much doubt that.

Garrity will get 9+ this year, so he'll be the number 1 they need. It means that all season long they'll have an amazing reserve.

No chance. He'll average an exclusion in every four rides and there's no way he'll score maximum points from the three in every four rides. ;)

Jokes aside, it would be unprecedented for a rider to go from 5-point reserve to 9+ number 1 the following season (which would put him in the Simon Lambert bracket). I just can't see that level of improvement. He has the beating of anyone in a one-off race, but you're talking about banging in big double-figure scores home and away week after week.

No chance. He'll average an exclusion in every four rides and there's no way he'll score maximum points from the three in every four rides. ;)

Jokes aside, it would be unprecedented for a rider to go from 5-point reserve to 9+ number 1 the following season (which would put him in the Simon Lambert bracket). I just can't see that level of improvement. He has the beating of anyone in a one-off race, but you're talking about banging in big double-figure scores home and away week after week.

At NL level? It's not really that odd. You tend to find you get the odd rider does it from time to time. Todd Kurtz got 9 from nowhere. A few years back Nicki Glanz went from 4 with Newport to best part of 9 with Plymouth. While I'd agree it close to impossible in the EL, not very little in the PL, every now and again someone at NL level does it.

Probally one of the best ( and wildest :rolleyes: ) reserves in this league with Garrity . Should ??? he improve his average and with the likes of Scotty and Karl all on around the same average could still end up with a very big scoring reserve.Fancy Howarth Bekker and Mckinna to hold their positions in the main body.

Craig Cook went from an unknown 3 pointer to a 9+ number 1 in the same season, winning the NLRC along the way in 2009 :lol:

Garrity reminds me a lot of Ryan Fisher in his style, the lads clearly got balls, he can certainly be a top liner in the NL in 2011 and pushing for a PL spot somewhere.

I agree i think without question an injury free Garrity will be the rider who makes the biggest improvement this year.

I think its going to be tight & very competitive at the top end this year. I think we might have a four or five way battle for top spot this year.

Jason Garrity is the most entertaining rider i have seen at this level..Unfortunatly he is somewhat wild and will probably drop more points than he gains from this style and i feel his average at the end of the season will reflect this. He is however a great prospect and when the aggression becomes more controlled he will rapidly make a higher level..Cant wait to see him in action again He is the type of rider that excites the crowd who ever you support..

Chris Morton has shown a lot of interest in this young lad, if he spends time with him it should iron out a few of the rougth edges and make him a much improved rider.

At NL level? It's not really that odd. You tend to find you get the odd rider does it from time to time. Todd Kurtz got 9 from nowhere. A few years back Nicki Glanz went from 4 with Newport to best part of 9 with Plymouth. While I'd agree it close to impossible in the EL, not very little in the PL, every now and again someone at NL level does it.

Craig Cook went from an unknown 3 pointer to a 9+ number 1 in the same season, winning the NLRC along the way in 2009 :lol:

Okay, so there are exceptions to every rule. :wink: And anyone that knows me knows I'll happily :P hold my hands up and admit to being wrong if he averages 9+ and becomes a number 1 this season.