British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vicar

Old Silencers In Poland!

Today in Warsaw was meeting with heads of polish motorcycle federation (PZM), heads of polish speedway clubs, and some riders (Kołodziej, Hampel, Gollob). Finally PZM announced in Polish league in 2011 riders will be riding on old silencers! Polish riders are also forbidden to ride in foreign leagues where new silencers are obligatory.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=pl&ie=UTF-8&sl=pl&tl=en&u=http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/2011/03/17/po-okraglym-stole-w-polskiej-lidze-na-starych-tlumikach/&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhgnKSg78K8AATQmnspq5D-_57aHSA

Whats next? Time for other countries?

Today in Warsaw was meeting with heads of polish motorcycle federation (PZM), heads of polish speedway clubs, and some riders (Kołodziej, Hampel, Gollob). Finally PZM announced in Polish league in 2011 riders will be riding on old silencers! Polish riders are also forbidden to ride in foreign leagues where new silencers are obligatory.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=pl&ie=UTF-8&sl=pl&tl=en&u=http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/2011/03/17/po-okraglym-stole-w-polskiej-lidze-na-starych-tlumikach/&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhgnKSg78K8AATQmnspq5D-_57aHSA

Whats next? Time for other countries?

So what are the Polish riders going to do in FIM events, such as SGP and SWC where these silencers are compulsory ?

So what are the Polish riders going to do in FIM events, such as SGP and SWC where these silencers are compulsory ?

I bet this is going to change as well.

Polish riders are also forbidden to ride in foreign leagues where new silencers are obligatory.

Does thism ean no Polish riders in teh British Leagues this year???? What next??? :blink:

The world's gone mad! :(

Does thism ean no Polish riders in teh British Leagues this year???? What next??? :blink:

The world's gone mad! :(

No Poles in the Swedish league either, at the moment. But I hope that's just temporary ;)

Edited by Mateusz

I bet this is going to change as well.

Doubt it very much Mateusz. As I understand it the riders have all signed up for the 2011 SGP series using the rules as laid down by the FIM, which is for new silencers.

No Poles in the Swedish league either, at the moment. But I hope that's just temporary ;)

Not sure that the Swedes will go back to the old silencers. They have recently lost one club over noise issues, Bysarna (Gotland) and there are others under threat because of noise is my understanding

Not sure that the Swedes will go back to the old silencers. They have recently lost one club over noise issues, Bysarna (Gotland) and there are others under threat because of noise is my understanding

Given the amount of Poles they rely on in their leagues they might not have much choice.

This is one of the reasons for the new silencers, both in Sweden and Great Britain, the sport is at threat of closure, due to the noise levels. Just because Poland/Polish authorities deem them not needed, doesn't mean the rest of the world will follow. If the PZM now ban Polish riders from riding in meetings that use the new silencers, then will this have some riders turning their back on the PZM, so they can ride in the GP's??

Given the amount of Poles they rely on in their leagues they might not have much choice.

Nonsense, if it means either running the sport in Sweden minus the Polish riders, or have no sport of speedway at all, then its bye bye Poles in Sweden. No Country or Leagues should be held to ransom by another Countries authority!

Edited by pcnorwood

Nonsense, if it means either running the sport in Sweden minus the Polish riders, or have no sport of speedway at all, then its bye bye Poles in Sweden. No Country or Leagues should be held to ransom by another Countries authority!

True, but they did last year. Riders threatened to pull out of the SWC and they gave in to that.

Currently Poland has the best riders (world's no. 1, 2 and 4), the best team, 3 GP tournaments (+ Gorzow SWC) which provide A LOT of money to BSI and last but not least the best league where riders earn most of their money (you can't really compare the money they get in Poland to Sweden or UK).

This may sound a bit imperialistic, but I think we are allowed to dictate certain regulations in world's speedway - especially when none seems to have balls to say NO to the dangerous crap that the new silencers are.

Edited by Mateusz

the best league where riders earn most of their money

If they get paid.......

This may sound a bit imperialistic, but I think we are allowed to dictate certain regulations in world's speedway - especially when none seems to have balls to say NO to the dangerous crap that the new silencers are.

Yet to be proven they are dangerous, the fact they don't suit the large typical polish tracks maybe a better way to describe the issue.

Currently Poland has the best riders (world's no. 1, 2 and 4), the best team, 3 GP tournaments (+ Gorzow SWC) which provide A LOT of money to BSI and last but not least the best league where riders earn most of their money (you can't really compare the money they get in Poland to Sweden or UK).

Mateusz, we want common sense to prevail here not the attitude of "we pay the most money, so we should be the ones to rule speedway". I always get the impression from the PZM, that they wouldn't care if the whole speedway world outside of Poland fell to its knees and died, so long as they had the best in the world riding in Poland and nowhere else.

If they get paid.......

Yeah. And they get.

Yet to be proven they are dangerous, the fact they don't suit the large typical polish tracks maybe a better way to describe the issue.

As far as I know (basing on many riders' opinions read on the internet), it's not about the track length but whether a track is slick or grippy. If it's slick, engines do not need so much power and the new silencers are not that bad in such conditions. If a track is grippy though, the new silencers suck completely. And it's not only the opinion of some Polish riders who you might heard of, like Gollob and Hampel, but of many others as well.

Mateusz, we want common sense to prevail here not the attitude of "we pay the most money, so we should be the ones to rule speedway". I always get the impression from the PZM, that they wouldn't care if the whole speedway world outside of Poland fell to its knees and died, so long as they had the best in the world riding in Poland and nowhere else.

Well, if someone has a problem with the noise in speedway, maybe it's time to give up all motor sports in their country (superbikes, formula 1, rally) and focus on more environmental friendly sport like bridge, snooker and chess?

Seriously though, if someone wants speedway that sounds like lawnmower racing in their country then it's not my problem. But they have to design silencers that have the same specification as the current ones - except the noise level, of course. The silencers that don't cut the power and that don't make engines explode. Then we may have proper speedway in Poland and lawnmower racing in UK and Sweden.

Edited by Mateusz