British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Polish Extraleague 1st Round Sunday 3rd April

The long wait is nearly over ! Looks as if there is a bonus match to enjoy on Sunday with an internet showing at

2pm(uk time) of Gdansk v Gniezno from div 1 followed by

3pm (uk time) Rzeszow v Gorzow followed by

5.30pm (uk time) Zielona Gora v Torun

With the foreign rights to the Extraleague having been purchased by a british company i think it would be prudent not to show the links on this public forum-as last season there were several suspect posts from 1st time posters asking where they could watch the GP`s on the internet for free.What do others think ? hopefully everyone who watched last season knows where to look.

From Saturday line ups should be available from http://live.sportowefakty.pl/ekstraliga.htm just click on one of the teams.

Edited by racers and royals

The long wait is nearly over ! Looks as if there is a bonus match to enjoy on Sunday with an internet showing at

2pm(uk time) of Gdansk v Gniezno from div 1 followed by

3pm (uk time) Rzeszow v Gorzow followed by

5.30pm (uk time) Zielona Gora v Torun

With the foreign rights to the Extraleague having been purchased by a british company i think it would be prudent not to show the links on this public forum-as last season there were several suspect posts from 1st time posters asking where they could watch the GP`s on the internet for free.What do others think ? hopefully everyone who watched last season knows where to look.

Welcome back, my friend. I think most of "the faithful" know where to go. I'm looking forward immensely to Sunday and the ROAR of the silencers!!!! Kindest regards. Alan Haycock.

Rzeszow is riding without Richardson (banned for one meeting) and most likely Fisher (upset with Rzeszow promoter). Looks like it is going to be easy win for Gollob's team.

Rzeszow is riding without Richardson (banned for one meeting) and most likely Fisher (upset with Rzeszow promoter). Looks like it is going to be easy win for Gollob's team.

Richardson banned for one meeting after some fisticuffs with Pawel Miesiac of Daugavpils in the last meeting of 2010. As for "The Fish" it seemed he was heading to a Liga I club this season, but Rzeszow wouldn't let him go. Can it really be that Fisher didn't realise hed signed with the Cranes for two seasons? Elsewhere, Torun will be without Holta, who is also banned for one meeting.

Welcome back, my friend. I think most of "the faithful" know where to go. I'm looking forward immensely to Sunday and the ROAR of the silencers!!!! Kindest regards. Alan Haycock.

It will be breakfast and watching speedway at the same time for you in USA Alan ?

It will be breakfast and watching speedway at the same time for you in USA Alan ?

We are 5 hours behind you here in Pennsylvania, so it will be post breakfast coffee here. I hope you had a good winter.I see your "Royals" are just outside a playoff spot, but with a game in hand. Whereas the least said about the SkyBlues the better, i guess!!! And i ain't saying nowt about what's gone on this winter on the Coventry shale front. I look forward to joining you and the other fans of the noisiest league in speedway!!!!( and the best!) Kindest regards. Alan.

Should be a great season in the Ekstraliga. But no "Holy War" derbies between Bromberg and Thun after the relegation of Polonia. The elevation of Rzeszow means, however, that there'll be derby clashes between the Swallows and the Cranes, as well as the usual derbies between Zielona Gora and Gorzow. And looking at the squads, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that the season could end with a derby clash between Falubaz and Gorzow, although reigning champions Leszno will have something to say about that. Torun also looking strong, as usual, while at the other end of the spectrum I expect a Crumpless Wroclaw to struggle along with Czestochowa.

Should be a great season in the Ekstraliga. But no "Holy War" derbies between Bromberg and Thun after the relegation of Polonia. The elevation of Rzeszow means, however, that there'll be derby clashes between the Swallows and the Cranes, as well as the usual derbies between Zielona Gora and Gorzow. And looking at the squads, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that the season could end with a derby clash between Falubaz and Gorzow, although reigning champions Leszno will have something to say about that. Torun also looking strong, as usual, while at the other end of the spectrum I expect a Crumpless Wroclaw to struggle along with Czestochowa.

Hi there,

I have been trying to navigate my way around Sportowefakty to come up with the team lineups for this season.Google translate says "Too big to translate" Would it be too much to ask you or Mateusz or some kind soul to post them for us prior to Sunday? Also, any truth to MY rumour that the "intro" music over the opening credits this season will be Simon and Garfunkel singing "The Sounds Of Silence(rs)" and the "outro" will be The Tremeloes with "Silence(rs) Is Golden" ? From a snowy USA, roll on Sunday. Best wishes to all. Alan.

Would it be too much to ask you or Mateusz or some kind soul to post them for us prior to Sunday?

The 2011 EkstraLiga is made up of eight team, each consisting 7 riders, out of which at least three must have PZM (Polish) licence and no other.

The top six riders must have accumulated CMA of max. 44 points and no less than 34 pts.

Two GP riders are perimitted for each team Nos 6-7 are reserved for two U-21 riders which also have to have PZM (Polish) licence and no other.

LESZNO

The only, but the most painful loss for the Polish champions, is retirement of a great Australian, Leigh Adams who after spending 15 seasons in Leszno, each of which ended with an excellent average, decided to retire. His lowest CMA of 8.64 - in those 15 years - gave him last season fifth place among the most effective riders in the Polish Extra League. Adam Skornicki who re-joined Leszno is not likely to score as many points as Adams did.

The 2011 Leszno's squad:

Janusz Kolodziej - 10.22, Jaroslaw Hampel - 9.66, Damian Balinski - 8.58, Troy Batchelor - 6.48, Adam Skornicki - 6.05, Jurica Pavlic - 5.28, Slawomir Musielak - 2.50, Tobias Musielak.

In: Adam Skornicki (Poznan).

Out: Leigh Adams (retired), Adam Shields (Wroclaw)).

ZIELONA GORA

Polish League's 2010 champion runners up have been hailed as the kings of the hunt for new faces. In addition to the great Andreas Jonsson they also engaged the National Team coach, Marek Cieslak, as the coach of their team. Another new face in their team is Jonas Davidsson although he may not even be selected for the first team. It will depend on the form of other riders within the squad. Zielona Gora fans had to say, with regret, farewell to long serving Fredrik Lindgren, Niels Iversen, and successful coach Piotr Zyto.

The 2011 Zielona Gora's squad:

Greg Hancock - 8.63, Andreas Jonsson - 8.30, Piotr Protasiewicz - 7.54, Rafal Dobrucki - 7.01, Jonas Davidsson - 6.80, Grzegorz Zengota - 5.60 , Patryk Dudek - 4.36, Kacper Rogowski , Adam Strzelec.

In: Andreas Jonsson (Bydgoszcz), Jonas Davidsson (Czestochowa).

Out: Niels K Iversen

TORUN

Riding speedway ceased to make me happy - said last autumn the legendary Torun's rider, Wieslaw Jagus. The 2010 season was the worst in his career. The Dane, Hans Andersen, also failed last season to impress at Torun, so this year he will look for a better form in Gorzow, alongside his countryman Nicki Pedersen and world champion, Tomasz Gollob. In this situation, the third team in the Polish 2010 season had to reach for reinforcement. Torun's hunt concentrated on Rune Holta, who sometimes can be less predictable than other top stars, but his last season was very good.

The 2011 Torun's squad:

Rune Holta - 8.64, Ryan Sullivan - 8.43, Adrian Miedzinski - 7.29, Chris Holder - 7.04, Michael Jepsen Jensen - 6.67, Matej Kus - 4.10, Kamil Pulczynski, Emil Pulczynski.

In: Rune Holta (Czestochowa), Matej Kus (Gdansk).

Out: Wieslaw Jagus (retirement), Hans Andersen (Gorzow), Darcy Ward (Gdansk).

WROCLAW

There is a tough new season ahead for the fourth team in Polish EkstraLiga 2010. Jason Crump, and coach Mark Cieslak have left for the new pastures. Wroclaw however managed to keep Dane Kenneth Bjerre and an exiciting U-21 great talent, Maciej Janowski. They should be the team leaders for the new season. The other riders are destined to be known as the also run . Adam Shields and Tomasz Jedrzejak, even together, will not be able to replace Jason Crump's scoring power.

The 2011 Wroclaw squad

Kenneth Bjerre - 7.73, Adam Shields - 6.50, Piotr Swiderski - 6.37, Tomasz Jedrzejak - 4.00, Dennis Andersson - 3.65 (Lasse Bjerre), Maciej Janowski - 5.94, Patryk Kociemba Patryk Malitowski.

In: Adam Shields (Leszno), Tomasz Jedrzejak (Tarnow).

Out: Jason Crump (Rzeszow), Leon Madsen (Tarnow).

TARNOW

Last season, Tarnow were sentenced for defeat, and yet they surprised many observers by retaining their EksraLiga status. Tarnow , a team without big stars is to remain as such, although they will certainly be stronger. Extra power to the "Sparrows" will give Swede Fredrik Lindgren and Dane Leon Madsen. Tarnow have built for the new season a team of riders with similar - and what is important - enough skills to retain their place in the EkstraLiga. If they had more power in u-21 riders, they would have a chance to beat the best.

The 2011 Tarnow squad:

Krzysztof Kasprzak - 7.38, Sebastian Ulamek - 7.12, Bjarne Pedersen - 6.64, Martin Vaculik - 6.67, Fredrik Lindgren - 6.54, Leon Madsen - 6.86, Tadeusz Kostro - 2.68, James Jamrog.

In: Fredrik Lindgren (Zielona Gora), Leon Madsen (Wroclaw).

Out: Tomasz Jedrzejak (Wroclaw)

GORZOW

Gorzow, in the last couple of seasons 'forever' the sixth ExtraLiga team, in the 2011 season went (half way) Danish. Nicki Pedersen has been joined by Hans Andersen and Niels Iversen, so half of the team. Both riders after less successful season in Torun and Zielona Gora respectably, decided for a change that often helps in achieving better form. At least that is what Gorzow promotion and also the fans believe in. Club's chairman no longer says silly things so perhaps this is the way to do it. Talk less, and do more. If not this year, then perhaps never.

The 2011 Gorzow squad:

Tomasz Gollob - 10.93, Nicki Pedersen - 9.95, Hans Andersen - 6.76, Niels Iversen - 6.50, Matej Zagar - 6.27, Artur Mroczka - 4.28, Pawel Zmarzlik - 2.50, Bartosz Zmarzlik Lukasz Cyran.

In: Hans Andersen (Torun), Niels Iversen (Zielona Gora), Artur Mroczka(Grudziadz).

Out: David Ruud (Grudziadz), Tomasz Gapinski (Bydgoszcz), Zbigniew Suchecki (Lublin).

CZESTOCHOWA

Although they never appeared in the Polish EkstraLiga, Czestochowa chairman believes that his two new signings, Under-21 years of age Artyom, and his six years older brother Gregor Laguta, are capable of leading the Czestochowa club in the new season. The Laguta brothers are to lead Czestochowa towards something more than the relegation play-offs. But it looks as though Czestochowa together with Wroclaw are destined to be the Red Lantern of the 2011 Polish EkstraLiga

The 2011 Czestochowa squad.

Grigory Laguta - 7.57, Artyom Laguta - 6.63, Daniel Nermark - 6.91, Patrick Hougaard - 6.50, Rafal Szombierski - 6.12 Peter Karlsson - 5.96, , Marcel Kaiser - 2.66, Martin Bubel.

In: Daniel Nermark (Rybnik), Grigory Laguta (Daugavpils), Artyom Laguta (Daugavpils), Patrick Hougaard (Tarnow), Marcel Kaiser (Ostrow).

Out: Rune Holta (Torun), Jonas Davidsson (Zielona Gora), Lewis Bridger (Gniezno), Boris Miturski (Krosno).

RZESZOW

Mrs. Marta Poltorak, the Rzeszow chairperson has left most of her team which last season won promotion to the ExtraLeague. She is experienced enough to know that in the highest league a team needs a real leader, so she signed a big star. This bright new star at Rzeszow is Jason Crump.

The other riders in her team seems to have their best years behind them. It does not change the fact that Rzeszow, should not to worry about staying in the EkstraLiga for the next season. But thinking about the top three places will probably have to be put aside for another time.

The 2011 RZESZOW squad

Jason Crump - 8.28, Lee Richardson - 7.48, Rafal Okoniewski - 6.85, Chris Harris - 6.52, Maciej Kuciapa - 6.24, Ryan Fisher - 6.50, Dawid Lampart - 5.01, Lukasz Kret.

In: Jason Crump (Wroclaw).

Out: Mikael Max (Gdansk).

Best wishes to every team

Edited by PolskiZuzel

Both Mama and Polskizuzel- Thank you so much. Join you on Sunday ! Best wishes. Alan.

Both Mama and Polskizuzel- Thank you so much. Join you on Sunday ! Best wishes. Alan.

It should be noted that as of today neither Andreas Jonsson nor Jonas Davidsson (both Zielona Gora) have received permission from SVEMO to start in the Polish leagues.

It should be noted that as of today neither Andreas Jonsson nor Jonas Davidsson (both Zielona Gora) have received permission from SVEMO to start in the Polish leagues.

Marek Cieslak on falubaz.com says that SVEMO permission has been granted and the GKSZ is to announce it tomorrow.

Mind you tomorrow is a fool's day, isn't ?

Some problems in Toruń team. They cannot ride with Rune Holta, also injured is Jepsen Jensen. Without those two Toruń team will not achieve minimum CMA limit! So probably there will be RR for Jensen.

The only, but the most painful loss for the Polish champions, is retirement of a great Australian, Leigh Adams

Not only that. They also have much less power in the U-21 squad as both Musielak brothers are no match for Jurica Pavlic by himself.

BTW last moment transfer in Rzeszow. Matej Ferjan on lease from Gdansk and will ride against Gorzow.

Edited by Dexter