British Speedway Forum

Ok, time to distract the Newport fans to stop them whingeing. Oh look, there's a sheep over there... :wink:

All the best

Rob

:rofl:

I can understand why fans of other teams are not happy about the four riders Leicester will track, but anger should not be aimed at the club or their fans but the BSPA, They make the rules.

If you are not happy with Leicester being awarded the 4's the answer is simple get your promoter to invest hundreds of thousands of pounds and build a new facility from scratch, and then employ lots of friendley staff to run it.

My understanding is the BSPA is the British Speedway Promoters Association so does not this mean that the promoters of other clubs will have allowed Leicester to track the team they propose for the fours. It would appear that the BSPA have decided the following; The top teams qualify and the hosts are seeded through with their best four riders. Thinking about it its not a great deal different to the hosting nation choosing a Wild Card that has not earnt the right based on previous performance to qualify by rights.

Did the Bspa offer to let Leicester use who they choose , I very much doubt it , the BSPA have no idea whats going on in day to day speedway . so while the Bspa can be blamed for not saying. These are the rules that have worked succesfully for many years so you must abide by them . Leicester must also accept the blame for suggesting the rules should not apply to them .

Great post 'L68'

But only if you are a Leicester supporter ,

Still a shambles . Just because they are a new club, leicester should be treated like everyone else.

Same rules should apply for all 8 teams, hosts or not.

Spot on .I'm absolutely sick of hearing , we are a new club , we have'nt had speedway for 28 years , David Hemsley spent thousands ,we are new promotion Blah Blah Blah , as an excuse for absolutely everything.

Spot on .I'm absolutely sick of hearing , we are a new club , we have'nt had speedway for 28 years , David Hemsley spent thousands ,we are new promotion Blah Blah Blah , as an excuse for absolutely everything.

I think that you and the Leicester fans are missing people's point, people are not annoyed with Leicester they are annoyed with the BSPA who have given Leicester special dispensation to use riders who if they would have been riding for another club who have been ruled ineligible, that is why there are plenty of the Newport fans complaining because they have a team from their present 1to 7 that would have qualified.

You say that the BSPA are not aware of Leicester intentions and the team that they are going to use, well the teams have been posted on the BSPA website so I suggest that they are fully aware and given Leicester permission to put the team out.

Strange that the hosts are given free licence to put in the team who they see fit and the rest need to use qualifying averages based on number of appearances for their team...

I agree with you but in a meeting like this the host club has to do reasonably well,or at least the potential to do well.A Leicester team of reserves and 2nd string riders would turn many home fans away from turning up.

Ive posted long and hard many times about this,please bring back the qualifiers BSPA,it gives everyone the same chance.

I think that you and the Leicester fans are missing people's point, people are not annoyed with Leicester they are annoyed with the BSPA who have given Leicester special dispensation to use riders who if they would have been riding for another club who have been ruled ineligible, that is why there are plenty of the Newport fans complaining because they have a team from their present 1to 7 that would have qualified.

You say that the BSPA are not aware of Leicester intentions and the team that they are going to use, well the teams have been posted on the BSPA website so I suggest that they are fully aware and given Leicester permission to put the team out.

Where can I find a copy of the rule that pertain to:

1) How teams are selected for the Premier 4’s?

2) How riders are selected for the individual team for such an event?

(And not a case of what has been done in the past as that is only a precedent but the published rules on selection.)

Where can I find a copy of the rule that pertain to:

1) How teams are selected for the Premier 4’s?

2) How riders are selected for the individual team for such an event?

(And not a case of what has been done in the past as that is only a precedent but the published rules on selection.)

Stop trying to justify the actions of the idiots that are the BSPA.

Nobody is having a dig at The lions-its not there fault that they are being allowed to use whatever riders they like and make a mockery of the sport, its the governing body (BSPA).

I am not trying to justify the actions of the BSPA, it was a polite request for information from someone who is new to the sport and trying to develop her own view on the situation.

If you do actually know where I can find out the rules that support or undermine the decision made by the BSPA I would be eternally grateful.

I am not trying to justify the actions of the BSPA, it was a polite request for information from someone who is new to the sport and trying to develop her own view on the situation.

If you do actually know where I can find out the rules that support or undermine the decision made by the BSPA I would be eternally grateful.

Sorry ,i thought you was trying to justify the actions of the BSPA :)

As for the rule book,try the Beano or just make up your own version of them, they do it every chance they can. :lol:

Early predictions

Group 1 - Edinburgh winners.Runner up Leicester,or if Travis turns up Somerset,if Heffers rides definitely Somerset.

Group 2 - Workington winners. Runner up Redcar.

Winners - Workington.Runners up Redcar.

I agree with you but in a meeting like this the host club has to do reasonably well,or at least the potential to do well.A Leicester team of reserves and 2nd string riders would turn many home fans away from turning up.

Ive posted long and hard many times about this,please bring back the qualifiers BSPA,it gives everyone the same chance.

Then hold it at an EL track.

You cant bend the rules to suit the home side, simple as that.

It completely stinks.

I'm not . the Bspa did not offer the special dispensation they were asked for it , so the blame is equally divided , between leicester for expecting special treatment anfd the Bspa for grantiung it

the Bspa did not offer the special dispensation they were asked for it

Is that official? And I mean from either the BSPA or Leicester Speedway Ltd. Not just so and so who knows so and so.

Leicester must also accept the blame for suggesting the rules should not apply to them .

How do you know this happened?? You are reknowned for making such statements without evidence.