British Speedway Forum

Poor Leicester, waited 30 years for a new track and then have to put up with constant moans about it! My first visit, I knew what to expect and thats what I got! Thought the track drainage was very good for the amount of rain that fell. Luckily we were on the back straight under cover, but slipped our way round to the exit afterwards, glad we hadn't chosen to stand there. I liked the stadium and hopefully with some work on and off track during the winter itshould become one of the better places to visit in future.

As an Ipswich fan I'll probably go back for the final, although now its down to 4 teams and a full 16 race format it really needs to be on a neutral track. Has the admission price been mentioned? Yesterdays £20 was for a 28 heat meeting, so realistically with £5 discount I shouldn't pay more than a tenner to get in? Hoping that we'll be able to use Mat Tres and Taylor for the final too.

The obvious answer is to hold the re run at Somerset, meets everybody's wishes.

The obvious answer is to hold the re run at Somerset, meets everybody's wishes.

Or Newport, which is a neutral track for all teams.

And as for you 2 well i'm apalled, appalled I say :shock:

You better have a word with him as I reckon you might know him :lol: . otherwise when i do eventually come to beaumont park (see that dig lower case B )there will be handbags . And you can tell him while you are about it , I got soaked as I could'nt get under the bridge as there was someone already under there , I heard him ranting , Sounded just Like Ant or Dec to me

Just been on the local news. Hemsley looked pretty shook up by it :( I reckon whoever it is has been watching him for weeks if not months.

A similar thing happened last year at Birmingham, like you say these people will have been watching for weeks and planned their move. Hopefully the police will catch up with the culprits.

I agree. You're not likely to attract the casual fan back for that. In fact I'm not even sure I'm that bothered if they're charging me £15 on top of what I've already paid for my cloakroom ticket. Plus the crafty sods running it over 16 heats means a new programme will be needed and you can bet your bottom dollar they won't throw it in gratis.

I am surprised that nobody has mentioned the high cost of a programme which was so poorly designed that there was no room to enter in any of the several changes in any easy way. And why do we need such a glossy programme anyway?

As for lack of passing, I think the "follow my leader racing" would have been evident on any track for at least the 1st 8 heats due to the amount of slush on the track, and in reality had it been held at any other track it would probably have been called off before Heat 1 was started. That track took an awful lot of water in the initial downpour. Well done to the track staff for at least getting 16 heats done.

I'm no security expert, but leaving such a large amount of cash in the hands of a bloke and a ittle girl is asking for trouble!!!

I'm no security expert, but leaving such a large amount of cash in the hands of a bloke and a ittle girl is asking for trouble!!!

I suppose as with most things you don't assume it'll happen until it does, especially if you've done it that way from the start.

I suppose as with most things you don't assume it'll happen until it does, especially if you've done it that way from the start.

I would be nervous walkng through Beaunmont Leys with an decent pair of shoes on let alone a big bag of cash .

Exactly my point... I have handled large amounts of cash in the past...You have to vary your routine, just in case someone is watching... Sounds like an amateur operation

Without doubt the worst speedway meeting I have had the misfortune to attend in the last 25 years.

I went to the Bears league meeting there and that wasn't much better.

Don't wait until the end of the season to change the shape of the inside line. Close for 2 weeks and do it before its too late!

I've just watched the Wolves Poole match on sky and they had a wet track to start with as well. The racing was just as strung out as it was yesterday at Leicester. I've followed speedway, on and off, for about forty years and I can honestly say that I've never seen a really exciting meeting, close racing with loads of passing, on a wet track. What do you people expect?

Any regular visitor to Leicester will be aware that the racing has improved over the last three meetings, getting better each time with more passing and closer races. The last three or four heats yesterday were closer and I think the riders were gaining confidence as the track dried out. We'll never know, but I think that the racing in the finals would have got better and better had it stayed dry.

As for those claiming Leicester had a home track advantage! Well some of the visiting riders have had more laps around BP than our new boys Neimenen and Karlson, and Bodarenko had a big lay off due to injury, so I don't see where the advantage comes from. It's not like they've ridden it for a few years - or even half a season!

I must admit that the muddy banks could do with sorting and I'm surprised they haven't been covered with mill waste, that would certainly make it better than it is now.

All of the problems spoiling the experience have come from one source .... the rain!!!