British Speedway Forum

<abusive remark removed - cut it out please>

no wonder speedway is going down the pan with comments like that.

i hope it pisses down and the BSPA lose a fortune.What have they got against NEWPORT.

There's no need at all to fling childish names at posters cos you don't like the shambles of the BSPA decision making. I knew this would happen but it's no good picking on Leicester fans, we've not made the decision. I think the vast majority of Leicester fans would have no objection whatsoever to all of the teams having their best riders regardless of how many meetings they've ridden.

Inane childish comments add nothing to the argument put very reasonably by other posters but unfortunately not by you.

Is this the Newport that has been aloud to rebuild it's team by the BSPA and get one of the best 5 riders on the league on a 6.6 avge?? Oh yes, really hate Newport do they....NOT!

Your argument is not reasonable its pathetic. - Please let us use who we like and change the rules ,we dont win at home very often!!!!!!!!

That was his actual average, they didnt reduce it for Newport.

....and Arthur, PL hardly going down the pan in a yr when two well supported tracks(despite losing vast majority of home matches) joined the league

I said speedway ( not PL )is going down the pan,thanks to ridiculus decisions like this one.

Leicster are still in their honeymood period as are Plymouth and good luck to both clubs but just because everything is rosy at the moment ,soon as things start to go a bit sour the BSPA A-Holes will kick the crap out of your club just like they are doing to Newport every oppurtunity they get.

Will we ever get on Sky,even though it would help get some of our lost fans back and help secure our future - it wont happen ,even though we can hold a meeting any night of the week and we have got a very competitive side who will give any team a run for their money.

Too.......much.......bait.....

1- we, Leicester, did not make the rule

2- Newport have benefitted greatly from getting Gjedde on a rolling 6.6 avge

1 , Thats ok then ,as long as it fits in with your club (every other speedway fan can goto hell )

2 ,Any other club,even the Leicster"BSPA"Lions could have signed him,not just Newport

Will we ever get on Sky,even though it would help get some of our lost fans back and help secure our future - it wont happen ,even though we can hold a meeting any night of the week and we have got a very competitive side who will give any team a run for their money.

I can understand your frustrations, but why would Sky get you missing fans back, I fail to see that one.

The easiest solution to all this would be the top 8 teams in the league at the cut off point qualify regardless of where the meeting is held, if that means the host miss out then so be it.

I can understand your frustrations, but why would Sky get you missing fans back, I fail to see that one.

The easiest solution to all this would be the top 8 teams in the league at the cut off point qualify regardless of where the meeting is held, if that means the host miss out then so be it.

The power of television is unbeatable,it might just make some of them remember the good times,and the chance to get on telly might help :rolleyes:

Arthur, we have been on the wrong end already like over the Sweetman scenario and yet we r in hindsight better off without him just like u at Newport are better off with Doyle Gjedde and Sedgman than u were at start of season so just get on and look to the future like we r at Leicester:-)

You really are missing the point.Its not about Newport or the "BSPA" Lions.

Its the fact that they keep moving the goalposts to suit themselves,i.e. leicster can use whoever ,whilst every other team will do as we tell em.Its nothing against the Lions,its the BSPA i got a problem with and people who think they are doing a good job .

Edited by Arthur

BSPA - RULES? - JOKE - MAKE THEM UP AS YOU GO ALONG - WHO CARES ABOUT THE PUNTERS AS LONG AS THEY CONTINUE TO PAY AT THE TURNSTILES. :blink:

If Bager does not improve over next few weeks I can see Darkin being back in team for this meeting. I must say is a shame that Newport are not there along with revised Berwick side

Well, I'll be there and I don't really much care how the teams are chosen, and who rides for them. But I'm very surprised at the lack of empathy for Leicester - a new track, back after 28 years of nothing, and needing all the help they can get to thrive and sruvive... I would hope that any "help" they're given by the BSPA (and let's not forget the Sweetman thing here, shall we?) is also repeated to Bristol next year. And to Inverness the year after. And Diss the year after that... Bigger picture, small thinkers...

I can understand why fans of other teams are not happy about the four riders Leicester will track, but anger should not be aimed at the club or their fans but the BSPA, They make the rules.

If you are not happy with Leicester being awarded the 4's the answer is simple get your promoter to invest hundreds of thousands of pounds and build a new facility from scratch, and then employ lots of friendley staff to run it.

My understanding is the BSPA is the British Speedway Promoters Association so does not this mean that the promoters of other clubs will have allowed Leicester to track the team they propose for the fours. It would appear that the BSPA have decided the following; The top teams qualify and the hosts are seeded through with their best four riders. Thinking about it its not a great deal different to the hosting nation choosing a Wild Card that has not earnt the right based on previous performance to qualify by rights.

Still a shambles . Just because they are a new club, leicester should be treated like everyone else.

Same rules should apply for all 8 teams, hosts or not.

Ok, time to distract the Newport fans to stop them whingeing. Oh look, there's a sheep over there... :wink:

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam