British Speedway Forum
Doctorwu

At Last The News We Have Been Waiting For

Welcome, back to the CHAMPIONS!

The league would just have been a bunch of chokers & also-rans without them. :approve:

Darren, sincerely, I'm so pleased that this sorry saga has come to an end, as I suspect you are.

"Allen Trump accepts that he said things in the heat of the moment which could have been avoided in relation to the BSPA and certain named individual members"

Interesting that some choose to see that as an apology. Personally for all the criticism of the statement on here so far I believe it is a work of genius with nobody admitting doing anything wrong other than not keeping what they still believe to themselves :lol:

Anyway good to see the two teams back in the league, makes it a better product and is good for the sport. I also suspect that in the long term changes will be generated from this which may well benefit the way Speedway is run.

Looks more like the PR was signed off and left on a desk to be faxed off to update the website, someone intervened, crossed out "Coventry and Peterborough" with a crayon and wrote in Trump's name as a joke, and it accidentally got posted publically. :unsure:

agree lets all have a big hug and move on.

mind you six months five lines of press wouldn't hold out too much for the rules, maybe December!

Agreed fella.

Looking forward to locking horns, and soon!

Steve people on here will still be bickering at the end of season because they like something to moan about. lets just get on with the speedway im not bothered as long as i can watch some speedway

The minority will. But best let em get on with it :wink:

Welcome, back to the CHAMPIONS!

The league would just have been a bunch of chokers & also-rans without them. :approve:

Talking of chokers, are you going to supporting Swindon again then. :rofl:

I see the Shovlar has hit the fan now the confirmation has arrived. Sad that he can't just be happy for the fans and leave it at that.

Very true. Glad we now officially have a ten team Elite League. but what a waste of time, money and effort to sort out this sorry mess which finally ended with the Trump apology which was always required, regardless of what Alan Boon said on here.

Looking forward to a larger fixture list and a trip to Peterborough later this year if I am not working on the day. Both C&P are likely to be teams making up the numbers this year but I am glad they are in rather than missing out due to their promotions actions. Finally some good news out of the mess they made.

Good god, I see the usual duo (Shovlar & Tsunami) are still gloating, even when everyone else has read the statement.. can clearly see there is NO apology in there and does not care one iota.

All that matters is the two teams are back and we can get on with enjoying the season.

That embarrassingly awful official statement contains no apology, no retraction. It only refers to the timing of Trump's observations, not the accuracy of what he said.

On the strength of the official statement, it's obvious the mess has not been cleared up. In typical BSPA fashion it has been swept under the carpet, from where it will emerge the next time there is a dispute, only next time it will be even more difficult to resolve.

Pram & dummies all down the tip.......can we now enjoy our Speedway and put this last few months away.

Good Luck to all....Teams,Riders & Supporters.2,4.6,8 Who are the BEST !!!!! :drink:

Delighted for their fans and the sport that C&P are back and that is all that will be important to the vast majority of fans.

For those of us who have taken sides in this saga at least some of the results of what has occurred will soon become apparent and then we can all have a more informed opinion about what has gone on.

For now let us just be pleased that speedway is back at Brandon and EOES.

That statement has to be the most turd thing I've ever read

can we have our ball, ups sorry website back now mister?

I am genuinely pleased that it is 'officially' over and that two sets of fans get their speedway back.

I remain to be convinced, however, that it is 'over' and feel that working relationships between certain individuals are beyond recovery. Time will tell.

Blimey who CARES what the statement said ? :rolleyes:

The main thing is that Coventry/Peterborough are back and the riders have teams and most important the FANS have their Speedway!!!!!!! :cheers:

Lets hope a ten team League becomes at least a twelve team League next year (you can but hope?). :lol:

Delighted to see that this is over and Coventry and Peterborough are part of the 2011 Elite League :cheers: