British Speedway Forum
PhilK

Mildenhall Fen Tigers V Dudley Heathens

There's a three-and-a-half page interview with Mike Lee, talking about Mildenhall's relaunch on Sunday and the future there, in today's issue of Speedway Star.

And it is a very interesting interview.

I would expect a lot bigger crowd this weekend against Dudley than the break even figure of 550 that was mentioned in the article.

Seems like a very good set-up at the Fen Tigers.

If we r given a good weather forcast,i would expect a large contingent of Heathens fans to be present at West Row on sunday, this despite ever continuing rising fuel prices, which is bound to have some effect now on affordability of some families. Heathens fans are arguably the most loyal in the Country, and with the meeting being held on sunday which is usually a very good day for travelling around, that plus it being Mildenhalls first meeting back with some iconic names from the past being involved, i would expect to see a healthy four figure crowd. The result mmmmmm difficult one this, but i would put The Tigers as slight favourites, especially as The Heathens are not noted for there gating ability, and it important at West Row.

Whats the best way to travel up from Bournemouth ?? and does anyone from that area want to come along and share the costs ??.

Start-time is advertised as 4.30pm, which is when I believe the pre-meeting parade will begin. First race scheduled for 4.45pm.

Any announcement on the Heathens 1-7 riding order yet?

James Brundle, Daniel Halsey and Lewis Blackbird were all at Foxhall tonight for practice after the meeting, had about 30mins on track in preparation for sunday.

Providing the guest assumes the average of the rider he's replacing rather than his own average being applicable then Evans will ride at 1. Further assuming the rest line up as they did on Tuesday then it should be as follows.

1. Evans

2. Franklin

3. Perry

4. Morris

5. Roynon

6. Ritchings.

7. Chessell

The more I think about it and having seen the lads in action I fancy us to push this one quite close. Evans looks in decent enough form so should do a good job for us at 1. Roynon and Morris looked sharp in Tuesday. Ritchings and Chessell improved with every ride. Franklin was solid, scoring in every ride and we all know Perry in an unknown quantity on a new track. His gating seems a little better this season but he's been a touch off his best in the couple of meetings I've seen him in. If he clicks as well we could be looking at the top four scoring quite heavily. :approve:

Heeps is a big miss for Mildenhall I feel.

Heeps is a big miss for Mildenhall I feel.

Undoubtedly. Going by the reports of his ability he will (hopefully) add strength at reserve for the Fen Tigers. I havent seen much Speedway in the last couple of seasons, so I dont know too much about the four riders who will line-up at reserve, but I feel the reserve pairings are likely to be pretty evenly matched, which might not have been the case if Heeps had been available to make an impact on his debut.

Heathens look to have a powerful top three in Evans, Roynon and Tom Perry and while its a shame not to see Jon back riding at West Row, Barrie is an excellent choice of guest, who will maintain the Heathens' top-end strength.

Dudley have had some challenge match outings, which I feel is an important part of the prep for the start to a season, whereas Mildenhall, for what are no doubt a number of reasons, not least track availability and having only just finalised their signings, have not been able to have that prep opportunity.

An entertaining match in prospect, hopefully on a track surface that will be conducive to good racing, with a result that could easily go either way.

Edited by neil3065

Good luck to all involved at West Row today.

Hope their putting alot of water down this morning so it doesnt become a dust bowl this afternoon.

Its going to be a very difficult first meeting for the new Fen Tigers with Dudley already having a couple of meetings under their belt and Barrie is flying at the moment and will be a very good guest at No 1.

I hope the crowd get behind the lads, Im sure they will, but remember that Jack is coming back from a couple of years out, Danny & Lewis are starting their first full seasons, Daniel and Aaron didnt have full seasons last year for different reasons.

Good luck to Rob as well in his first meeting as Team Manager.

See you all this afternoon

Well the GREAT day has arrived with the resurrection of the Mildenhall Tigers :cheers: Its a lovely day so should be no problems in that direction. I think we are all in for some exciting times ahead under the guidence of Louis,Lee & Jolly :party: Mildenhall fans deserve some success and when Heeps arrives from Oz I think it might well occur :) lets all hope so anyway. Well very good luck to all concerned in this new venture and hope ALL the riders stay safe and un-injured :t:

Updates will be available here.

Good luck to Mildenhall speedway!

If things are done properly, or more closer to the truth, the promotion are allowed to do things properly then speedway at the stadium can be successful!

c/o Speedway Updates:

KOPIOWANIE TYLKO ZA ZGOD¥ ADMINISTRATORA

Please remember that these updates cost the texter and updater money, please don't ruin it for others by posting the score up before the updater has had a chance to update this screen

All Updates will appear in this window, please feel free to post any comments below.

Texter: Jaybea

Updater: Rhidassa

Mildenhall Fen Tigers = 45

1. James Brundle...3, 2, EF, 0, 3 = 8

2. Aaron Baseby...2', 1', 3, 2 = 8+2

3. Joe Jacobs...FE, 1', 0, 1' = 2+2

4. Daniel Halsey...FE, 2, 2, 3 = 7

5. Jack Hargreaves...1', 3, 3, 1, 0 = 8+1

6. Danny Stoneman...2', 1, 0 = 3+1

7. Lewis Blackbird...3, 2, 1, 2, 1 = 9

Dudley Heathens = 44

1. Barrie Evans...1, 3, 2, 2', 1' = 9+2

2. Richard Franklin...0, 0, 2, 1' = 3+1

3. Tom Perry...2', 0, 1, 3 = 6+1

4. Ashley Morris...3, 2, 3, 2 = 10

5. Adam Roynon...3, 3, 3, 3, 2 = 14

6. Darryl Ritchings...1, 0, 0, 1, 0 = 2

7. Luke Chessell...FE, E, 0, 0 = 0

Heat Results

Mildenhall win the toss taking gates 1 & 3 in Heat 1.

Heat 01: Brundle, Baseby, Evans, Franklin, 5-1, 5-1, 50.31

Line Up: James Brundle, Aaron Baseby, Barrie Evans, Richard Franklin

Comments: What a start.

Sponsored by www.enjaydesigns.co.uk

Heat 02: Re-Run: Blackbird, Stoneman, Ritchings, 5-1, 10-2, 52.88

Line Up: Danny Stoneman, Lewis Blackbird, Darryl Ritchings, Luke Chessell

Comments: Chessell leads going into lap 3 then falls, Dudley on a 5-1 at the time. Chessell excluded.

Re-Run: Woop woop! (Updaters comment: Think jaybea is enjoying it!)

Sponsored by Steve Dixon www.stevedixonphotography.co.uk

Heat 03: Re-Run x2: Morris, Perry, 0-5, 10-7, 52.99

Line Up: Joe Jacobs, Daniel Halsey, Tom Perry, Ashley Morris

Comments: Jacobs falls fourth turn, excluded.

Re-Run: Halsey does a double pirouette on fourth turn whilst in second and excluded.

Re-Run x2:

Sponsored by: www.speedway-games.co.uk

Heat 04: Roynon, Blackbird, Hargreaves, Ritchings, 3-3, 13-10, 49.85

Line Up: Jack Hargreaves, Lewis Blackbird, Adam Roynon, Luke Chessell Darryl Ritchings

Comments: Chessell excluded by 2 minutes replaced by Ritchings.

New track record!

Sponsored by Friends of Edinburgh Speedway http://www.foes.info/

Heat 05: Evans, Halsey, Jacobs, Franklin, 3-3, 16-3, 51.63

Line Up: Joe Jacobs, Daniel Halsey, Barrie Evans, Richard Franklin

Comments:

Sponsored by Splod

Heat 06: Roynon, Brundle, Baseby, Ritchings, 3-3, 19-16, 50.14

Line Up: James Brundle, Aaron Baseby, Adam Roynon, Darryl Ritchings

Comments:

Sponsored by

Heat 07: Hargreaves, Morris, Stoneman, Perry, 4-2, 23-18, 51.25

Line Up: Jack Hargreaves, Danny Stoneman, Tom Perry, Ashley Morris

Comments:

Sponsored by Merlin

Heat 08: Baseby, Franklin, Blackbird, Chessell, 4-2, 27-20, 52.04

Line Up: Aaron Baseby, Lewis Blackbird, Richard Franklin, Luke Chessell

Comments:

Sponsored by

Heat 09: Roynon, Halsey, Ritchings, Jacobs, 2-4, 29-24, 51.72

Line Up: Joe Jacobs, Daniel Halsey, Adam Roynon, Darryl Ritchings

Comments:

Sponsored by inthedirt clothing - inthedirt.co.uk - facebook.com/inthedirt

Heat 10: Morris, Baseby, Perry, 2-4, 31-28, 53.14

Line Up: James Brundle, Aaron Baseby, Tom Perry, Ashley Morris

Comments: Brundle EF when in front.

Sponsored by

Heat 11: Hargreaves, Evans, Franklin, Stoneman, 3-3, 34-31, 53.15

Line Up: Jack Hargreaves, Danny Stoneman, Barrie Evans, Richard Franklin

Comments:

Sponsored by

Heat 12: Perry, Blackbird, Jacobs, Ritchings, 3-3, 37-34, 51.10

Line Up: Joe Jacobs, Lewis Blackbird, Tom Perry, Darryl Ritchings

Comments:

Sponsored by

Heat 13: Roynon, Evans, Hargreaves, Brundle, 1-5, 38-39, 50.94

Line Up: James Brundle, Jack Hargreaves, Barrie Evans, Adam Roynon

Comments:

Sponsored by Art and Stitch for all your sewing and art supplies www.artandstitch.co.uk

Heat 14: Halsey, Morris, Blackbird, Chessell, 4-2, 42-41, 52.69

Line Up: Daniel Halsey, Danny Stoneman Lewis Blackbird, Ashley Morris, Luke Chessell

Comments: Blackbird in for Stoneman.

Sponsored by Splod

Heat 15: Brundle, Roynon, Evans, Hargreaves, 3-3, 45-44

Line-up: Jack Hargreaves, James Brundle, Barrie Evans, Adam Roynon

Comments: Dudley take gates 1 & 3.

Time who cares...

Crowd has gone wild..

Wonderful scenes.

Wonderful day..

Wonderful speedway...

And that's what matters.

Sponsored by www.unofficialscorpion.co.uk - The History of Scunthorpe Speedway

Comments:

Teams confirmed.

Massive crowd, and track looks great.

Thanks to jaybea for the texts & everyone for watching!

© 2005-2011 All meetings are copyrighted to Speedway Updates, permission must be sought and we must be fully credited before they are used elsewhere.

Edited by rhidassa

Wow! What a return for the Fen Tigers!

The meeting had everything, including the right result :wink: after a brilliant ride by captain James Brundle to beat the flying Adam Roynon in Heat 15.

A crowd that i'd guess was around 1100-1200 brought back memories of years gone by, as did the ex riders display during the interval. Saw people there today I hadn't seen at West Row for years.

Great to have Kevin Long back on the mic, and a large contingent from Dudley helping to create a good atmosphere.

Not really a day for worrying about who rode well and who didn't, just for enjoying a memorable return for the Fen Tigers :approve:

Only pity is that we have to wait until the 8th May now for our next home meeting.

Wow! What a return for the Fen Tigers!

The meeting had everything, including the right result :wink: after a brilliant ride by captain James Brundle to beat the flying Adam Roynon in Heat 15.

A crowd that i'd guess was around 1100-1200 brought back memories of years gone by, as did the ex riders display during the interval. Saw people there today I hadn't seen at West Row for years.

Great to have Kevin Long back on the mic, and a large contingent from Dudley helping to create a good atmosphere.

Not really a day for worrying about who rode well and who didn't, just for enjoying a memorable return for the Fen Tigers :approve:

Only pity is that we have to wait until the 8th May now for our next home meeting.

Totally agree Phil :approve:

What a brilliant day with the right result in the end. If the entertainment continues in that manner the crowds will keep coming back for more :t:

What a heat 15 it was too :drink: