British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vog

Hackney Vs Stoke

So, according to the Stoke press release, it's Dan Berwick who guests in place of Ben Reade.

Good luck Dan. No lose situation for him, if he impresses, maybe he can force his way into the Stoke team!

Even though they are probably not yet familiar with the track I can only see a comfortable Hawks win. This is one very good team this year. I just hope the track holds up.

Even though they are probably not yet familiar with the track I can only see a comfortable Hawks win. This is one very good team this year. I just hope the track holds up.

Yes it was a comfortable Hawks win on a concrete dust bowl of a track..Most riders that took a gamble finished up on thier backsides eating dust Smooth throttle on the inside line was the only way...The Potters gave it a good go ,but most of the time it cost them points..This day was for the boys who know the track well..Marc Owen hardly made a gate all day but still found the line to get into good scoring positions in no time..Shane Hazelden is much improved already this season and scored a hatfull of points..David Mason was his usuall steady self and today it paid off handsomely.. Ben Morley would be the first to admit he was not at his best but still chipped in with paid 9 from 4..Barrie Evans gave all but paid the same price as some of the Potters for trying to hard on a terrible track ..Ben Hopwood was little unlucky to only score 5 Brandon Freemantle gave it good go ,a 5-1 with Shane in heat 2 ,was rewarded by being pulled out of his last ride ,which in my opinion was not necessary as the match was won.this does nothing to help a very young rookie build confidence..This lad will come good if given some positive encouragement..Well done all the boys, most, if not all ,like me will be glad to get back to Rye House..Nice to meet old friend Malcom Vasey ,Potters team manager ,,Malc you can be proud of your lads they gave it a real good go...

Brandon Freemantle gave it good go ,a 5-1 with Shane in heat 2 ,was rewarded by being pulled out of his last ride ,which in my opinion was not necessary as the match was won.

I agree fully that Brandon shouldn't have been taken out of heat 14, but the 3 points weren't won at that stage. A couple of Potters 5-1's although unlikely, would have given them a match point

Edited by Shadders

I agree fully that Brandon shouldn't have been taken out of heat 14, but the 3 points weren't won at that stage. A couple of Potters 5-1's although unlikely, would have given them a match point

I see your point Shadders but was it worth the possible damage to a very young riders confidence..?

I see your point Shadders but was it worth the possible damage to a very young riders confidence..?

No, I fully agree that he should have been allowed to take his final ride Waco, but I was putting myself in the team managers position. If you're going to take part in a competetive league, then you should do everything within the rules to win, otherwise why bother entering the league in the first place?

your right of course Shadders in the the world today,,results , money, are more important than peoples feelings.If i was a manager i may well have done the same,,though i like to think i would have thought hard about it...

Awful track, so glad I don't have to go there again!

We threw away a few points, and cost ourselves any chance of a point by not having a number 1.

Such is life.

Awful track, so glad I don't have to go there again!

We threw away a few points, and cost ourselves any chance of a point by not having a number 1.

Such is life.

Was always going to be a very difficult track taking into account the very hot conditions at Lakeside today (ouch :( ) but I was entertained throughout it.. Mistakes may have been made due to rider error in some cases but there was also a couple of genuine decent passes... Don't know if it was just me but I thought the Hawks looked a lot more comfortable at Lakeside than Rye...

Waco.. any reason behind Ben looking like he was struggling today?? Machinery, track conditions or a bit of both??

Wasn't the best meeting i've ever seen but this is life. Got home in 21 minutes so at least the wife and kids were happy.

Was always going to be a very difficult track taking into account the very hot conditions at Lakeside today (ouch :( ) but I was entertained throughout it.. Mistakes may have been made due to rider error in some cases but there was also a couple of genuine decent passes... Don't know if it was just me but I thought the Hawks looked a lot more comfortable at Lakeside than Rye...

Waco.. any reason behind Ben looking like he was struggling today?? Machinery, track conditions or a bit of both??

Bit of both bandits with Ben ,,still got paid 9 though....It was more a case of the potters struggling with the track than us likeing it Shane,Marc and David maybe the exceptions to that.Conditions were such that having a go round the outside usually got a rider into problems costing points..Track knowledge was vital today..A track for the white liners...

Edited by waco

Perhaps Brandon's experience in his third ride influenced the decision - did he have mechanical problems (he certainly 'retired' in Heat 11)?

Perhaps Brandon's experience in his third ride influenced the decision - did he have mechanical problems (he certainly 'retired' in Heat 11)?

No that was not a problem He was fine..and ready to ride again..

Did the meeting was held in Lakeside?