British Speedway Forum
Paul

Hackney V Kings Lynn

As far as I know yes it is - on my way there

BOSSMAN ,what is your problem? I wish I could attend and watch Family Compete for "HACKNEY"My family have been racing motorcycles before I was born 58 years ago.I have encouraged a family member to race on the grass,His son to progress to race for Rye House cobras 2010 ,this year HACKNEY HAWKS.Whats is your problem? 40 years ish ago I had problems at Canterbury speedway .I met a guy at a grass meeting I was racing at a few years later,he recounted the match 15 ish years later,we agreed to diagree but we are still mates after so long after the fact We raced and respected each other for many years until we both packed up racing Bikes.I was dragged kicking and screaming to watch an 11 year old RIDE Not race a 100cc bike.7 Bloody hard years later PRATS LIKE YOU complain.

IF YOU KNEW HOW MUCH RIDERS FAMILIES PUT INTO TEENAGE RIDERS you would be totally gobsmacked.I AM TOTALLY TATS OFF WITH WITH PEOPLE LIKE YOU who whinge and know nothing about the inside of the sport>

BOSSMAN ,what is your problem? I wish I could attend and watch Family Compete for "HACKNEY"My family have been racing motorcycles before I was born 58 years ago.I have encouraged a family member to race on the grass,His son to progress to race for Rye House cobras 2010 ,this year HACKNEY HAWKS.Whats is your problem? 40 years ish ago I had problems at Canterbury speedway .I met a guy at a grass meeting I was racing at a few years later,he recounted the match 15 ish years later,we agreed to diagree but we are still mates after so long after the fact We raced and respected each other for many years until we both packed up racing Bikes.I was dragged kicking and screaming to watch an 11 year old RIDE Not race a 100cc bike.7 Bloody hard years later PRATS LIKE YOU complain.

IF YOU KNEW HOW MUCH RIDERS FAMILIES PUT INTO TEENAGE RIDERS you would be totally gobsmacked.I AM TOTALLY TATS OFF WITH WITH PEOPLE LIKE YOU who whinge and know nothing about the inside of the sport>

What is your problem? I can see nothing wrong in Bossmans postings only the fact that he/she was on way to see the meeting and asking why there was little interest in the meeting on the forum. So, what is your problem, please enlighten us.

I'm an idiot (forget it Parsloes)..............IT'S OFFICIAL.

I now admit that I fall into the above category, as I just could not sit at home and miss this meeting all because of Len wanting to rip us fellow pensioners off, so I duly made the journey from Norfolk so as to top up the poor old boys state pension.

As much as I wanted to boycott the meeting, like seemingly the majority of fans in that neck of the woods do, I just felt/feel that the riders deserve better than that, and need our support.

Did I enjoy proceedings.......the answer is yes, very much so, after almost suffering two cardiac arrests!

The first threat of CA came on arrival at the turnstiles, when confirmation of £12 for a concessionary admission was received. Another flutter came when I was asked if I really wanted more than one racecard (yep, no programme as such) for the two of us that entered (to be fair, they were given without any further question), when at that price, I should have been afforded the box full.

Once inside the well kept stadium, and I'm being sincere with those comments, I stopped to use my inhalers so as to reboot my shocked system, before proceeding to see what goodies the HACKNEY track shop had for sale. Trackshop one HACKNEY/RYE HOUSE/LAKESIDE supporter said, "You're 'avin' a 'bleedin' larf ain't yer, you'll get blah blah all at this place".

So disappointed that I couldn't puchase a souvenir with the resurrected Hackney name on (I know it's weird that a former Wimbledon fan should ever want to contemplate buying anything with that name on it), I made my way to the very steeped stepped grandstand, and chose a good vantage point where the pigeons hadn't previously visited.

Next task was to read the programme (sorry, racecard) which consisted of 'Lens Lines' printed on a RYE HOUSE headed document, which took less than a minute (Why can't a proper Hackney programme be produced, like Boston did at King's Lynn?).

Chips eaten, coffee drunk, Lens Lines read and an interesting chat with some former Wimbledon fans sat at the side of me, it was time for the march-out, led by the ever increasing wealthy Uncle Len. "Good evening ladies, gentlemen, boys & girls" came the greeting from the enthusiastic and aging sounding promoter, as I realised my heart rate and peak flow readings had returned to normal, following my earlier shock on arrival at the stadium. Enter the second almost CA as Len requests that we all run about a lot due to the fact there are not many punters in, and it will help make it look more!!!!!!

Oh dear Leonard George Silver, born Mile End, Tower Hamlets on the 2nd February 1932, when oh when are you going to realise and accept that the reason people aren't there, is due to a large extent because of your pricing policy. Apart from the fact that generally speaking, folk can't afford to pay £12 to watch a National League meeting when they also have a Premier League side operating at the same venue, it's plain to see that those who can, aren't prepared to do so. Speculate to accumulate Len, you might lose a few bob at the turnstiles by reducing the admission price, but on the other hand get the shortfall back through your catering outlets.

As for the meeting itself, I've got to say that it was raced on a very well prepared track, with little evidence of it's notorious blue line making an appearance. The riders looked as though they were contended with the conditions that were presented to them, and this showed in the quality of the racing (my third best meeting of the season at any track). As much as I would have like the Young Stars to have won, it wasn't to be, and the better team on the night did emerge victorious.

Shane Hazelden at just 17-years of age, looks a gilt-edged prospect, as does Ben Hopwood and Ben Morley, and they will play a huge part in any future success that Hackney may reap. King's Lynn too look a side for the future, with the likes of Jake Knight, Tom Stokes, Lewis Kerr and Oliver Rayson poised to make the big breakthrough.

So in conclusion, it was an extremely enjoyable evening, the like of which could and should be seen by a lot of local people, if only the price was.......well you know.

Good luck to both teams for the remainder of the season, and thanks for the almost second to none entertainment.

Ye Gods Mimmo!!! :shock: You sound like that son of a preacher man old Busty used to sing about! :wink::lol: :lol: :lol:

Ye Gods Mimmo!!! :shock: You sound like that son of a preacher man old Busty used to sing about! :wink::lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep, that's me, didn't think you'd be able to remember that far back...but there again :rofl:

Bryn i found the sermon quite interesting and well written ,,gobsmacked that Mimmo new so much about Lens very distant past .. :wink:

Nice to read some positive comments, but Mimmo does raise a few important points re the Hackney branding ... Why have both promotions, Rye House and Lakeside not produced a joint Hawks programme between them and why are there so few Hawks branded items available at the Rye track shop? I'm wondering if this is juat a one year experiemnt and a cynical ploy to get a few more ex Hackney fans through the turnstiles... I can't see where a stand alone Hackeny side could possibly race anywhre near their spiritual home of Waterden Road, so this could be as close Hawks/Kestrels fans will get to seeing their side on the track, which is a shame for them and speedway in general

gobsmacked that Mimmo new so much about Lens very distant past .. :wink:

Thumbing through a copy of "As Luck Would Have It"!! ;)

Edited by Shadders

Congratulations on your post the men in the white coats are on the way! :party:

What is your problem? I can see nothing wrong in Bossmans postings only the fact that he/she was on way to see the meeting and asking why there was little interest in the meeting on the forum. So, what is your problem, please enlighten us.

Thank you -The medication is a little on the high side :lol:

Edited by BossMan

The meeting was not as bad as the Belle Vue meeting a few weeks ago. I only attended because I won tickets to the Stevenage match in the afternoon so didn't have to pay to get in there. Plus the fact I can hear the bikes from my house and I always feel like i'm missing out on a Saturday night if I'm listening to the racing rather than watching it!

My main issue was the lack of Bronze Helmet race. Darren Mallett was present, so why didn't he defend his crown?...

Looks like there will be a dedicated website for Hackney at last http://www.hackneyhawks.co/ :blink:

All I'm getting when I click onto that is some adverts!

I'm an idiot (forget it Parsloes)..............IT'S OFFICIAL.

Nice post, you will be pleased to know the dvd is available and at ONLY £6 incl P&P a real bargain!

All I'm getting when I click onto that is some adverts!

Because webspace is set up waiting for the site to be published :unsure:

Nice to read some positive comments, but Mimmo does raise a few important points re the Hackney branding ... Why have both promotions, Rye House and Lakeside not produced a joint Hawks programme between them and why are there so few Hawks branded items available at the Rye track shop? I'm wondering if this is juat a one year experiemnt and a cynical ploy to get a few more ex Hackney fans through the turnstiles... I can't see where a stand alone Hackeny side could possibly race anywhre near their spiritual home of Waterden Road, so this could be as close Hawks/Kestrels fans will get to seeing their side on the track, which is a shame for them and speedway in general

Thumbing through a copy of "As Luck Would Have It"!! ;)

I think the problem re track shop is simple to produce these items badges, coats, hats, boards and even a separate match programme (which i think there should be) etc cost quite a bit of dosh and as was quite obvious yesterday, there is not enough people coming through the turnstyles to make is a worth while issue. I did make the dvd's Hackney branded, but thats because I am stupid and sometimes have spare time!

Shadders you must have watched Blue Peter in the past, I'm sure you have some sticky back plastic and old coats, you could make some!! (I noticed yesterday tehb track shop wasnt even open., I dont even think parsoles was there and he reckons they NL is tops, mind you he also says short track is good too! (I think he even cut my up on the slip road coming out of oxford on friday!) I personally like to see all speedway racing, but I also think the naming of Hackney is not catching and really doesnt mean a lot to either Rye or Lakeside fans and although great for those few, and it is a few old Hackney fans it doesnt mean a lot. Maybe we need to rename the riders as Barrie "Thomas" Evans, Ben "bengt" Morley, Dave "morton" Mason, na lets not go there.....

However 2011 :rofl: Hackney dvd's are available from T2TV. :drink:

Edited by KenB1