British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jollie roger

Support Your Local Nl Team

I have totally slagged off Bossman on HACKNEY v K L Thread.I do not feel that it was un kind or vicous attack as I do not think that he or many other people realise how much young riders and their families forgo to see family members hurtle round a speedway track.Even at NL level it costs Thousands of pounds per season. Family member for HACKNEY scored 21 points in the last couple of matctes,£10 a point,not difficult even for you Bossman.Van broke down en route,Thanks to Allan Mogridge,rider got to Scunthorpe!!

After EARNING £ 210 plus traveling for TWO meetings,nearly £4oo was paid out for van repairs.In addition to that A bike motor "pop"which adds another £300 to the bill.Can you see now Bossman ,young Brits need support all the way.You complain about entrance fee but I would rather £12 for a NL ( did you see on youtube,Shane And Ben against Scott Ritchardson vBVcolts)classic NL racing,than EL racing.The one PL SKY match has once again shown you do not have to have GP stars to have good racing.Please support you your local NL team,BRITISH SPEEDWAY CANNOT SURVIVE WITHOUT YOUR SUPPORT.!!!!!!!

You are dead right Roger unfortunatly posters on here in the main are not personally connected like you and i ,and have no idea of the work and huge amounts of money that goes into keeping these lads racing,,and it does get us mad when we feel people dont know what they are talking about..but they are still entitled to put their opinions on here so in the main we have to swallow it,,Like you i very recently got involved with a personal argument with a poster,. in hind sight i wish i had not ..I wish their were more constructive views on here it would be nice..I do however have some sympathy with those who complain about the price of admission,.. Rye unfortunatly is the most exspensive..And i do believe this is partially responsible for the low attendences at National league meetings...Having said that i agree some of the racing has been excellent....Oh and the rider you refer to has been a revellation so far this season ..Well done to all your team .. :t:

Edited by waco

Sounds to me like Bossman WAS supporting his NL team :unsure:

I thought so too... :unsure:

Edited by whippy

Yes Boss man is a good supporter...And yes occasionally an innocent comment on here can upset those involved with the stressfull side of helping to keep a rider racing particularly in the very difficult financial side of National League Racing..Although an opinion is just that ,,an opinion..And were all different with those...But seen from differing view points.....

I really feel for people who are in the sharp end of trying to mantain a rider with all that goes with generating money to keep going. True, that the vast majority on people on the forum; including myself have no idea what it costs. If it's £10 per point then it looks impossible without major outside investment to keep a "high scoring" racer going; how the lads who are scraping a few points a meeting do it I will never know. I think that supporters of speedway are a dying breed as the amount of people I come across say, "I used to go, but not anymore". Why is the million dollar question. I encourge all of us to support all we can and drag along anybody who shows any interest. I really fear for the future of speedway at all levels. The cost of riding is massive by the looks of it and the crowds are shrinking. Not a equal equation!!

I really feel for people who are in the sharp end of trying to mantain a rider with all that goes with generating money to keep going. True, that the vast majority on people on the forum; including myself have no idea what it costs. If it's £10 per point then it looks impossible without major outside investment to keep a "high scoring" racer going; how the lads who are scraping a few points a meeting do it I will never know. I think that supporters of speedway are a dying breed as the amount of people I come across say, "I used to go, but not anymore". Why is the million dollar question. I encourge all of us to support all we can and drag along anybody who shows any interest. I really fear for the future of speedway at all levels. The cost of riding is massive by the looks of it and the crowds are shrinking. Not a equal equation!!

Spot on Steeplejack,,The money is not there because there are insufficent fans.So promoters charge more to get in its a vicious circle..Result even less fans..

Edited by waco

Having been involved with two young riders over a couple of years, it is impossible without outside assistance and families make major sacrifices for the sake of the riders career and every penny of sponsorship is valued.

A new tyre costs £45. Looking down the scorecharts last night, several riders didn't earn enough to pay for that, never mind everything else.

The simple fact is that not enough people watch NL speedway, particularly at the double up clubs. I have been to Scunny for the last two double headers and half the crowd walked out after the PL match - in the case of the Saints/Stars match, very much their loss because it was miles better than the preceding PL one. Given the low gates, I'd be surprised if any double up club makes money on NL racing so you really can't blame promotions for paying the base NL rate and no more.

Its very easy to tell a promoter to cut entrance costs and so encourage bigger gates if it is not your money that is being risked. Exceptionally, though, I think that Rye House will be the loser given what it costs to go to an NL match at Hoddesdon.

As anyone who watches a broad spectrum of speedway across all three leagues will say, you get good meetings and bad meetings at all levels and from my experience I don't think that one league has an advantage over the others.

The only thing is, of course, the NL costs less.

Edited by Halifaxtiger