British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mjamin

Who's In For Team Gb

Can anyone say who the line up is for team GB

as far as I can see only Rob Mear has been annonced!

I'd have thought that Harris, Nicholls, Tai (if fit), Bridger, Barker, Kennett, King and Auty will be in the frame.

Can't blame Stead one bit, if he's good enough for Team GB then he should be good enough for a British Final spot! And Machin's arrogant and biased comments don't help. I've noting against Auty at all but the whole thing stinks.

Can't blame Stead one bit, if he's good enough for Team GB then he should be good enough for a British Final spot!

Agreed, if I was Steady I wouldn't want to ride for Team GB again.

Agreed, if I was Steady I wouldn't want to ride for Team GB again.

I agree, I don't want Stead to ride for Team GB again. :o

Seriously, Stead didn't qualify for Wolves, he didn't do the qualifier, his form this season has been bad, what has he done to justify a wildcard on a track he is bad at?

TBH, I'd not use him for he Team GB vs Oz test at Lakeside either, and I'm not sure I'd use him at Poole.

The fact that the British Final is at Wolves should be irrelevant, it ought about the best sixteen riders competing for the national title. However if Woffinden & Auty have been selected as wildcards on the basis of youth development then fair enough, but then why leave Auty out of the test matches? There's no consistency.

The fact that the British Final is at Wolves should be irrelevant, it ought about the best sixteen riders competing for the national title. However if Woffinden & Auty have been selected as wildcards on the basis of youth development then fair enough, but then why leave Auty out of the test matches? There's no consistency.

You do have a point there mate, not sure when the meetings are maybe they clash with Sheffield fixtures, which would raise other issues for the Test Match club or country, which would come first.

No clash on Wednesday spinny although there is on Friday for the Lakeside test match.

Just seen that Stead isn't in the side for the Poole meeting, am guessing he told them to stick it and they accepted.

Team is;

Harris

Nicholls

Woffinden

Kennett

King

Bridger

Barker

.....and the Aussies will line up with;

Holder

Ward

Schlein

Watt

Batchelor

Proctor

Doyle

Source: Poole speedway website.

No clash on Wednesday spinny although there is on Friday for the Lakeside test match.

Just seen that Stead isn't in the side for the Poole meeting, am guessing he told them to stick it and they accepted.

Team is;

Harris

Nicholls

Woffinden

Kennett

King

Bridger

Barker

King? :s The guy averaging 5.5 (6 with bonus)? Why not Olly Allen whos averaging 6.4 (7.1)? Stuart Robson is doing better than King this season too!

And the reasoning for the wildcards, it was down to the injured Stead, Woffy and the unlucky Auty. Look at their 2011 form. Woffy 8, Auty 5.5 and Stead 4.5. Could also do it on age, or how they perform at Wolves. I see no argument for giving the wildcard to Stead.

Edited by SCB

God knows mate, a little bit of transparency and explanation wouldn't go amiss.

I agree, Olly has been good this season from what I've seen. Controversial wild card Auty also has a better EL CMA this season.

What does it matter who is picked for GB, whoever is chosen wont beat the Ozzies its a forgone conclusion :sad: The standard of British riders is at an all-time low :sad: and there seems to be nobody on the horizon to change it :sad: Just look at Britains top rider in the GPs Harris, pathetic :sad: