British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SteveEvans

American Touring Team October 2011

Are good enough for a team GB U22?? :wink::wink:

Well i aint commenting on that Montie, I can get in enough trouble without saying any more :lol:

Well i aint commenting on that Montie, I can get in enough trouble without saying any more :lol:

Would be interesting to pick a full strenght U22GB team though,wh the hell would be in it i have no idea

We have updated our squad following last weekends USA Under 21 Championships and are pleased to announce the top three riders in the USA Under 21 Final as it stands will be on the tour.

Joining the squad are AUSTIN NOVRATIL and runner up RUSSELL GREEN. Novratil is intending to make a run at getting to at least the semi final stages of the World Under 21 Championship next season, so racing on the tour is vital in giving him enough laps in Europe. Green has been out of action for much of 2011 but he returned to the saddle in the last three weeks. During this time he has exploded into the best form of his career - aside from the 2nd place spot in the Under 21's he has made the Main at event at all of the big three USA tracks as well as winning the Victorville Best Pairs with Eddie Castro. BRYCE STARKS, winner in 2009 and 2010, came third and is also on the squad.

The revised squad is

Rocco Scopellite (15)

Austin Novratil (16)

Mike Buman (19)

Bryce Starks (19)

Russell Green (20)

Michael Raines (23)

Robbie Sauer (43)

Eddie Castro (52)

Edited by SteveEvans

Just working out average age -

If you take the whole 8 riders the average age is 25.8!!

Take out Eddie and Robbie and it comes down to 18.6 years!! icon_lol.gif

This is what the tour is about - getting the youngsters noticed.

Yes exciting names Steve but the loss of Fishback weakens you hugely. Are you planning on replacing him with another No 1 or do you think the boys will have improved enough to give the very competitive matches we've seen on nearly every previous tour?

Yes exciting names Steve but the loss of Fishback weakens you hugely. Are you planning on replacing him with another No 1 or do you think the boys will have improved enough to give the very competitive matches we've seen on nearly every previous tour?

Of course Fishback is one of a kind - I'm sure he will be back some time. Having a young team means continual improvement every event - some of the older riders (McConnell / Nicol) find their level after a match and that is what you get. Note that it's Buman, Stark's and Novratil's stage to shine on, being their third UK trip each - three trips is usually what it takes to get a rider who has it PL ready. Also note Green and Raines are very accomplished riders in the USA and come at a higher level than most of the new kids we bring over.

I think exciting times are ahead!

Of course Fishback is one of a kind - I'm sure he will be back some time. Having a young team means continual improvement every event - some of the older riders (McConnell / Nicol) find their level after a match and that is what you get. Note that it's Buman, Stark's and Novratil's stage to shine on, being their third UK trip each - three trips is usually what it takes to get a rider who has it PL ready. Also note Green and Raines are very accomplished riders in the USA and come at a higher level than most of the new kids we bring over.

Really looking forward to seeing Russell,just need to convince someone to drive me to Mildenhall now!

Looking good Steve, team looks to have a lot of ability in it, as you say usually takes a few of them a match or so to get upto speed, but with the strength in the team & the experience of being on a couple of tours be really interesting to see what Buman, Stark & Novratil do.

Sorry to say the Mildenhall race on the 9th has been postponed due to the Fen Tigers success - spare dates are needed for KO Cup and Play Offs but Chris Louis wants us next time!

Also likely the Leicester date will move forward to the 8th or 9th. Awaiting confirmation on 4 other possibilities for the last 1-2 events.

Is Kings Lynn on 5th October confirmed Steve?

May bring the van up to bandit country for this one :wink:

Unlikely I'll be free to attend the weekday ones now apart from Dudley, but hoping to get to Leicester.

Hope your hard work pays off and we see at least one of the newcomers make an impact like some of these Aussies kids do in the NL.

Is Kings Lynn on 5th October confirmed Steve?

May bring the van up to bandit country for this one :wink:

Yes, October 5th opener is confirmed and has been reconfirmed.