British Speedway Forum

I know it is a bit early to start a pairs thread, but I was just wondering when they are going to announce who is taking part and who the representatives will be for each time.

How exactly do they decide who will be taking part? Do they do it on the combined top two averages from each team?

we have kenny ingalls and peter kildeman, in for the pairs. both are flying. :shock:

Lee Complin and Kozza Smith for the bandits, flying!!

Have a feeling Berwick will miss out on the pairs again :(

Going to be an amazing meeting. Im thinking Doyle & Sedgeman for the Wasps would be tough to beat around the OTA. I dont know who Somerset would enter as Hefenbrock, Masters & Dak all fly around the OTA- If it was down to me I would pick Gathercole & Hefers. ;) Bring on June

Edited by somersetlad

we have kenny ingalls and peter kildeman, in for the pairs. both are flying. :shock:

Ingalls? Has this been announced somewhere? If this is true I dont quite understand that. Why wouldnt it be Wright and Kildermand?

Ingalls? Has this been announced somewhere? If this is true I dont quite understand that. Why wouldnt it be Wright and Kildermand?

A word of warning never believe anything that comes from Jenga :rolleyes:

We have to qualify first, not 100% sure we will make it.

But with Doyle being superb around the OTA and Sedgmen in good form and also a rider who rides the OTA well, you'd have to fancy them to do well if they took part although Lanhams come into some form and the two meetings I witnessed at the OTA last year, Somerset Vs Newport in the PT and SBT, Lanham was superb and was passing the likes of Gathercole. You can also rely on a fair few Wasps fans making the trip over if they take part.

I know it is a bit early to start a pairs thread, but I was just wondering when they are going to announce who is taking part and who the representatives will be for each time.

How exactly do they decide who will be taking part? Do they do it on the combined top two averages from each team?

At the moment the ten teams who would contest the meeting would be -

Somerset ( as hosts )

Glasgow

Berwick

Edinburgh

Ipswich

Newcastle

Redcar

Rye House

Sheffield

Workington

These ten teams have the highest averaging top two riders , whether that is the criteria or when the field is decided is anybody's guess . I also can't remember if there is a wildcard that the host side choose . I know that happened when Glasgow hosted the pairs , but i'm unsure if that is still the case .

When is the line up announced? two weeks before? week before? day before?

dont even know what the criteria is to qualify?

or do they just pull names out of a hat?

We have no idea what the criteria for the pairs is. Would it not be a good idea to announce this along with the super 7 dates pre season so we have some idea of whos riding?

They simply cannot use rolling averages for this meeting, it must be done on proper averages.

If this is the case Newport should get in as Sedgmen is averaging 8.00 and Doyle is about 7.5.

I know Sedgmen has only done 3 meetings so far but this shouldnt make a blind bit of difference, Watson was allowed to ride for Glasgow along with Shane Parker in 2007 and actually made his Glasgow debut for them in this meeting, he had been riding in the EL for Poole until this point.

And if we were to miss out and there is a wild card place, which I am pretty sure there is, Newport would be the best choice as they have a duo that could challenge for honours AND only being 45 minutes away over the bridge, would bring an extra 50 or so fans over with them.

I know Sedgmen has only done 3 meetings so far but this shouldnt make a blind bit of difference, Watson was allowed to ride for Glasgow along with Shane Parker in 2007 and actually made his Glasgow debut for them in this meeting, he had been riding in the EL for Poole until this point.

Two words. Joe Screen.

Two words. Joe Screen.

What about him? Had no chance of making the pairs last year so showed zero interest!

What about him? Had no chance of making the pairs last year so showed zero interest!

Not at all , Joe would have ridden had he been allowed . I have a feeling the rules have been tightened up after Wato was allowed to ride for us .

Two words. Joe Screen.

I make that four words and two full stops Squall ;):P