British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bellevueace

Colts V Dudley

My only reservations about this match is the state of the track, after the last stock cars it was ajoke against the iow, thats really making me think twice about this one even though i love the colts. If Howarth is fit i can see the colts turning this round albeit only by a few points as jon armstrong certainly knows his way around KL, Dudley are a strong side so hopefully the track will be better than the last time we had stocks and both teams can give it a real go, Colts to just edge it for me.

New averages out today so Colts riding order changed, there is still a doubt if Kyle Howarth riding after his crash at Dudley, late fitness test I think.

I think lineup is :

1. Kyle Howarth ?

2. Karl Mason

3. Byron Bekker

4. Adam Mckinna

5. Jason Garrity

6. Chris Widman

7. Scott Richardson

Do Heathens have new riding order?

No weather worries today, going to be fine. Hope there is going to be good turnout from Heathens fans, long time since we have seen you at Belle Vue. Hopefully they will have been able to sort track out after stock cars on Monday.

8.00 start on a Wednesday due to greyhounds not finishing till 6.30.

Edited by Rob B

Doesn't seem to be much interest in this? Do Dudley fans think they can keep it within 6?

Doesn't seem to be much interest in this? Do Dudley fans think they can keep it within 6?

Would have thought this was the glamour tie of the NL...The big names of Belle Vue and the Dudley/Cradley Heathens.

Maybe the BSPA would have been better working towards this as a cup final rather than a cup first round match?

Reckon Dudley are the NL favourites, so they should be looking to progress through this one.

I think most of the Heathens' fans are still recovering from last night's thriller. :lol:

If we gate like we did in the first 10 last night we'll be lucky to get 35 with tactical rides, and that's an honest opinion. If the boys ride like they did in the last 5 last night then we might just give the Colts a few nervy moments. But I don't think 6 points is going to be enough. BV to go through, but I hope that it's as good a meeting as we had at Monmore a couple of weeks ago and does the history of these two great clubs justice once more. :)

Not a good start here at BV.

NO FOOD other than a vending machine.

Angry isn't the word.

Angry isn't the word.

No..it`s HUNGRY :rofl:

sorry :rolleyes:

Angry isn't the word.

Didn't look very far, outside bar sells hot pies & pasties. The main food outlets not open for Colts meetings so they can pay lower rent, no way Colts could run if it was the usual £2000+ rent.

Final score 39-52 (Dudley 97 Colts 78)

Well done to the Heathens, by far the best team, Colts were poor not helped by throwing so many points away with falls and other mistakes.

Good to see a lot of Heathens fans there very vocal supporting their team BUT why do the majority loud cheer every time an opposing rider falls! Pretty disgraceful and not needed.

Some good banter all night (they really hate Garrity!) but to top it off a Dudley fan who had been mouthing off all night then swung a punch at a Belle Vue fan after the crash in heat 15, terrible behaviour!

Edited by Rob B

Awesome performance from Dudley. Well done. :approve:

Final score 39-52 (Dudley 97 Colts 78)

Well done to the Heathens, by far the best team, Colts were poor not helped by throwing so many points away with falls and other mistakes.

Good to see a lot of Heathens fans there very vocal supporting their team BUT why do the majority loud cheer every time an opposing rider falls! Pretty disgraceful and not needed.

Some good banter all night (they really hate Garrity!) but to top it off a Dudley fan who had been mouthing off all night then swung a punch at a Belle Vue fan after the crash in heat 15, terrible behaviour!

Sounds like a cracking night. :approve:

:neutral: tbh jason bought it on himself last yr after beating the heathens in the p/o, his comments about the heathen fans were well out of order and although they were taken off his f/b page no apology was said and he was winding the crowd up again in the first leg, he does seem a better rider this yr and his race with ashley at monmore was a beauty and great sportsmanship from him after, tbh 90% of heathen fans would love him in the side,them boos would soon turn to cheers.....shame about the cavemen at the end :sad::t: Edited by wembley81