British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
21st century heathen

Buxton V Dudley Heathens

Taken from the club website.

DUDLEY Heathens go in search of more valuable National League points when they travel to Buxton on Sunday (3pm).

But they will be without in-form Kyle Newman who is on Premier League duty for Newcastle and the former Cradley club will be operating the rider-replacement facility. All other team members are eligible to take his four programmed rides.

Heathens are on a fine run of results after back-to-back wins over Hackney and a brilliant Knockout Cup win at Belle Vue.

Boss Will Pottinger said: “We will miss Kyle as he has done a very good job in the last three matches, but we’ll try and utilise rider replacement as well as we can with every rider eligible to take a ride.

“We’ll certainly be looking to win of course but we want to make sure we return home with at least one league point. Buxton are a good team although they haven’t raced a lot of matches lately, which i hope might work in our favour.”

BUXTON: Guest TBC, Dean Felton, Luke Priest, Rob Branford R/R, Adam Allott, Paul Burnett, Ryan Blacklock.

HEATHENS: Jon Armstrong, Kyle Newman R/R, Richard Franklin, Tom Perry, Ashley Morris, Darryl Ritchings, Danny Stoneman

And my post on the Heathens Forum copied across.

I much prefer seeing Ash at 5. For some reason he and Tom have a habit of falling over each other when they're chasing. Rich and Tom should work well and hopefully both have turned the corner and will look to kick on for the rest of the season now. Certainly both have the ability to put a point or more on their respective average. R/R at 2 is no surprise. It's usually used to give one of the reserves a look at the track before heat 2. I would fancy going on the offensive from the off here though. I'd be seriously considering giving Morris the first outing. A strong result in heat 1 would put them under pressure immediately. I think we have a stronger team than Buxton this season so we should be targetting a win, in my opinion. :)

Yep - it's looking like this could be another "hum-dinger" of a match. Jason Garrity at no 1 for the Hitmen, and both teams using R/R. From a Heathens point of view, no complacency please - we need Armo to get the boys keyed up for this right from the off. I think the key to this match, more than ever, is "no last places". At Belle Vue, we only had 2 all night, and it really proved the point.

Our reserves could play a huge part in this match.

'Ommer 'Um

BUXTON: Guest TBC, Dean Felton, Luke Priest, Rob Branford R/R, Adam Allott, Paul Burnett, Ryan Blacklock.

HEATHENS: Jon Armstrong, Kyle Newman R/R, Richard Franklin, Tom Perry, Ashley Morris, Darryl Ritchings, Danny Stoneman[/i]

I much prefer seeing Ash at 5. For some reason he and Tom have a habit of falling over each other when they're chasing. Rich and Tom should work well and hopefully both have turned the corner and will look to kick on for the rest of the season now. Certainly both have the ability to put a point or more on their respective average. R/R at 2 is no surprise. It's usually used to give one of the reserves a look at the track before heat 2. I would fancy going on the offensive from the off here though. I'd be seriously considering giving Morris the first outing. A strong result in heat 1 would put them under pressure immediately. I think we have a stronger team than Buxton this season so we should be targetting a win, in my opinion. :)

Personally, I like the pairing of Ash and Tom together, especially when they're both on form. A potent middle order duo like Flyer Phil & Big Al! So, I'm hoping the decision of R/R at Number 2 is the only reason for the change in riding order.

As for who to use first, don't forget, everyone is eligible, so the reserves are unlikely to be used at all. Armo, Tom, Ash & Rich.

Will be a tough meeting this as Dudley are looking a good side this season and our main issue is lack of track time at home as this is our first home league meeting, i have confidence in the boys though to go out and give it their all and ###### a win.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

How's the weather in Buxton, just started raining here in wednesbury.

Looking at the webcams close by, it is overcast but dry sp hopefully you should be ok.

PS What have you done wrong in Wednesbury - it rained there yesterday but nowhere else!!

Edited by Great Central

Buxton will struggle without Branford. Dudley won't be afraid to ride the track and seem to be in really good form - can see a big away win, hope I'm wrong mind!

Any word on how the meeting is going at Buxton? Updates anywhere? Thanks.

After Ht 9, The Heathens are winning by 8 points, there was a long delay for fence repairs, and there is some rain around.Buxton 26 Heathens 34 after 10 heats.

Edited by greyhoundp

After Ht 9, The Heathens are winning by 8 points, there was a long delay for fence repairs, and there is some rain around.Buxton 26 Heathens 34 after 10 heats.

Eeek! Do we know who for? Hope everyones ok. Turning into a rough week. Will anyone be able to post individual scores at the end of the evening? Keep up the good work Dudley.

It was Luke Priest who hit the safety fence,but he was up and Ok walked back to the pits, One race to go, Heathens winning by four, Buxton nee d a 5-1 to draw, The Heathens need a 5-1 to take all four points, i predict a 3-3 in the last. :lol:

Edited by greyhoundp

HaHa, last heat drama, Ash Morris having words with the start marshall, discluded for delaying the start. Hmmmmmm me thinks a home decision..

Looks like theres some hassle at Buxton, i will copy Steve j,s twitter feed.

Tweets Favorites Following

Followers Lists

»

livsdad Steve Johnson

Ash and starting marshall have gone head to head after marshall was pushing him. Tempers frayed on and off track.

1 minute ago »

livsdad Steve Johnson

It's all very tense and it might be getting messy.

5 minutes ago »

livsdad Steve Johnson

Garrity fallen now and also out I think.

6 minutes ago » livsdad Steve Johnson

Ash had run-in with start Marshall at beginning of ht15. Disqualified by ref for delaying the start. Heathens fans outraged!

8 minutes ago

I hope everyone keeps there heads up there.

Finally race got under way, aparently Allott got a roller and won from Armo, Heathens won by three, well done guys, i can imagine how it is up there right now, there will be a few words flying around, Start Marshall and Ref will i have no doubts, be getting there parenthood questioned by a few Heathens fans. :wink:

Edited by greyhoundp