British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
21st century heathen

Buxton V Dudley Heathens

Yes, but not for the reason you think. To be quite honest I couldn't care less about the result what does annoy me is the attitude of some so called 'fans'. Why is that Dudley 'fans' seem to think it is ok to threaten other supporters and cheer when riders fall. When you have regular supporters telling you that they are frightened and have been abused all afternoon and children are scared and crying then I think I am entitled to be in a 'bad mood' as you put it. :angry: :angry: :angry:

its not dudley fans jayne it was some dudley fans.again i say its not acceptable but its not all dudley fans.i know you proberly couldnt see the actions of the start marshall from the pits if you were in the pits.but please check the video,hes actions were no better than some of the heathens fans.there was a cheer when garrity went down,again i repeat myself not acceptable but not all of us

:angry: what about the reports of garritys grandad threatening someone with a wrench...or a woman threatening dudley fans with a piece of wood... :unsure:

Yes i was stood right by it, don't get me wrong i'm not saying all Dudley fans are the same, i'm just amazed by the reaction of the ones involved.

fair comment

Exactly disgrace attacking with a wrench n threatening some one with a piece of wood but nothin much will be said bout that wil it.

We was just voicing our opinion a bad ref decision, wasn't threatening people with weapons

I am a little concerned by whats reportedly happened over this past week, there does seem to be a minority amongst the Heathens fans who seem to take things a little beyond what is acceptable, and i would hope the more sensible amongst us would have a word in their ear, Only a little point i know but when Shane Hazeldon won a heat at Monmore on Tuesday he came round to take the Plaudits of fans, a Youngish Heathens Fan, she had 2 kids with her, blatantly looked away,showed the Thumbs down and Booed, maybe i am getting old, but i was applauding the young guys efforts, bcuz mainly because of him, we were entertained to a very good meeting. I dont go to see all this FTG stuff.

If what Jayne says is true, and i have no doubts that it wouldnt be, then Heathens fans need to curb their enthusiasm, and others need to put them in their place, i hope responsible Heathens fans would be first to do this, we have a reputation gained over many years past, we dont wish to lose it, plz remember at some time in the future we may well need these supporters support with any future planning application, and accusations like this will do none of us any good. :mad:

As someone who for many years, has supported the fight for the return of speedway to Cradley/Dudley, I am appalled at the disgraceful way that a large number of so called fans behave.

I suppose you can expect a few people to behave badly, but at Belle vue last week, and today at Buxton, it was more than a few, it was more or less the majority.

For so called speedway 'supporters' to cheer when a rider falls is outrageous. How would these 'supporters' feel if a rider (heaven forbid) ended up spending the rest of there life with a serious physical disability, and they had taken great delight in cheering the accident?

To watch adults flashing V signs to riders, and the referee, is just so embarrasing. And to scream foul, threatening language to the start marshall, referee, or anyone else for that matter, is something I dont want to see at a sport that I have followed for over 40 years.

I know that last week at B.V. and today at Buxton, the referee will submit reports to the SCB.

Two weeks running crowd trouble involving Dudley fans, how do the SCB nip this in the bud??? Possibly a fine, possibly a points deduction, possibly a request that Dudley withdraw from the league.

After all the hard work involved in getting speedway back, don't let some idiots ruin it.

There is no bias, or favouritism in my post, I have enjoyed speedway at tracks all over the country, win or lose, as long as the racing is good.

And I have never ever boo'ed an opposing rider, or cheered when a rider falls (only when he/she stands and walks away back to the pits)

:unsure: never seen anyone boo niki pedersen..or tomas gollob..or fish or loads of others when they slide off? theres history from jason/dudley.. no one would like to see anyone hurt tho :rolleyes: oh..welcome to the forum :lol: Edited by wembley81

What a total discrace to the club and speedway in general the Dudley fans where today, and before i get slated no i'm not a Buxton fan just watched as a neutral,

for the second time in a week Heathens fans brought the sport to a low, after fighting on the terraces last wednesday at Belle Vue, today it was like being on the shameless film set with the most foul mouthed woman you will ever come across and a gang of thug partners gathering like a pack of dogs anywhere they could cause trouble,

to me what has always made speedway stand out from other sports was the friendly rivalry and banter.

to those involved today you let down Nigel Pearson who has done such a great job in the return of the club, been an embaressment to somebody in Chris Van Straaten's position and made a fool of all that makes speedway a good family sport, you where a discrace.

Thank You for your comments Sir/Madam but don't tar us all the same. The National League, and the sport in general, is far better for our presence than without us, and no doubt all the Tracks we visit are delighted with the extra revenue that our visit brings.

It would be foolish to suggest that we were the only Club that had an element of over zealous support and that, I'm afraid, is the scourge of many Team games with a far higher profile than ours. Rest assured that Dudley Heathens is a progressive Club with the best interests of all supporters of our hosts and visitors at heart, If there is an issue and this becomes an ongoing problem, then WE as a Club will deal with it.

Comments such as yours are unwelcome and unhelpful, be they factual or not. Remember, this situation resulted from the actions of one individual who should know better as the holder of an official position at a licensed and regulated sporting event. I hope and trust that he is entirely satisfied with his contribution to todays events and will rest comfortably this evening.

Three more points for the Heathens and we move on from todays events and look forward to the rest of our season, hopefully we shall not have any further issues like today's to deal with again.

Let us hope that all those involved in this matter are suitably proud of themselves.

Thank You for your comments Sir/Madam but don't tar us all the same. The National League, and the sport in general, is far better for our presence than without us, and no doubt all the Tracks we visit are delighted with the extra revenue that our visit brings.

It would be foolish to suggest that we were the only Club that had an element of over zealous support and that, I'm afraid, is the scourge of many Team games with a far higher profile than ours. Rest assured that Dudley Heathens is a progressive Club with the best interests of all supporters of our hosts and visitors at heart, If there is an issue and this becomes an ongoing problem, then WE as a Club will deal with it.

Comments such as yours are unwelcome and unhelpful, be they factual or not. Remember, this situation resulted from the actions of one individual who should know better as the holder of an official position at a licensed and regulated sporting event. I hope and trust that he is entirely satisfied with his contribution to todays events and will rest comfortably this evening.

Three more points for the Heathens and we move on from todays events and look forward to the rest of our season, hopefully we shall not have any further issues like today's to deal with again.

Let us hope that all those involved in this matter are suitably proud of themselves.

Not true Dudley fans had been making gestures and shouting obscenities well before heat 15. You may bring extra revenue but you also bring extra trouble. Last years events saw Dudley supporters threatening to 'sort out' Buxton riders and glass supporters. As for heat 15 is it OK for a rider from any team to hit out at an official who is just trying to do their job. Don't know if you have any sway with the club but wish you would sort the trouble makers out and solve which, from a Buxton perspective, certainly is an ongoing issue.

As someone who for many years, has supported the fight for the return of speedway to Cradley/Dudley, I am appalled at the disgraceful way that a large number of so called fans behave.

I suppose you can expect a few people to behave badly, but at Belle vue last week, and today at Buxton, it was more than a few, it was more or less the majority.

For so called speedway 'supporters' to cheer when a rider falls is outrageous. How would these 'supporters' feel if a rider (heaven forbid) ended up spending the rest of there life with a serious physical disability, and they had taken great delight in cheering the accident?

To watch adults flashing V signs to riders, and the referee, is just so embarrasing. And to scream foul, threatening language to the start marshall, referee, or anyone else for that matter, is something I dont want to see at a sport that I have followed for over 40 years.

I know that last week at B.V. and today at Buxton, the referee will submit reports to the SCB.

Two weeks running crowd trouble involving Dudley fans, how do the SCB nip this in the bud??? Possibly a fine, possibly a points deduction, possibly a request that Dudley withdraw from the league.

After all the hard work involved in getting speedway back, don't let some idiots ruin it.

There is no bias, or favouritism in my post, I have enjoyed speedway at tracks all over the country, win or lose, as long as the racing is good.

And I have never ever boo'ed an opposing rider, or cheered when a rider falls (only when he/she stands and walks away back to the pits)

What gate did Ash have in heat 15?

To have waited so long to make your first post you must be feeling very strongly Brindlew, but welcome to the forum, 21st i know you are probably trying to bring this back to the RACING, but this sort of accusation/actions must be nipped in the bud, after all Jayne is the Buxton promoter, we came back last season with lots of goodwill, slowly but surely we are losing some of that, its NO good trying to sweep these actions by a Minority under the carpet, Nigel must bring this to the fore, in the media, and make it known in NO uncertain terms in the media, that this type of behavior is totally unacceptable.

I am a little concerned by whats reportedly happened over this past week, there does seem to be a minority amongst the Heathens fans who seem to take things a little beyond what is acceptable, and i would hope the more sensible amongst us would have a word in their ear, Only a little point i know but when Shane Hazeldon won a heat at Monmore on Tuesday he came round to take the Plaudits of fans, a Youngish Heathens Fan, she had 2 kids with her, blatantly looked away,showed the Thumbs down and Booed, maybe i am getting old, but i was applauding the young guys efforts, bcuz mainly because of him, we were entertained to a very good meeting. I dont go to see all this FTG stuff.

If what Jayne says is true, and i have no doubts that it wouldnt be, then Heathens fans need to curb their enthusiasm, and others need to put them in their place, i hope responsible Heathens fans would be first to do this, we have a reputation gained over many years past, we dont wish to lose it, plz remember at some time in the future we may well need these supporters support with any future planning application, and accusations like this will do none of us any good. :mad:

Good post, it is a minority few who are the big idiots like the guy at Belle Vue who threw a punch and tried to grab Belle Vue fan by the throat BUT at Belle Vue and from what I've been told at Buxton today the majority (not all, but most) of Dudley fans were cheering every time an opposing rider fell off.

Edited by Rob B