British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vog

Knock Out Cup Semi Final Draw

Now...I'm not one to call a fix, but

Stoke v Dudley

Isle of Wight v Hackney or Mildenhall

Announced today.

The cynic in me says that there is very little chance it was drawn like that ;)

Stoke v Dudley

Announced today.

you will have to enlighten me why would this be a fix ? whats wrong with the draw??

you will have to enlighten me why would this be a fix ? whats wrong with the draw??

I said before the draw that, given proximity, would it be any surprise if Dudley and Stoke were paired together, and it came to be!

Damon I have to agree with Vog on this one.

Take the quarter-final draw:

Newport-IOW

Dudley-BV

Stoke-Buxton

Mildenhall-Hackney

What's the nearest track to the Isle of Wight? Newport. Nearest track to Mildenhall? Hackney! Then the other 4 are pretty close together anyway.

Then we have the above semis. Closest track to Isle of Wight? Mildenhall/Hackney. Closet track to Stoke? Dudley!

Now you can't tell me they all came out coincidentally like that

Edited by Islander15

Why didn't they seperate them and try to manoeuvre a big final between the 2? Lets face it the rest aren't great so you'd fancy Dudley and Stoke to win through.

Why didn't they seperate them and try to manoeuvre a big final between the 2? Lets face it the rest aren't great so you'd fancy Dudley and Stoke to win through.

I think Mildenhall will have something to say about that, especially if Heeps is allowed to ride!

Go Islanders. :t:

Stoke v Dudley

Announced today.

Ditto. I posted the following on the Cradley Forum a couple of days ago.

I expect it will be us v Stoke because I'm cynical whatsit and logistically it would be the best way for the semi-final draw to work out.

Stoke are the team to keep an eye on this season. It's going to be a very tough semi for both teams because the Heathens riders certainly aren't going to just roll over. Should be a cracker. :approve:

Ditto. I posted the following on the Cradley Forum a couple of days ago.

Stoke are the team to keep an eye on this season. It's going to be a very tough semi for both teams because the Heathens riders certainly aren't going to just roll over. Should be a cracker. :approve:

I think Stoke's top 4 can score 35 on any track (So long as they are all riding). It then requires Isherwood, Sarjeant and Reade to step up and score.

They are going to be 2 fantastic meetings though, and I can't wait for them!

Likewise, our top four could do that if they all click on the same night. What is especially pleasing about our current run of 6 straight wins is that Franklin and Ritchings have also posted double-figure scores in the last week. We're not just relying our heat leaders at the moment, we have a team quickly finding form as a whole unit. When a couple of lads have a slightly off night there someone there to pick up the slack and score plenty of points.

Yeah, I think at the moment we are carrying Isherwood, which is annoying because if he gates he is very difficult to pass, he just hasn't been gating recently.

Hopefully tomorrow's meeting against Belle Vue goes ahead as it will be a good test of where we are as a team.

Yeah, I think at the moment we are carrying Isherwood, which is annoying because if he gates he is very difficult to pass, he just hasn't been gating recently.

Hopefully tomorrow's meeting against Belle Vue goes ahead as it will be a good test of where we are as a team.

Yep agree with all those comments, but regards Isherwood, how far does the term recently stretch back to ? 2/3 seasons :wink:

Chuffed to see how well Jamie is riding for you, cant be long before he starts picking up 1 or 2 rides in the PL, i think the move away fron St Boniface arena has progressed Jamie,s career + it cant help when you have to travel some 4+ hours for home meetings.

Edited by greyhoundp

Yep agree with all those comments, but regards Isherwood, how far does the term recently stretch back to ? 2/3 seasons :wink:

Chuffed to see how well Jamie is riding for you, cant be long before he starts picking up 1 or 2 rides in the PL, i think the move away fron St Boniface arena has progressed Jamie,s career + it cant help when you have to travel some 4+ hours for home meetings.

Well, Isherwood hasn't ridden for us in an age. Averaged 8 for Buxton a couple of season back!

Interesting and true thoughts. On Sat just past, Gareth kept Robert Branford, a very good rider at this level behind for the whole race; even battled side by side to make sure he got the lead. Not sure if Branford was upset that Isherwood had done him wrong or that he kept him at bay for the race. Think Gareth will always have a problem with gating which will keep his scoring potential down. Put a fair bit of money into new machinery and with that I take he wants to do well. Good meeting at BV tomorrow if the weather holds out; working in the other direction Wednesday but with a good wind may get there.

Interesting and true thoughts. On Sat just past, Gareth kept Robert Branford, a very good rider at this level behind for the whole race; even battled side by side to make sure he got the lead. Not sure if Branford was upset that Isherwood had done him wrong or that he kept him at bay for the race. Think Gareth will always have a problem with gating which will keep his scoring potential down. Put a fair bit of money into new machinery and with that I take he wants to do well. Good meeting at BV tomorrow if the weather holds out; working in the other direction Wednesday but with a good wind may get there.

Isherwood needs to gate, as once behind he never threatens - in fact in heat 12 he held Sarge up, as Sarge played the team player and wouldn't overtake him - if he had, he may have been able to threaten Priest as Gaz wasn't.

Forecast slightly better so hopefully will be on.