British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vog

National League Pairs

well done to stoke but only the one decent race between garrity and worrall and even then there was no pass.decent first lap in the final but a part from that it was same as you were after the 2nd bend.im staying in somerset next friday but decided to travel to newport to watch the heathens but reckon i might go to the pl pairs now.track looked better than it as done over the last few years but still not good racing.maybe it was just this meeting? :(

did the alleged notorious heathens fans cause any trouble last night?

dont be silly but its a good job we turned up.i reckon getting on for half the crowd was heathens fans.theres enough people who moan about there clubs but what about making the effort and supporting the riders!!

Its ok the texer last night slagging the Dudley fans,the NL would be a worse place without them and no doubt swelled the agte last night

well done to stoke but only the one decent race between garrity and worrall and even then there was no pass.decent first lap in the final but a part from that it was same as you were after the 2nd bend.im staying in somerset next friday but decided to travel to newport to watch the heathens but reckon i might go to the pl pairs now.track looked better than it as done over the last few years but still not good racing.maybe it was just this meeting? :(

the racing as been loads better this season last nights racing was not reflective of the racing this season, i think you have to factor in the recent appaling weather a little.

It is good that we have fans in speedway that really support their team. The Duldey fans do exactly that and we need more like them.

A fair turn out of Stoke supporters last night pity there were not more but it was great that we had a couple of dozen all told and I loved to see our supporters sharing a proud moment with the riders after the Presentation.

Next Sunday 3.00pm at Stoke and 48 hours later at Monmore Green the Potters lock horns with the Heathens and I think we will see some blistering hot speedway for the right to be in the Knockout Cup Final.

Anyone en route North next Sunday from the Grand Prix would not want to miss this one either.

Finally I'd like to thank Simon Lambert and Tim Webster for their magnificent effort last night despite Tim hurting his knee and sustaining damage to his bike which was righted 20 seconds before the two minutes ended for the re-start. It was good to help Stoke to win something but be warned National League this is just the start.

Malcolm Vasey

It was good to help Stoke to win something but be warned National League this is just the start.

Malcolm Vasey

I'll hold you to that Malcolm!

Though I'm not sure if I can cope with it being close. Not used to Stoke actually challenging for anything1

Seems as not many people has I just wanted to say well done to Todd Kurtz he kept the Hornets up there in the mix and a great last heat (Last to first) Jay herne couldve done better but fans can't expect riders to score maximums every meeting or not put a tyre wrong. He didn't get injured so thats the main thing!

P.S well done to stoke though :)

No I thought they were Great, a bit like us wasps fans who can remember 1997/8/9 Brilliant ,Just a Thought on the Crowd Attendance I'm sure Being so close to Speedway's Big Weekend Affected It

What I would propose that the Pl staged at Somerset on the friday should be run with the N L best Pairs the same Night at Newport,Two very Different sets of Supporters going to the GP, Both entertained watching their Level That they are interested in, Its About Time Speedway Maximised Its Product,

Obivously someone else that has never been to a match where Dudley has been involved.

Obivously someone else that has never been to a match where Dudley has been involved.

I think you'll find he is a Dudley fan being sarcy !