British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vog

Belle Vue Vs Stoke

So, this week sees Stoke visit Belle Vue, looking for a win that would send them top of the table.

For Belle Vue, Kyle Howarth and Byron Bekker are both, apparently, missing. R/R for Howarth and a guest TBC for Bekker, while Stoke are at full strength.

Any thoughts on this one? Obviously with Howarth missing, Belle Vue are weaker, but they should not be underestimated. I would take a point from this meeting.

TEAMS (According to Stoke website)

Belle Vue: Guest TBC, Karl Mason, Kyle Howarth (Rider Replacement), Adam McKinna, Jason Garrity, Chris Widman, Scott Richardson

Stoke: Simon Lambert, Jaimie Pickard, Gareth Isherwood, Tony Atkin, Tim Webster, Ben Reade, James Sarjeant

Belle Vue have signed Charles Wright as temporary replacement for Byron Bekker (cracked shoulder blade)

Charles Wright should do a good job but without Howarth R/R could again let us down against a strong Stoke side. Hopefully the forecast of intermittant heavy showers wont affect the meeting.

Charles Wright should do a good job but without Howarth R/R could again let us down against a strong Stoke side. Hopefully the forecast of intermittant heavy showers wont affect the meeting.

Slight improvement in the forecast - only light showers during the day and dry at race time - so hopefully we should get a meeting.

Hoping the Colts can put the Dudley meeting behind them and resume their excellent home league form tonight. The signing of Charles Wright is a shot in the arm for the side, but without Kyle, they are still weaker than they would be with him. Having seen how impressive Stoke are on Saturday at Loomer Road, I feel this will be a close meeting, and it will be interesting to see how Jaimie Pickard goes - he was certainly better than his 4 point average on Saturday! C'mon the Colts. My prediction, Colts 50 Potters 40 :approve: .

Hope this meeting goes ahead, but i can only see a Potters win, The Colts badly missed Kyle last week, win for Stoke by 6.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

Hammered down in Manchester over lunch and more black clouds looming - sunny in between - hope it gets it over with and then the sun dries it enough !

I hope this is on! I think we can gain at least a point from this!

Meeting is off due to waterlogged track :-(

Certainly the right decision, very wet not a chance of a meeting tonight.