British Speedway Forum
PhilK

Mildenhall V Buxton - National League

A meeting not to be missed :approve: and the sun is due to shine. PLEASE NOTE IT IS NOW A 4.30PM START

TAKEN FROM MILDENHALL OFFICIAL WEBSITE - www.mildenhallfentigers.co

Cameron Cleared To Ride!

Wednesday, 22 June 2011 16:51 |

Mildenhall Fen Tigers have had a massive boost to their title hopes, after teenage Aussie star Cameron Heeps, was finally given clearance to ride in the National League.

The 15-year-old arrived in the country a month ago, but wasn’t able to take his place in the team until his paperwork and documentation was completed. Tigers co-promoter Chris Louis said, “It’s been frustrating that it’s taken so long but we are delighted that Cameron is finally able to ride for us. He should be in the team for Sunday’s match against Buxton and I am sure he’ll get a warm welcome from our supporters who’ve waited patiently for this to happen."

The Tigers have also confirmed that Mark Baseby has been signed as a direct replacement for skipper James Brundle, who has now left West Row to ride in the Premier League for Rye House Rockets.

“It’s disappointing to lose James as we had originally been told that he could double up. That decision has now been reversed and James is gutted that he can’t finish the season with us. But we have to accept the situation and we all wish James the best and know he’ll do well.

"Mark is a top class replacement and couldn’t wait to sign when he heard we wanted him back at West Row. He’s been impressed with the progress his brother Aaron has made and loves the feel good factor at the club, especially the atmosphere created by the fans, who’ve played a huge part in his decision to return to Mildenhall. I’m certain he’ll do a great job for us."

The team changes mean there has been a shake-up in the Fen Tigers riding order for this Sunday's clash against Buxton. Jack Hargreaves switches to Number 1 and will be partnered by Aaron Baseby. Danny Halsey and Lewis Blackbird stay at 3 and 4 with Mark Baseby coming in at 5. The reserves will be Cameron Heeps at 6 and Joe Jacobs at 7.

Louis concluded, “I’m happy we have a strong 1-7 as we come into the busy and crucial part of the season. I’m sure we’ll have a big crowd eager to see the new boys in action against Buxton on Sunday."

James Brundle’s departure means the National League meeting against Buxton at West Row on Sunday 26th June now reverts back to it’s original start of 4.30pm with gates opening at the usual time of 3.00pm.

Revised Tigers lineup: 1. Jack Hargreaves, 2. Aaron Baseby , 3. Daniel Halsey , 4. Lewis Blackbird , 5. Mark Baseby ©, 6. Cameron Heeps :cheers: , 7. Joe Jacobs

Thats FANTASTIC news :party: What a joy it will be to see this wonderful talented 15 year old ride for Mildenhall on a regular basis. If only there was British young riders around with his super talent but sadly there are none. So exciting days ahead for Mildenhall although losing Brundle will be a big loss.

Any news on the Buxton seven for Sunday?

Any news on the Buxton seven for Sunday?

I think they are due to be released soon after new evidence in their favour was found :blink:

I think they are due to be released soon after new evidence in their favour was found :blink:

Where's the "like" button :rofl:

Taken from the Mildenhall Fen Tigers website, this is the Buxton side for Sunday, looks a good side cannott really understand why they have not done better this season so far.

Buxton Hitmen

1. Ben Taylor

2. Dean Felton

3. Luke Priest

4. Adam Allott

5. Robert Branford

6. Paul Burnett

7. Ryan Blacklock

Well we had to wait along time to see Cameron, but on this showing he is an exciting addition to British Speedway. His gating was not as bad as I was led to believe, but his craft on a bike and passing ability was there for all to see.

Mildenhall now must have the best reserve pairing in the league and that should stand us in good sted as we get into the business end of the season.

Too many falls when leading (three in the first four races)on a dificult track meant we were always up against it against a useful Buxton side. Jack Hargreaves in particular took a nasty fall in heat one which resulted in him having to withdraw from the meeting, but thankfully he wasn't badly hurt.

Mark Baseby on his debut looked fast but struggled to get to grips with the track and fell twice when in good positions, he will surely improve.

For Buxton Robert Branford was excellent value, and Adam Allott looked good when he gated.

Another good crowd on a sweltering afternoon and it's 6 out 6 at home :approve:

Highlight of the day was Norwichkevs visit to the ice cream van, possibly the longest journey seen at Mildenhall Speedway :rofl:

Edited by PhilK

It was a bit like speedway in the greek islands yesterday, had to find shade otherwise I was in danger of passing out, so firstly well done to all riders on an interesting track at times but also in those tempratures it cant have been easy, well maybe thats why the aussie lads did well they are used to racing in such tempratures. Robert Branford certainly looks a good prospect and rode excellently for Buxton I certainly cant recall a 15pt max by a visiting rider before.

The value of having such a good reserve pairing was shown yesterday after losing Jack Hargreaves in Heat 1 his next 3 rides still scored 5 thanks to Joe Jacobs and Cameron Heeps,good to see Jack apparently ok later on as originally it looked rather nasty with the bike hitting him after he fell.

Mark Baseby,s return to racing was a bit painfull hitting the ground more than once, but he got it together in the all important heat 13 and will only improve with more racing, but coming back as a heat leader with no racing this season is a big ask. Daniel Halsey is a rider who is impressing more each week scoring 10 yesterday.

Much was said before Cameron turned a racing wheel in this country, well the way he went round the outside of Ben Taylor to win heat 11 showed the boy has got a big future in this sport,and from his interviews he sounds a very sensible mature lad for 15.

The promotion must be well pleased with the atendances this season, no doubt there were a few extra there yesterday to have a look at a certain aussie, but they probably went home just as impressed his fellow countryman.

Quality first up effort from Cameron looked assured on the bike and attacked the track from the start.

Obviously the track staff had started to water early and to have a mid afternnon meeting on a warm day

and have very little dust and two good racing lines still in heat 15 was a credit to them.

All finished off by a nice spread of food for the riders, mechs and staff, and a well needed cold pint of lager.

I can see why people are turning up in good numbers.

Darrell Branford

A good start by Cameron Heeps, but wouldn't it have been better to have given seven rides to Joe Jacobs, 2 from his last 2 rides wasn't that good, the way Joe Jacobs riding at home i would have given him 7 rides.

What a sensational debut from the fantastic young Cameron Heeps with paid 15 :party: Given too many rides in my opinion for such a young lad of 15 when put in heat 15. No wonder he failed to score must have been cream crackered, why not Joe Jacobs he was very impressive if not the stylist that super Cameron is. Riding at reserve next season for the Witches will be a joy for all genuine Witches fans and watching his progress, so unlike one of Witches reserves this season who is going backwards :mad:

What a sensational debut from the fantastic young Cameron Heeps with paid 15 :party: Given too many rides in my opinion for such a young lad of 15 when put in heat 15. No wonder he failed to score must have been cream crackered, why not Joe Jacobs he was very impressive if not the stylist that super Cameron is. Riding at reserve next season for the Witches will be a joy for all genuine Witches fans and watching his progress, so unlike one of Witches reserves this season who is going backwards :mad:

Please take your anti Jerran Hart feelings back to the Ipswich thread where you are so loved !, Please feel free to give opinions on Mildenhall on Mildenhall threads.

Please take your anti Jerran Hart feelings back to the Ipswich thread where you are so loved !, Please feel free to give opinions on Mildenhall on Mildenhall threads.

Very sorry if Ive offended you in any way but Im only stating the true facts as was very clear to see yesterday at West Row. Nothing Ive said is not the truth so wheres the harm in it, thats life if you abuse it. Heeps will be at reserve for Witches next season I have no doubt have you?

Very sorry if Ive offended you in any way but Im only stating the true facts as was very clear to see yesterday at West Row. Nothing Ive said is not the truth so wheres the harm in it, thats life if you abuse it. Heeps will be at reserve for Witches next season I have no doubt have you?

I dont care this is a Mildenhall thread not an Ipswich one so your opinion is not relevant to the NL asection.