British Speedway Forum

We wre sitting lower tier 3rd bend and there was a scuffle with some fans,no idea what it was about but a couple of them got thrown out,the poles seem to leave when Gollob got knocked out.

There was a fair few scuffles that broke out , mainly between Edinburgh fans when it was one of them to buy a round at £4 a pint . :shock:

There was a fair few scuffles that broke out , mainly between Edinburgh fans when it was one of them to buy a round at £4 a pint . :shock:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That's the Scottish for you. Wouldn't give a door a bang.

Edited by ImpartialOne

Doesn't bother me if it is not at Cardiff anymore, not as great as some make it out to be. Hope the event moves to a track in easterly direction as may stand a (slightly) better chance of going. Kings Lynn would be great venue IMO for a British Grand Prix.

Haven't missed a British GP and to be perfectly honest i wouldn't lose any sleep for it to be moved away from Cardiff. Half empty stadium, depressing city centre, hotels far too expensive, rubbish track that since it doesn't cut up has no overtaking. Far too costly and need to go back to a proper sized stadium. Why Wembley? There are several Football clubs with a 40000 capacity that could and would stage it. why not Hampden Park at least it's a Speedway City with a realistic capacity

Cardiff has bee awful for several years just hyped up by sky and IMG

Haven't missed a British GP and to be perfectly honest i wouldn't lose any sleep for it to be moved away from Cardiff. Half empty stadium, depressing city centre, hotels far too expensive, rubbish track that since it doesn't cut up has no overtaking. Far too costly and need to go back to a proper sized stadium. Why Wembley? There are several Football clubs with a 40000 capacity that could and would stage it. why not Hampden Park at least it's a Speedway City with a realistic capacity

Cardiff is depressing. The one off track is bad. So take the meeting to cosmopolitan Glasgow with a one off track? :unsure:

And what does the price of a hotel have to do with anything? I go to 40-50 meeting meetings a year and stay in 0 hotels. If people choose to stay over night, well thats up to them.

Glasgow a speedway city but Cardiff not? 45,000 watched speedway in Coventry in 2010, I doubt that many people go to speedway in Glasgow in a year, even if you count people 30-odd time for every meeting they attended.

Do agree the track was better when it used to rut up though.

Do agree the track was better when it used to rut up though.

Better for who??

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Rye House as an alternative for the British GP.

So what if the Millenium Stadium is in the city centre and gives you access to all the pubs and bars, so what that it has a retractable roof that provides an electric atmosphere and no possibility of a rain off...you can get fish and chips at Rye House.

Sometimes you just have to laugh at posts like this. Ridiculous.

I think people tend to view Cardiff through rose tinted spectacles as it's by far the biggest Speedway event we have. If the event had been at another large stadium in another city for the past ten years and the idea was suggested of moving it to Cardiff I imagine many would say it couldn't possibly be as good. People just get comfortable with what they are used to and don't like the risk of change.

I actually believe that there are a number of venues in a number of cities that could have temporary tracks fitted and provide just as good a product as Cardiff has. That isn't reason to move away from Cardiff at the moment. But, if for any reason the Millenium Stadium is no longer availabe I don't see it as being the end of the world.

There are several Football clubs with a 40000 capacity that could and would stage it. why not Hampden Park at least it's a Speedway City with a realistic capacity

Which grounds would these be that are willing or able to allow their pitches to be either partly ripped up or covered over and yet still guarantee that the meeting will be on whatever the weather? Can't think of any off hand. Hampden is no longer the stadium it was when the Tigers rode there. COMS took out the athletics track.Old Trafford?The Emirates? Don't think so.

Yep they reckon this will be the last this year and the next couple will be held at Hampden Park in Scotland .

If they can't use the Millenium Stadium for the Grand Prix in June 2012 because of the Olympic Games, the same thing would apply to Hampden Park in Glasgow also an Olympic venue in 2012.

If they can't use the Millenium Stadium for the Grand Prix in June 2012 because of the Olympic Games, the same thing would apply to Hampden Park in Glasgow also an Olympic venue in 2012.

Phew!

St James Park would be a great venue for a Grand Prix.

As long as it didn't rain and you could manage not to get your head kicked in for looking at some Geordies Bird in the Big Market.

How about a return to Bradford (Odsal)? After all, it may also 'kickstart' a possible return of Speedway to the area for league racing!

How about a return to Bradford (Odsal)? After all, it may also 'kickstart' a possible return of Speedway to the area for league racing!

If only!! As good as this sounds I think its "flogging a dead horse!"...pity though as was my local track and boy was it a Great place to be wednesday nights during the 70s..Steve Wilcock, Gary Petersen the Sheldrick brothers ah!!!!!!!!!!!!their White and blue tops flapping in the wind!

Love Cardiff as its always going to be a runner even when raining :) Hope they can get a contract sorted soon.