British Speedway Forum
alan_boon

British Grand Prix, 25/06/11

considering your supporting a Poole race jacket, I will disregard your point of view as biased.

<personal abuse removed>

Average sort of meeting IMO. A few decent races but this is supposedly a meeting with the top 16 riders in the world so why doesn't the racing reflect it?

I thought the racing was pretty close at times, but I think you answer your own question perhaps. As these are the top riders in the world, once the first bend is over, unless a rider makes a mistake or goes off-line it's all over, and as these are the top riders in the world, they dont make those mistakes too often.

BRILLIANT GREG!!

Ha Ha Pedersen, if you'd concentrated on racing rather than stopping others you would have won that one! Ha Ha! Keep it up for the rest of the series please!!

No he wouldn't. Pedersen had next to zero chance of winning the final from gate 1, he rode a superb 1st turn to give him a chance to do it, and in fact managed to get 2nd place. No complaints from the other riders either.

Don't understand how some are moaning to be honest. Thoroughly enjoyed that meeting and there was some absoulutely fantastic cut throat racing.

<personal abuse removed>

Clearly that is your prerogative, and when I watch it again I may change my mind, but there were clearly elbows between NP and Holder, to me NP did not appear to go offline, but like I say, I need to see it again, and Holder appear to be leaning in. If I am wrong I am wrong, but you seem to have not really justified your opinion other than saying I am wrong and insulting me.

Disgraceful Final decisions by the Referee. To start with the race should have been called back because ES go a flyer. Then NP once again pushing all the riders out wide. I think with GP's there are now such thing as first bend bunching as somebody has to be blamed for causing the stoppage. i would have thrown out NP

Nevertheless every body wants to see a final with all four riders

Get a grip. Its a GP final, in the most prestigious GP event of the year. Pedersen did nothing wrong either running of the final. He rode hard, as did the others. As someone else said, Holder tried to come across him, Pedersen was having none of it. NEITHER of them were at fault.

Agree that race should have been pulled back in the first instance and also that should have been all 4 back.

Clearly that is your prerogative, and when I watch it again I may change my mind, but there were clearly elbows between NP and Holder, to me NP did not appear to go offline, but like I say, I need to see it again, and Holder appear to be leaning in. If I am wrong I am wrong, but you seem to have not really justified your opinion other than saying I am wrong and insulting me.

Why do I need to justify my position? I wasn't the one running my mouth off making spurious claims about who was at fault. It was a hard first bend, all four back would have been the correct decision.

Guys.. its quite simple.. they were both not going to give an inch. Neither was at fault and it is fantastic to see such full blooded, committed racing like that.

No he wouldn't. Pedersen had next to zero chance of winning the final from gate 1, he rode a superb 1st turn to give him a chance to do it, and in fact managed to get 2nd place. No complaints from the other riders either.

If he'd focussed on turn round bends 1 and 2 a bit sharper he would have stood a much better chance than the tactic he chose.

Why do I need to justify my position? I wasn't the one running my mouth off making spurious claims about who was at fault. It was a hard first bend, all four back would have been the correct decision.

A discussion forum is about opinions and debate. I made my case, and I justified my reason for my opinion, that is hardly running my mouth off.. you simply tell me I am wrong and insult me. I may be wrong in my belief, but at least I am prepared to explain why I have my opinion, you don't.

Neither was at fault and it is fantastic to see such full blooded, committed racing like that.

My point exactly

A discussion forum is about opinions and debate. I made my case, and I justified my reason for my opinion, that is hardly running my mouth off.. you simply tell me I am wrong and insult me. I may be wrong in my belief, but at least I am prepared to explain why I have my opinion, you don't.

Wow. :rolleyes:

I thought it was pretty decent too, perhaps not as good as last year but decent. Didn't see anything wrong with Pedersen's first bend, was a bit of class off the awful gate one. Bjerre wasted a great opportunity having had first choice of gates in his semi, looked really quick during his heats too. Well done to Hancock, would prefer to see some new faces winning GP's but all credit to him :)

If he'd focussed on turn round bends 1 and 2 a bit sharper he would have stood a much better chance than the tactic he chose.

How?

Did you watch the other races in the meeting? Without doing what he did Pedersen would have been swallowed up down the straight as the other two would have had far more speed out of the corner.

I thought it was a very entertaining meeting. I'm really not sure what some fans expect. Gollob was found out tonight,he seemed to have got over his Cardiff jinx last year, but tonight he was back to normal.

Bjerre and Lindgren demonstrated that they are the biggest bottlers in the Gp series,yet both of them so good on their own tracks.

Meanwhile,the 41 year old Hancock goes marching on!

How?

By turning left maybe!!