British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vog

Stoke Vs Dudley

correction to this statement it was never an ambulance that was not there it was a paramedic,without one nothing can go ahead,not even a parade

with bikes

griffo

Wot a complete farce. Well done to stoke but that aside was a shambles. Didnt enjoy bakin in the sun for hours. Terrible day it was for me.

:t: well done vog..you got your thirty points :blink: and that is the biggest drubbing we,ve had since newport last year :cry: and i thought we would give you a match :blink: stoke look a good side, very impressed with jamie pick, webbo and sarg, ca,nt see us pulling it back BUT it aint over yet :nono: not gonna dwell on the paramedic mess but by 4 30 you couldnt get a cuppa or can of pop or water..all gone.. :o bet they,re still counting it now..12 15am.. :P farcical at newport fri, stoke sunday...wonder what kings lynn have got in store for us weds :(

well done vog..you got your thirty points :blink: and that is the biggest drubbing we,ve had since newport last year :cry: and i thought we would give you a match :blink: stoke look a good side, very impressed with jamie pick, webbo and sarg, ca,nt see us pulling it back BUT it aint over yet :nono: not gonna dwell on the paramedic mess but by 4 30 you couldnt get a cuppa or can of pop or water..all gone.. :o bet they,re still counting it now..12 15am.. :P farcical at newport fri, stoke sunday...wonder what kings lynn have got in store for us weds :(

I never in a million years thought we would hit a 30 point lead! I honestly thought that it was going to be closer, maybe 8-10 points in it, setting it up nicely for the second leg. I think with the riders we have, we should have enough to get through (Especially given that Webster and Pickard are used to the tight tracks, and Sarjeant used to ride for you!)

Still, I wouldn't begrudge you being 24 points up going into heat 15 :P

:t: tell you what...with the side you have, all the stay away fans are missing out on a good season, scunny,mildy,colts,dudley,stoke and maybe hackney look good for the playoffs,and you have the best pairs in the league,not so bad really eh !! :cheers:

Fair play to the Stoke side - they rode far better than the Heathens, and deserved a huge win. Every rider from 1 - 7 looked the part, and we never got a look in. However, seious questions need to be asked for the sake of the reputation of speedway. I have followed this fantastic sport for over 40 years, and it angers me when people view it as a "mickey mouse" sport. It is a fabulous sport, and has just about everything. But yesterday showed us quite clearly that there are people who let the side down badly, and seem uncapable of organising a speedway meeting.

To the Stoke riders - you gave us a display yesterday of how a team can ride together when you are all on form - a big well done to all of you. To the Stoke management - you are a complete joke and should be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves. You gave speedway a bad name yesterday.

'Ommer 'Um

Ommer Um ? - you got Pottered ! :)

Once underway a great meeting....for a Potters fan...some great races too - Heat 12 was the best with all 4 riders neck and neck. Also once under way there were no red lights, no crashes (which is always a relief) - no stoppages - except for watering/ grading - good job really otherwise we would still be there !

Not the best meeting I have seen this season :( Far too many processional races on a slick, hard & dry track and Stoke's gating technique was far superior to Dudley's, hence the big win.

Biggest crowd I think I have ever seen at Loomer Road in about 15 visits :approve:

The apparent 'misunderstanding' between the promotion and medical staff suggests to me that the two hour delay was probably the fault of Stoke Speedway. Have to say I wasn't bothered too much because Bluejam and I spent most of it reminiscing about past times and closed down speedway tracks as he, Vog & I turned progressively redder.

Speaking of Vog, he seemed rather stunned at his teams performance (certainly quieter than usual :t: ) and I had to smile at one Dudley fans comment as he watched his team ripped apart in the early heats:

'Two @@@@ing hours baking for this sh@t'

Edited by Halifaxtiger

I have to say, after all the aspertions cast about the travelling Dudley fans on here - they were very well behaved and good natured, despite the ridiculous delays - which would have given them good cause to vent steam !

For those who think it was just a "misunderstanding" that the meeting was delayed, please look at the referees comments at the end of this article in the Stoke Sentinel. http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Speedway-Medic-delay-threatened-meeting/story-12839821-detail/story.html

If I was a Dudley fan I would be looking for at least a partial refund.

Edited by iannewsman

We were outclassed and out gated by a much better Stoke team. Were not a bad bunch, just passionate about our team, so when we go to most tracks and out number the home fans by 10 to 1, were so much louder and stand out. Many Elite league promotors would love the amout of support we receive. Home fans are intimidated by us so choose to hate us. But we can live with that.

From the link posted above.

"Speedway meetings cannot start without a qualified paramedic or doctor and the paramedic did not arrive. It seemed the paramedic had not been notified of the meeting or start time.

"It's not for me to say if there will be any repercussions, that's for the Speedway Control Board to sort out."

Oh dear, what an embarrasment for the club and based on those comments I would suggest the ref's meeting report is likely to reflect his displeasure as he acknowledges there could be further action. I doubt he'd have said that if he felt the club were not at significant fault here.

And what an embarrassment for the Heathens too. Slick and dry, deep and grippy or wet and slippery that's a shocking result by what is a very competitive team. That said I have repeatedly pointed out what a threat I think Stoke can be this season. I'm rather annoyed they chose to prove me right against my own club though!! Congrats Stoke. That's a cracking result for your lot. There's no way we can turn this one around but I'll be looking for all of our riders to restore some pride and make the aggregate score more respectable in the return fixture tomorrow. :)

We were outclassed and out gated by a much better Stoke team. Were not a bad bunch, just passionate about our team, so when we go to most tracks and out number the home fans by 10 to 1, were so much louder and stand out. Many Elite league promotors would love the amout of support we receive. Home fans are intimidated by us so choose to hate us. But we can live with that.

I think hate is a strong word. I liked how passionate about your team you were, to the point of cheering a 4-2 in heat 15 when 32 points down! I just wish there were more teams whose fans were as passionate. The issue comes, and will always come, when one or 2 individuals mistake passion for agression (And I am not suggesting that anything like this happened at Stoke!)

I saw someone at Loomer yesterday in a red Greg Hancock T Shirt - I assume they got it from Cardiff - does anyone know if can be got elsewhere - googling has only come up with a different white one.

Thanks