British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vog

Stoke Vs Dudley

So, I presume both teams will be at full strength?

Looking forward to this, and the return on Tuesday, as they should be 2 very close meetings!

In an ideal world, Stoke to win by 30 tomorrow, but I can't see it happening! I think Stoke by about 8, meaning the second leg could be interesting!

Anyone popping in on the route back from Cardiff?

I very rarely miss a meeting but just before setting out I phoned my brother to say I was giving this a miss due to a dodgy tummy prob due to the Cardiff over indulgence.I am so glad I didn't bother.what a joke.

So, I presume both teams will be at full strength?

Looking forward to this, and the return on Tuesday, as they should be 2 very close meetings!

In an ideal world, Stoke to win by 30 tomorrow, but I can't see it happening! I think Stoke by about 8, meaning the second leg could be interesting!

After 3 heats I think Stoke might win by more than 30 :(

Wow.

I'll ignore the first 2 hours. According to the announcer the Paramedic didn't turn up, so they had to find another one. Thankfully it was a lovely warm day and not raining!

Now, onto the performance. Wow. That was a powerhouse performance from Stoke. Dudley did themselves no favours with a complete inability to gate, and Stoke took advantage.

Nice to hear Malcolm talk about the job being half done, and taking nothing for granted, but we have given ourselves a fantastic chance to make the final.

what a farce,good job weather was decent,what would have happened if this was an evening meeting? would they have waited 2 hours and start it at 9.30pm and finish at 11pm,i think not,i suggest the stoke promoters/management remember to book paramedics in advance in the future,fair play to stoke when it eventually got started,they were on a different planet from the gate,i cant see dudley overturning this 30 point deficit on tuesday evening,but who knows after today-would anyone have predicted such a huge stoke victory,i for one didnt.

Fantastic win for the Potters, on a personal level nice to see Simon Lambert and James Sarjeant having good meetings, James is certainly making up for an indifferent season last season and I would imagine that the win today would have been sweet after what happen to him at Dudley last year.

On the downside questions need to be raised about how the Stoke promotion organise themselves, to have a meeting delayed for 2 hours is unacceptable.

I think this issue has arisen on here before, surely if an emergency occurs an ambulance will attend that? Or was it a case of crossed wires with the booking of it?

I think this issue has arisen on here before, surely if an emergency occurs an ambulance will attend that? Or was it a case of crossed wires with the booking of it?

I can only go by what was said by Malcolm on the center green, and that was that the paramedic hadn't turned up. Whether that was due to crossed wires or not I have no idea. I would hope something will be said by the promotion.

EDIT:

Taken from the Stoke website:

Tattum said “Unfortunately there was a mis-understanding between the promotion and the medical staff and I’d like to apologise to the supporters and riders and thank them all for their patience, both sets of supporters and riders were a credit to the sport and we are now investigating what went wrong in order to make sure nothing like this happens again. I’d also like to thank the SCB referee Willie Dishington also for his patience and help during the situation.

I hope everyone enjoyed the afternoon’s action once the meeting got underway and again thank you to everyone for their patience.”

Edited by vog

Wow.

I'll ignore the first 2 hours. According to the announcer the Paramedic didn't turn up, so they had to find another one. Thankfully it was a lovely warm day and not raining!

Now, onto the performance. Wow. That was a powerhouse performance from Stoke. Dudley did themselves no favours with a complete inability to gate, and Stoke took advantage.

Nice to hear Malcolm talk about the job being half done, and taking nothing for granted, but we have given ourselves a fantastic chance to make the final.

Yes,ignore the 1st 2 hours,I was in the very good company of yourself and Halifax Tiger!! :lol: Got so use on my visits to Stoke with the generator packing up and the lights going out,sun-breaks,refs who're so fat they can't get up the ladder to the box,and today no paramedics at the track!!It can't happen anywhere else except Loomer Rd.Even though an enjoyable afternoon,and I'll be back to watch the Potters when they get to the KOC Final! :wink: