British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ben Alderton

Speedway World Cup Team Line Ups

Sayfutdinov should be given no option but to ride tonight, or face a ban from the next Grand Prix.

On what basis? In no way is he obliged to ride.

The Russia situation is a total farce - if I had bought an advance ticket I would be demanding my money back.

It will be interesting to see how Kelvin and Scoop explain this one away on Sky tonight.

Surely the Russians should have been replaced by another country to at least guarantee 4 riders in every race - for instance I'm sure that 5 Americans could have been assembled to represent Team USA - they would probably have not scored many but at least there wouldn't have been a blank in their team - or give the last placed team from Saturday another chance to qualify - lack of notice is no excuse as this situation has been common knowledge for a couple of weeks now.

The Russian Federation should be banned from this competition for eternity as they have shown utter contempt for it.

Wolfie

Purely as a matter of interest cos I don't think it will happen. Should Russia qualify for the race-off would they be allowed to field 5 riders? Would the FIM intervene?

A rather misleading list. Most of the above riders only missed riding in the SWC due to either injury or being retired from international speedway. How many of the above opted out of the World Cup when only 21 years old?

Sayfutdinov should be given no option but to ride tonight, or face a ban from the next Grand Prix. He's let down the fans.

All the best

Rob

Maybe Emil has retired from the SWC?

Just as riders are perfectly within their rights not to ride for their league clubs if they do not get paid, the same applies to riding for your country. And it dosen't matter whether that rider is 21 or 41 years old.

Many young riders have plenty of debts early in their careers as they establish themselves. Just because a young rider is successful dosen't mean he can afford to pay for travel and hotels for himself and his support team for a few nights in a foreign country, out of his own pocket.

If I don't get paid, I don't work. Should be the same for riders.

I see no difference between what Emil has done and what Lee R did.

I think they are wrong but can understand why they did it.

Britain could barely field 5 riders at the start of this season as both Bomber and Scott were thinking of doing what Lee did. The Brit under 21 team rode with 4 riders a year or two ago. Should they have been banned?

It's a massive dissapointment as Russia are one of the teams that could have won the SWC but they will be lucky to qualify with this team.

The SWC needs to sort this issue out and ensure this does not happen again or the sport will look mickey mouse to an observers :rofl: I meant MORE mickey mouse of course.

C'mon the Czechs!

Show 'em how it's done Big Fil.

SO am i correct in saying emil isnt riding because of a money issue? If so i dont know where roman p is based but how comes hes making the effort to get to kings lynn?

It'll be interesting to see the effort put in by the Russians tonight. Where would Bondarenko rather be on Thursday night? Earning money riding for Leicester or losing money riding for his country. This scenario probably wont happen, as i think the Czechs should scrape into 3rd place.

I am a big fan of Sayfudinov but there can be absolutely nothing other said about his refusal to ride that it's a total disgrace...: and one he'll take a long time to live down,..

Clearly the young man needs far better people advising him..

Gafurov had no meeting for Poole after Wednesday, the same as Saifudinov at Coventry, yet he lines up at Kings Lynn tonight and Saifudinov doesn't.

Gafurov probably earns a fraction of what Saifudinov earns in a season yet makes the effort for the sport, his country, the BSI, the fans at the stadium and those watching at home.

Shame on Saifudinov. Total disgrace with misplaced principles. But it looks like money is more important to him than anything else.

Gafurov had no meeting for Poole after Wednesday, the same as Saifudinov at Coventry, yet he lines up at Kings Lynn tonight and Saifudinov doesn't.

Gafurov probably earns a fraction of what Saifudinov earns in a season yet makes the effort for the sport, his country, the BSI, the fans at the stadium and those watching at home.

Shame on Saifudinov. Total disgrace with misplaced principles. But it looks like money is more important to him than anything else.

Could I ask if you would hold the same attitude if Emil had signed for Poole as opposed to Coventry?Every person has a right to withold their labour if they deem they are being unfairly treated.All speedway riders risk their lives every time they race and therefore who in their right mind would do so if not being paid or criticise those that do not?

Purely as a matter of interest cos I don't think it will happen. Should Russia qualify for the race-off would they be allowed to field 5 riders? Would the FIM intervene?

From an earlier page in the thread.....

It remains to be seen if the Laguta brothers are victims of a 'force majeure' and allowed to race in subsequent rounds. However, from the reasons i've seen given for Emil Sayfutdinov's non-appearance, according to the 2011 World Cup Regulations he'll be banned from riding in the later rounds.

The regulations are pretty similar or the same as the ones for the Grand Prix, will Laguta appear in that series again this year?, all down to how they define 'force majeure'.

078.3.3 Entries

Riders, who have been entered by their FMN for the SWC Final Tournament and

refuse or are unable to take part, shall be deemed suspended for competing

internationally for a period of 1 day before to 1 day after the SWC Final

Tournament concerned. Furthermore, they shall be considered ineligible for the

SWC of that season.

Riders who have been nominated by their FMN to participate in the SWC Final

Tournament must participate therein unless prevented from doing so by injury or

illness or other « force majeure ». A suitable qualified medical practitioner must

certify injury or illness in writing to that effect.

In the case of a « force majeure », the International Jury of the meeting will

decide on their admission.

If the absence of the rider is truly justified and accepted by the International Jury,

he will be accepted to re-enter the SWC Final Tournament.

Regulations available here http://www.fim-live.com/fileadmin/alfresco/Codes_et_reglements/SpeedwayCup_en.pdf

Could I ask if you would hold the same attitude if Emil had signed for Poole as opposed to Coventry?Every person has a right to withold their labour if they deem they are being unfairly treated.All speedway riders risk their lives every time they race and therefore who in their right mind would do so if not being paid or criticise those that do not?

Makes no difference. This has absolutey nothing to do with either Poole or Coventry. If a rider is announced to ride for their country ( rather than in the case of Richardson and Team GB) then they should ride and the problem sorted out AFTER the meeting. Then, if funds are not forthcoming, announce they are not going to ride well before the next meeting.

The other Russians are riding. What makes Saifudinov different to the other guys who put their country further up the list? BSI should ban him from the remainder of the GP series IMO.

The SWC needs to sort this issue out and ensure this does not happen again or the sport will look mickey mouse to an observers :rofl: I meant MORE mickey mouse of course.

I agree with you that the FIM should sort this out, so that it doesn't happen next year.

Unfortunately, the paying public are short-changed again, IMO

:cry: