British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ben Alderton

Speedway World Cup Team Line Ups

Bridger has let himself down with his showing last night and even more so with his comments on twitter.

He undoubtedly has the talent to do well in this sport, certainly better than he showed last night, but he needs to get his head on straight, forget about looking "spectacular" coming out of the bends and start performing.

Presumably, Lewis does read this forum, and if so if the above makes me two faced, or "not a proper fan" then so be it, but frankly, last night you didn't look like a proper speedway rider. Get your head out of your backside, and go and do the job we know you are capable of.

Bridger has been gobbling off for weeks about why he should be in the team rather than that he should have let his riding do the talking and last night was his chance to show the speedway world how good he can be and he blew it big time and his comments on twitter shows him for what he really is .

I just looked up the word 'Bridger' in the dictionary and its defined as 'overrated tool' and 'arrogance far outweighs talent'. :rolleyes:

If previous 'incidents' with this plonker (and there are quite a few!) weren't enough evidence then this latest behaviour just shows what a complete moron he is! :nono:

Did people expect anything else??

GBs team was made up of 1 established heatleader (Harris), 2 third heatleaders (Woffinden & Kennett) and two second strings (Barker and Bridger).

A very poor team.

Thats what they are in the British which in itself is a very weak league. in stronger leagues Bomber is a second or third heatleader at best. Tai is a reserve and Kennett has only just started in Europe as second string, Bridger got dropped and i'm not even sure if Barker rides out there yet.

Maybe Bridger and Barker should try to get a contract with a club in Allsvenskan in Sweden (the second league). They are not good enough for the elitserien but could get good training in Allsvenskan. Allsvenskan nowdays includes riders like AJ, THJ, Zorro, Jonas D, Simon G, Mikael Max, Dennis Andersson, Danil Ivanov, Ty Proctor and Patryk Dudek. I guess its not wellpaid but it gives atleast a possibility to ride outside GB and that is what I think both Bridger and Barker need to get to a higher level.

Mr Bridger might have something to learn from Freddie Lindgren who just twittered:

Just seen the crash from last night heat 16 and I must say well done and thank you Tai. That could have ended up nasty. Stupid move by me.

Mr Bridger might have something to learn from Freddie Lindgren who just twittered:

Just seen the crash from last night heat 16 and I must say well done and thank you Tai. That could have ended up nasty. Stupid move by me.

Proof of what a class act he is... :approve:

Thats what they are in the British which in itself is a very weak league. in stronger leagues Bomber is a second or third heatleader at best. Tai is a reserve and Kennett has only just started in Europe as second string, Bridger got dropped and i'm not even sure if Barker rides out there yet.

Not correct bomber is vastervik's top averaged rider In the Swedish league this season !

The thing is, people are having a go at these riders now but in a week's time when they go back to winning mediocre heats in the Elite (ha !) League then they will all be hailed as world beaters and heroes again which does them no favours at all.

I was just coming on to post this...classy man our Fred! :t:

It would be good to support Lewis Bridger but his behaviour and attitude's prevent that. If he doesn't grow up soon he'll be out the sport, who would want to speak to him. lets hope he matures quickly.

Barker rode really well and should be proud of his performance, as should Bomber.

Tai has loads of talent but seems to be falling off all the time whilst Kennett is a good domestic rider but isn't yet good enough at international level.

Dont blame Middleditch, he cares, but you aint winning anything with that team

It would be good to support Lewis Bridger but his behaviour and attitude's prevent that. If he doesn't grow up soon he'll be out the sport, who would want to speak to him. lets hope he matures quickly.

Barker rode really well and should be proud of his performance, as should Bomber.

Tai has loads of talent but seems to be falling off all the time whilst Kennett is a good domestic rider but isn't yet good enough at international level.

Dont blame Middleditch, he cares, but you aint winning anything with that team

Talking about maturing-Its good to see how Troy Batchelor handles himself in the interviews recently.

When it comes to the Polish tracks, nearly all of them are big and you have to throttle going in to the corners nearly at a consistent rate, like you do at Sheffield.

Last night every time Kennett went in to a bend he got so far forward over his handle bars and shutting off he was basically jamming the brakes on, and people were sailing past him, until he cracks tracks like the polish ones, he will never be a class rider. Barker on the other hand was doing really well in my opinion, and as Bridger said 'They really think Barker will be better than me in Gorzow?' Well yes Lewis, yes he was!

Bomber was really showing he's still Britains best by a distance. Woffinden needs time and he could get there too. Need some serious investment in the youth though if we are ever going to win the World Cup in the next 10 years.

Bomber was really showing he's still Britains best by a distance. Woffinden needs time and he could get there too. Need some serious investment in the youth though if we are ever going to win the World Cup in the next 10 years.

I believe you may have missed a nought off your suggestion !!!