British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ben Alderton

Speedway World Cup Team Line Ups

Not correct bomber is vastervik's top averaged rider In the Swedish league this season !

thanks for correcting that i couldn't find up to date stats for sweden.

how are the other 4 doing in sweden ?

When it comes to the Polish tracks, nearly all of them are big and you have to throttle going in to the corners nearly at a consistent rate, like you do at Sheffield.

Last night every time Kennett went in to a bend he got so far forward over his handle bars and shutting off he was basically jamming the brakes on, and people were sailing past him, until he cracks tracks like the polish ones, he will never be a class rider.

I noticed that too and it was disappointing as he is better than that..... Ed is ever improving though and I don't doubt he will work it out eventually...just like he has with the big tracks in the UK now

Guest JoLouBurn

Impartial One - My husband has done it too but for safety reasons and i'd advise you tell his cocyx that it Wouldn't result in damage or injury.

Coma - Agreed shale and tarmac cause two different kinds of damage. Sliding gave me some nasty grazes and burns.

Bwithcher - 'ask a rider'. Now theres an idea - oh wait a minute i didn't pluck my opinion from thin air!!

Oh the fans of speedway are a fickle crew! Ben Barker from zero to hero in a couple of days!! It's no wonder Lewis Bridger and others address some as 'not true fans'. I've never seen so many fair weather fans gathered together as i have here.

And just as an aside which i wont go into too much here since a discussion has been opened on it elsewhere. I note that noone has cared to mention that Lewis apologised for his vent.

Edited by JoLouBurn

my pictures from PRACTICE at Kings Lynn >> HERE

Brits dissapointing.

Bomber and Barker deserved their places but the rest were as effective as Russia's #5 on Monday night.

As far as Bridger goes a blank space would be preferable. Should never have gotten ride #3

Russiamns even more dissapointing.

Expected a really tight battle for 2nd but it never really happened.

Should be a good final though.

Impartial One - My husband has done it too but for safety reasons and i'd advise you tell his cocyx that it Wouldn't result in damage or injury.

Coma - Agreed shale and tarmac cause two different kinds of damage. Sliding gave me some nasty grazes and burns.

Bwithcher - 'ask a rider'. Now theres an idea - oh wait a minute i didn't pluck my opinion from thin air!!

Oh the fans of speedway are a fickle crew! Ben Barker from zero to hero in a couple of days!! It's no wonder Lewis Bridger and others address some as 'not true fans'. I've never seen so many fair weather fans gathered together as i have here.

And just as an aside which i wont go into too much here since a discussion has been opened on it elsewhere. I note that noone has cared to mention that Lewis apologised for his vent.

looks like your stay here is going to be entertaining ;)

I should imagine everyone has noticed the other thread... and the posts in that thread where the apology was quoted.............

Ben Barker was also being supported by others.......... the thing with forums is that you get differing opinions ... some could see the benefit of ben now and in the future... others didnt..... IMHO the great thing about Ben is that he learns and overcomes both on and off the track

Edited by spook

Guest JoLouBurn

looks like your stay here is going to be entertaining ;)

I should imagine everyone has noticed the other thread... and the posts in that thread where the apology was quoted............. and my opinion is that the apology alone isnt enough... he should not even think it was an option to vent so publically about team GB matters (something he has been doing for 2 weeks now)... let alone start on fans with abusive language........... please show me another sport where this would happen and he would get away with it

Ben Barker was also being supported by others.......... the thing with forums is that you get differing opinions ... some could see the benefit of ben now and in the future... others didnt..... IMHO the great thing about Ben is that he learns and overcomes both on and off the track

I've posted in the other thread so won't go over my 'opinion' here again :)

I know Ben was supported by fans in the other thread. My point was those who did a turn around and said Ben shouldn't be there until last night when he then became their hero - fickle much.

Entertaining can equal annoying where i'm concerned. I openly admit i am one highly opinionated female :o

I know Ben was supported by fans in the other thread. My point was those who did a turn around and said Ben shouldn't be there until last night when he then became their hero - fickle much.

fickle? No, just admitting they were wrong.

I don't think anyone had gone from not liking him to now liking him as a result of a decent SWC performance.

Guest JoLouBurn

fickle? No, just admitting they were wrong.

I don't think anyone had gone from not liking him to now liking him as a result of a decent SWC performance.

Thats not what i said, i never mentioned liking or disliking him.

I said they went from 'he'll do nothing he shouldn't be there' to 'what a hero, he did good and Lewis shouldn't have been there'.

I thought Ben did a good job,a bit unlucky at Kings Lynn and rode well in the race off whereas Kennett looked fast at Kings Lynn but woeful in the race off.Ben certainly made Lewis eat his words,i am better than Barker rant.

As for the final,i would like the Aussies to win as most of them ride for my team and even Crumpie is still an asset i believe but to be fair Schlein should ride in the final,Watt looked off the pace in the race off.

Guest JoLouBurn

I'm rooting for Denmark now but would quite like to see the Aussies win it too. Can i root for both lol?

Aussies have such team spirit, gr8 bunch of guys.

I've posted in the other thread so won't go over my 'opinion' here again :)

Entertaining can equal annoying where i'm concerned. I openly admit i am one highly opinionated female :o

yes I realised and edited what I had posted before you replied..... now posted in other thread

I'm rooting for Denmark now but would quite like to see the Aussies win it too. Can i root for both lol?

Aussies have such team spirit, gr8 bunch of guys.

Demark are the value bet,8-1 with ladbrokes.

Guest JoLouBurn

Demark are the value bet,8-1 with ladbrokes.

I'm a bit of a loser on the betting front this season, i've backed Chris Harris every GP.

I truly believe he can do it though so will continue :)

Of the British side, this was completely as I expected. There was a minor fantasy they could have got 2nd, but it was only because the joker - probably rightly so - was done early. Sweden and Australia were going through all day long, and there are no prizes for guessing that.

Well done to Barker and Harris. The rest, hmmmm. Coventry fans have been getting in a flap this season with his form as if he is world class. Sadly he has been found wanting in SGP Qualification and SWC. He'll remain a robust EL heat leader, of the Simon Stead variety. Steady has come close to SGPs. Kennett has always been very poor on Polish tracks. Will turn 25 this year, and there are not many seasons to turn it up.

Woffinden. What is going on? Going backwards, and getting lots of falls. I would suggest that if he had not turned British, he would not be in the Australian side? I am pleased for Troy Batchelor once again, feel he is very underrated and overshadowed.

I'd have Crump, Holder, Ward, Batchelor, Schlein, Watt, Sullivan ahead of Woffinden. Was it the personal toll of last year and sudden promotion to SGPs? Have injuries knocked his confidence? Has turning British meant he could take it easier for events? Certainly well behind his peers in World Speedway age group. Would be an absolute travesty if Woffinden gets a GP Wild Card next season. If there is a British one, it will go to Harris. Whilst not a British Champion, and has had a few dodgy meetings this season which he attributed to back room turmoil, he has shown that he can mix it with the best this week.

I agree with Sam Ermolenko about equipment, all Brits - Nicholls - included, should take a long hard look at what they want to invest. Sick of hearing them complain that they haven't found a set up for new silencers, or their motors are too slow. Harris has made changed, albeit I am almost as uninspired by Mark Courtney as I am Sean Wilson.

Perhaps for the SWC next season, BSPA will get them all nicely tuned engines from one guy - maybe bring someone into the British Set Up - with engine tuning experience. Middleditch and Morris lack inspiration or experience at the top level. I would like to see a team management of a international class rider (Louis or Loram) to look after the riders and their approach with a world class engine tuner / manager to get the best out of the equipment, maybe even keep Middleditch as cheer leader, team bonder. Problem is it costs money.

Finally, with Bridger, Barker and Kennett at war if you believe the Daily Echo, perhaps it is time to remind them that they have worked together, VERY WELL, and gained the ultimate prize in British Speedway - League Championship - at Poole. Perhaps Rosco can create team harmony where Middleditch cannot. Or maybe he kept Bridger away from press and twitter.

Good post!

What about someone like Michael Lee?

Hes an excellent tuner,could be in the pits with the team and hes been there,seen it done it?

Just a thought?

Oh yeh hes books good too lol!!