British Speedway Forum

Was excited about last weekend three speedway meetings been saving up for them.First Stoke called off,Buxton bad track prep Belle Vue bad track prep.Saw two rubbish meetings hardly any good races,cost me around 60 pounds not going again. :mad: Makes me want to move backj to Plymouth.

Choose where you watch your speedway more carefully in future.

Stoke was called off on the Friday night, Buxton's track has been tripe all season, and Belle Vue's track has never been that good. Had you chosen Wolves on the Monday, for example, it would probably have been better!

Buxton's track has been tripe all season

No, no, no. Sunday was, to quote a speedway fan of many decades, "The worst I've ever seen...no, Doncaster was probably worse, but this is a disgrace."

Feel free to show us how its done then. :neutral:

If I knew how to prepare a track, then I would. However, this isn't my area of expertise. Surely Jayne, with the greatest of respect, you must realise that the track has been awful for a few weeks. How you remedy this, I don't know, but it needs to be sorted.

If I knew how to prepare a track, then I would. However, this isn't my area of expertise. Surely Jayne, with the greatest of respect, you must realise that the track has been awful for a few weeks. How you remedy this, I don't know, but it needs to be sorted.

Well as we have not done anything any different to any other week then I am at a loss also. Unfortunately Buxton being in the position it is is open to the elements which have a great effect on how the track rides and we cannot control that. The way we feel at the moment don't think it will be a worry to anyone much longer but hey ho thats life.

Well as we have not done anything any different to any other week then I am at a loss also. Unfortunately Buxton being in the position it is is open to the elements which have a great effect on how the track rides and we cannot control that. The way we feel at the moment don't think it will be a worry to anyone much longer but hey ho thats life.

I usually call things how I see it but Buxton is one of the very few tracks that cause me to pause before I am critical, and that's because of the regard that I have for the job that you, Richard, Jack and others do up there. We all know its run on a shoestring and rarely have I seen speedway fans so united in their pleasure at a team being successful as they were when Buxton made a virtual clean sweep last season.

The thing is though that that track on Sunday wasn't just bad, it was positively dangerous and in all my visits I don't think I have seen it like that before. The almost universal criticism was, in my view, fully justified and that simply has to change.

I'll be there this Sunday (weather permitting) and would be the first to make comment if it has improved.

I usually call things how I see it but Buxton is one of the very few tracks that cause me to pause before I am critical, and that's because of the regard that I have for the job that you, Richard, Jack and others do up there. We all know its run on a shoestring and rarely have I seen speedway fans so united in their pleasure at a team being successful as they were when Buxton made a virtual clean sweep last season.

The thing is though that that track on Sunday wasn't just bad, it was positively dangerous and in all my visits I don't think I have seen it like that before. The almost universal criticism was, in my view, fully justified and that simply has to change.

I'll be there this Sunday (weather permitting) and would be the first to make comment if it has improved.

Fair point but two things if it was that dangerous why did the referee continue with the meeting and why did both sets of riders continue riding. Someone should have put a complaint to the referee and refused to go out if it was that bad. Its not much use complaining after the event (and Im not just talking Buxton here) those in charge ie captains, team managers should make themselves heard to the referee if things are that bad. Did anyone actually do that?

Fair point but two things if it was that dangerous why did the referee continue with the meeting and why did both sets of riders continue riding. Someone should have put a complaint to the referee and refused to go out if it was that bad. Its not much use complaining after the event (and Im not just talking Buxton here) those in charge ie captains, team managers should make themselves heard to the referee if things are that bad. Did anyone actually do that?

Not that I am aware of, no.

I think for riders to stop riding circumstances would have to be absolutely exceptional - I certainly can't recall the last time a meeting was stopped half way through because of track conditions that weren't due to rain.

This is what Michael Lee had to say in the Mildenhall website:

'The track conditions were very disappointing and the falls and crashes caused by that, lost us at least seven points. It's shame as, if the surface was right, it could be a great little speedway.........But to be honest, in the end I am just glad the boys are all in one piece after riding on a track like that.'

I really hope you can sort it out a bit because you both deserve better than getting all this flak.

sometimes the truth hurts. the realality is the track needs sorting out and thats down to the promotion. as the saying goes"theyres none so blind as them that wont see"