British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Stoke V King's Lynn

No interest in this? Come on the Young Stars!

Stoke to win by about 20.

Yes, there will be updates, so long as the weather holds up.

Im interested Baggy.

Stoke meeting preview can be found here

Pickard & Webster against Hughes & Cockle should provide interesting racing, whilst the young stars less experienced riders always give a good account of themselves and are very entertaining.

However with Stoke at full strength can see the Young Stars, having a long night. Rambo could well get a max in this one.

Stoke 58 Young Stars 34

Edited by shirlmeister general

Teams (According to Stoke website)

Stoke: Simon Lambert, Jaimie Pickard, Gareth Isherwood, Tony Atkin, Tim Webster, Ben Reade, James Sarjeant

King's Lynn: Kyle Hughes, Lewis Kerr (Rider Replacement), Tom Stokes, Jake Knight, James Cockle, Liam Rumsey, Stefan Nielsen

Where's Olly?

All the best to the YS & speedy recovery to Scott and Lewis

Edited by TMW

Looking forward to seeing Stefan, thats the lad who was at Sheff/Scunthorpe earlier in the season?. Not heard of Rumsey, new to the sport?. Weather great in Stoke at moment; hope for a good close meeting, how Cockle and Hughes go will prehaps decide if it's close or not; unless there is a STAR in their ranks that I don't know about. Safe meeting for all.

I know Kerr is injured but where are Rayson & Campos? Looking at those sides I'd imagine the Young Stars will do well to keep Stoke under 60. Good experience for the younger lads though and that's what it's all about.

Edited by Bagpuss

Just read Malc's thoughts in the local press and agree with what he has to say about the stay away's having a go at National racing.I have been massively inpressed with the standard and quality of racing this year at Loomer Rd; so lads/girls ;it's a nice evening, nothing on the tv; dancing does start till 11 so come on down and see the lads. I know events off the track have not helped Stokes profile but the track lights should not be needed tonight, although that "sun break" looks on the cards. Come on the Potters!!!

Not the best meeting that I've seen but positives to be draw. Stefan looks like he could become a very good speedway rider. Great out of the tapes and on a very difficult track he did well. James continued his very impressive form along with the usual suspects of Jamie, Tim, old man Tony and Simon. Gareth is probably a little disapointed he isn't scoring more but is plugging away. Ben is trying very hard and no complaints about his application. Put the 3 points in the bag and move on.

Was there a specific reason why there was no proper parade? Was it a one-off or is it always the case at Stoke? (It's been a few years since I last went, and I honestly can't remember whether they had a parade or not)

I'd personally like to see parades made compulsory at this level.

Not that it would have mattered on this occasion, as Stoke look superstrong round their home patch on this showing and the Lynn side is not the strongest with all their injuries, but would've created bit more of a "level playing field".

Not the best of meetings I've ever seen but there were some decent battles once the track dried off and became less tricky.

Good to catch up with the infamous Vog again! :wink:

Was there a specific reason why there was no proper parade? Was it a one-off or is it always the case at Stoke? (It's been a few years since I last went, and I honestly can't remember whether they had a parade or not)

I'd personally like to see parades made compulsory at this level.

Not that it would have mattered on this occasion, as Stoke look superstrong round their home patch on this showing and the Lynn side is not the strongest with all their injuries, but would've created bit more of a "level playing field".

Not the best of meetings I've ever seen but there were some decent battles once the track dried off and became less tricky.

Good to catch up with the infamous Vog again! :wink:

You must have been near me too as Vog was stood with us during the racing !

Parades are rare prior to the meeting at Stoke - if we have one it's usually to buy time whilst the generator is fixed, Doc arrives ;)! I think after all the criticism of past couple of weeks they wanted to make sure it went off on time !

Exactly how does a parade level the playing field ?

Edited by ChubbyCheshire

You must have been near me too as Vog was stood with us during the racing !

Parades are rare prior to the meeting at Stoke - if we have one it's usually to buy time whilst the generator is fixed, Doc arrives ;)! I think after all the criticism of past couple of weeks they wanted to make sure it went off on time !

Exactly how does a parade level the playing field ?

Didn't notice your horn on Saturday!!!. What a parade allows is the visiting riders a chance to get a few starts and a chance to speed the bends a bit. Doesn't level the playing field but helps out the riders a bit to the way the track is set up. May be a few would of changed a few settings on Saturday as it was very grippy early on. Poor Kyle looked like a novice in the first race, because he was caught out a little or doesn't like that type of track. Well done Potters, pity James fell in heat 15; would of liked to see him take on Hughes and Cockle.

Edited by Steeplejack

What a parade allows is the visiting riders a chance to get a few starts and a chance to speed the bends a bit. Doesn't level the playing field but helps out the riders a bit to the way the track is set up.

Which is why some tracks have stopped it ;)