British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TMW

Colts V Heathens

When did you last race competitively at Kirky lane?

seems like you just want to come on here and talk crap.

garrity and howarth had no problems (garrity actualy doing 2 laps with a broken seat !

the track was over gripy to start with but all heathens did was moan and say they dont want to ride(with the exeption of 2), when it would have been more constructive to work with the track man to help there cause .

in my opinion the meeting was a complete shambles because heathens came with a we dont want to ride attitude and because the ref didnt grab it by the neck and make definate decision , he should have said its on your riding! or its off your not ?

if conditions are difficult riders should adapt nobody wants to see injurys but you carnt just say i carnt come in flat out im not riding ?

speedway is a dangerous sport and you have to ride acording to conditions .

big steve puts a lot of time and probably money into the colts and its good to see the colts in the nl .

the only real looser is british speedway again

riders must make an effort to work with track staff if they do have a problem if it carnt be sorted fare enough but you carnt just say i dont want to ride with out giving it a go !

i will probably get stick for this post but thats my opinion

intresting banner in the crowd :party: ommer em heathens :rofl:

The sooner Belle Vue move to their new stadium the better ! Then riders & fans would no longer subjected to this bloody awful track !!!

I had been really looking forward to this meeting and was so disappointed by what was served up. The National League is a fantastic product and I have seen great meetings and racing over the years, but this meeting could serve as the death knell for this level of racing at Kirky Lane. How many people are going to pay to watch the next meeting if last night is going to be replicated again? Time for a re-think by the promotion for track prep at this level, and track prep in general I would suggest. :unsure:

Take you wasn't there with such stupid comments, have you not been reading about the amount of crashes. Tom Perry was taken to hospitial on a spinal board (thank god its nothing serious). Ashley Morris, Jon Amstrong and Kyle Newman all injured. What do you want to do, ignor such conditions and carry on till theres a serious injury or worse. Theres a lot of kids in the national league, tracks need to be prepared to a standard. Referees have to listen to riders, any fool could see the track wasn't safe. Belle vue fans next to us were saying its always the same the track. Hard to develop as a rider injured. Wasn't very entertaining as a supporter of either team, that awful display wasnt speedway, and made Belle Vue a JOKE to the sport.

thing is it takes too teams to make a race meeting if the other team wont ride or have a negative attitude then its difficult .

glad toms ok but his crash was first bend incident and could have happened what ever the track conditions , we go to speedway to see racing why didnt dudley work with track staff to gain a happy medium insted of just saying not intrested dont want to ride track surfaces can be changed as it was proved in the second half of last night its just a shame dudley didnt want to ride ,

kings lynn didnt used to have this problem when track was like a potato field with no air fence the riders just adapted to conditions and put on an entertaining show ! if you went to watch man u v arsenal and man u walked out because the pitch was wet what would happen ,you could argue its different which it probaly is right as kids trying to break in to football play on uneven fields in all conditions rain shine or snow,

they dont say its not smooth as a babys arse like old traford or wembley

we should throw our dummies out they just adapt to conditions and play accordingly . same with formula 1 when there learning in karts they dont say oh we carnt drive its raining and theres a bump in the track ! its not like silverstone lets walk out....!

they just adapt and race on useing common sense

Ur a complete idiot. Maybe armo didnt wanna ride cus already tom, ash n newman ha pulled out, didnt want any more injuries to our boys did he. Rider safety comes first

kings lynn didnt used to have this problem when track was like a potato field with no air fence the riders just adapted to conditions and put on an entertaining show !

Really? All I remember is fans, including home fans, complaining about boring meetings with massive home wins.

-------------------------------------

I find it strange that on the Updates Forum the track was described as slick, but now it seems it was rough and grippy. So what was the track actually like? Was it hard, slick, rutted with holes and bumps or was it piled high with too much dirt which made it too grippy? I also find it strange that some have said the Heathens boys didn't want to ride it even though it was fine in their opinion. If it was just a case that there was some dirt on it our boys would have been perfectly happy. It's well documented that our gating is inconsistent at best and absolutely awful at times so we rely on a track with a bit of dirt to be able to out-race the opposition.

------------------------------------

Although I don't moderate this section I would just like to offer a gentle reminder to some members on both sides of the debate that we have rules that you've all agreed to when you signed up. By all means debate the meeting and post your opinion, whatever it may be, but no personal abuse please. :)

Ur may get stick gunner cus ur bein an idiot which stupid comments

like i said i made a constructive opinion you dont have to agree or disagree.

if a team came to dudley an refused to ride youd have a riot on your hands !

in coventry which and with mean different things is that not the case in cradley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :t:

kings lynn didnt used to have this problem when track was like a potato field with no air fence the riders just adapted to conditions and put on an entertaining show !

I think you need to compare like-for-like.

King's Lynn is a big, wide track, whereas Belle Vue is small, tight and often tricky (even for some EL riders!). If the track curators add lots of grip, that along with inexperienced riders is a mixture that will rarely end well.

A bit of common sense goes a long way.

Best wishes to all of the injured riders.

Fair enuff u do av ur point.

A riot, a why is that. U tryin to say we atr out of control. Your just being silly now aint ya. We r just thinkin of riders safety and it would be the same if it was at monmore

scott richarson lost his foot rest in heat 2 when he clipped the fence...thats why he was wobbling about all over the place. forgot to say last night that race should have been stopped when portwood laid his bike down when richardson lost control due to no footrest...that was ridiculous the way the referee let it carry on

I wasn't aware of that and it certainly accounts for his astonishing riding in that heat. For what its worth, I completely agree with your suggestion regarding Portwood's lay down - it was clear he thought Richardson was going to fall.

No offence to Ken but he is getting quite old now, maybe bit confused.

Most of the time they try and have racing finished by 10pm as goodwill to local residents but the official curfew set by the council is 10.30 and has been for 20+ years.

As for why didn't they carry on till exactly 10.30, Dudley had no riders in heat 13 what was the point doing more 2 rider races and annoying local residents more.

The thing is Rob I really don't see how a meetiung can be abandoned due to curfew (and that is what we were told)when the curfew hadn't been reached. That's bizarre.

Its true Armstrong & Howarth wouldn't (or couldn't)ride but there was no reason why Portwood and Johnson might not have replaced them.

If the meeting wasn't abandoned due to the curfew, why was it abandoned at all?

I think, right or wrong, you have to trust the referee. He's going to have all sorts of people in his ear putting forward their agenda but he has to make the final decision. If a rider feels unsafe then he should be allowed to withdraw, with consequences decided by his club. It sounds like it was a difficult track to say the least, but everyone who rode it (and survived to ride another day) will have learned somethig very important to their development as a rider.

For example - Craig Cook is a rider who learnt his track craft at Buxton, not an easy track.

It's no good giving NL riders 'easy' tracks to ride. No wonder they struggle when they try and progress to the PL. I should imagine that the young Aussies learn their trade on far mor difficult tracks/ground than our youngsters. That's probably why they adapt much easier to any track they ride. Aussie youngsters, with fewer opportunities to ride in meetings, probably also practice the basics such as starts. No wonder they come over and find NL tracks - some specially prepared for NL racing - much easier to ride and do not have as many problems adapting to trickier tracks when they move up to the PL.

I agree with you both to certain degree. The referee simply has to be the man making the decision on continuing or not and any riders refusing to ride after that deserve censure, whilst young riders should learn to ride both slick and grippy tracks.

That, however, should not be used as an excuse for the failure to produce a racing strip that is nothing more than merely 'rideable' - and that after extensive grading following heat 5 & heat 7. All tracks have a duty to prepare a decent surface for racing and, when they don't, they deserve the criticism that comes their way. That duty doesn't just extend to rider safety but to paying spectators who expect to see some sort of entertainment for their money, not the farce we saw last night.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

I find it strange that on the Updates Forum the track was described as slick,

My fault on that one. :(

I was doing the updates and only had a quick look - which was completely inaccurate.

As soon as racing started you could see that there was a lot of material on the track and that it was rough, grippy and patchy.

Wasn't the track an 8pm start due to greyhound racing in the afternoon?

Not much time between 6.30 and 8pm to sort the track out.

I still think that riders should be taught to ride any track as part of their track craft. I'm sure that's what the young Aussies do...

Wasn't the track an 8pm start due to greyhound racing in the afternoon?

Not much time between 6.30 and 8pm to sort the track out.

They`ve had 9 days since the last meeting to sort the track out..how much time do they need ??

intresting banner in the crowd :party: ommer em heathens :rofl:

Must have been interesting to actually have a crowd.