British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TMW

Colts V Heathens

Having read various comments about the state of the track, the number of accidents and the curfew being broken, the ref seems to have overstepped their authority on safety and the local law! Curfews are put in place by local councils and they are a planning condition, this has been abused and can potetionaly revoke the stadium licence. The scb need to make refs accountable for their over inflated opinions of themselves and what is right in law and not in their god like hands!!!!

The curfew is a bi-law, the referee or the promotion of belle vue could possibly be fined or charged with breaking the law!

The curfew is a bi-law, the referee or the promotion of belle vue could possibly be fined or charged with breaking the law!

I dont what your on but Rob B said the curfew at BV is at 10:30 heat 12 was finished by 10:22, so whats your problem?

If it's 10:30 fine, but it's a bit strange how tracks who have houses further away than bv are set at 10pm! Despite the curfew the ref has obviously never been on a bike, they were falling like dominos and that's the main issue, rider safety wasn't taken into account for ALL riders!

Seems an odd night and hope any injuries are minor. Would be good to hear what occured from someone who was there.

Just got home from tonights meeting. All i can say is, what a complete inept display of track preparation from the Belle Vue track staff! What a complete inept display of officiating from tonights referee and what a complete lack of respect for the safety of some of this countries up and coming riders of tomorrow by some of BVs management and riders. It was clear from the off that the track was not fit for racing at any level, let alone this one. Should of been called off after heat 4 IMO when it was clear the riders were having trouble staying upright. Almost left after heat 7s farcical goings on, but only stayed due to being in converstion with someone who i had not seen for a while. Left after the next heat as i was convinced someone would be seriously injured. Thats the first time in over 55 years of watching speedway that i have both left before the end and been convinced someone would end there career due to theconditions of the track!

This league has been set up to help young riders progress to the next level of their career. But tonight did nothing to help anyone progress their careers! A very sad night for British Speedway!- IT REALY WAS THAT BAD. :mad:

If it's 10:30 fine, but it's a bit strange how tracks who have houses further away than bv are set at 10pm! Despite the curfew the ref has obviously never been on a bike, they were falling like dominos and that's the main issue, rider safety wasn't taken into account for ALL riders!

Well, rider safety is a perplex issue, a referee may deem a track to be ok after for example,extensive track work. However, referees could say a track is safe, when like tonight it proves that it may not be, but the riders, whether they agree with the referee or not, have just got to get on with it.

Curfew is 10.30 at Belle Vue.

Thanks Rob. Obviously I retract that part of my previous.

---------------------------------------

Thanks to chad too for the first report from someone that was there. :)

Well, rider safety is a perplex issue, a referee may deem a track to be ok after for example,extensive track work. However, referees could say a track is safe, when like tonight it proves that it may not be, but the riders, whether they agree with the referee or not, have just got to get on with it.

what an absolute ass of a remark, this is about peoples lives you are talking about here

I' m not having a pop about the curfew I didn't know what it was. Your right about safety but surely common sense has to be a part of the decision.

what an absolute ass of a remark, this is about peoples lives you are talking about here

Obviously, but if Dudley were concerned about the condition of the track, why didnt they ask for a track inspection before the start of the meeting to iron out any underlying issues they had towards their riders safety?

Edited by LFC1892

was the track ideal for national league racing tonight.....no, it was bit too grippy to start with

was the track dangerous as those on here making out.....NO

problem is belle vue has been known in the past as being a slick track... last week the track was very grippy and lakeside riders struggled tonight it wasn't as grippy but still more grippy then it use to be and the dudley riders struggled badly. personally I think the track was too grippy for national league racing but riders complain when its slick so you lose both ways

you had to attack the track... thats was riders like howarth, garrity, mckinna, perry were doing and had no problem. hope perry is ok by the way... nasty crash... hope the trip to hospital is just a precaution.

the riders that were shutting off the throttle going into the bend we getting into the difficulty

the big heat 7 crash had nothing to do with that track... that was just a tight first bend crash that could have happened anywhere... all 4 back was right call but if you had to exclude someone it would have been perry as he rode into the side of widman

the problem then was jon armstrong... a rider of his experience should have been riding track like that no problem... but he poisoned the other dudley riders with his negative attitude... glad the other dudley riders came out leaving armstrong to sulk.

feel sorry for the dudley fans with the late finish... most were better behaved this time although still some louts causing trouble... couple of dudley fans having big argument between themselves by pit gate and had to be split up by security

was the track ideal for national league racing tonight.....no, it was bit too grippy to start with

was the track dangerous as those on here making out.....NO

problem is belle vue has been known in the past as being a slick track... last week the track was very grippy and lakeside riders struggled tonight it wasn't as grippy but still more grippy then it use to be and the dudley riders struggled badly. personally I think the track was too grippy for national league racing but riders complain when its slick so you lose both ways

you had to attack the track... thats was riders like howarth, garrity, mckinna, perry were doing and had no problem. hope perry is ok by the way... nasty crash... hope the trip to hospital is just a precaution.

the riders that were shutting off the throttle going into the bend we getting into the difficulty

the big heat 7 crash had nothing to do with that track... that was just a tight first bend crash that could have happened anywhere... all 4 back was right call but if you had to exclude someone it would have been perry as he rode into the side of widman

the problem then was jon armstrong... a rider of his experience should have been riding track like that no problem... but he poisoned the other dudley riders with his negative attitude... glad the other dudley riders came out leaving armstrong to sulk.

feel sorry for the dudley fans with the late finish... most were better behaved this time although still some louts causing trouble... couple of dudley fans having big argument between themselves by pit gate and had to be split up by security

When did you last race competitively at Kirky lane?

Edited by Butch