British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
milky

Speedway In Lasvegas?

Always wanted the grand prix to be held in vegas in one of the many huge hotels. Not quite Grand prix but hopefully a start. http://www.lasvegass...-motorcycle-ra/

Can't see it myself ..to much of a gamble .

From the press release

"The motorcycle equivalent of Formula One racing, speedway involves five riders on the track racing at speeds of up to 70 mph."

Noise won't be a problem, the airport is directly north and a freeway directly south. Great location only a couple of minutes drive from the middle of the Las Vegas strip.

American races often have five riders.

It's looking very likely this track will be running this year. It is a very exciting project and would be a big time deal.

Speedway and Vegas is a perfect match and would be a nice closed season holiday for Brit fans.

Edited by SteveEvans

It's looking very likely this track will be running this year. It is a very exciting project and would be a big time deal.

Speedway and Vegas is a perfect match and would be a nice closed season holiday for Brit fans.

It will be superb if it does indeed come to fruition. Please can you keep us up to date with any developments positive or negative.

Can't see it myself ..to much of a gamble .

Can't swear to it, but I seem to remember hearing that BSI were discussing a GP in Las Vegas some years ago.

They have still got to get past the dreaded planning stage :rolleyes:

American races often have five riders.

Sin city speedway will have its grand opening on Saturday October 22nd. One of the riders participating is Thomas H Jonasson.

Its doubtful though if it can host a GP since its only 1/8 mile long which is less then 200m and i think 250m is the minimum length?

SIn City Speedway: http://sincityspeedway.com/

poster: http://www.thjracing...7_7753959_n.jpg

http://www.thjracing.se/?p=1801

So brandonbee48 pack the Mrs. into the car and take a road trip ;) its only 2200 miles from Pittsburgh, PA ;)

From the press release

"The motorcycle equivalent of Formula One racing, speedway involves five riders on the track racing at speeds of up to 70 mph."

No problem with the five, for depending on the event five riders always been a possibility (though on such a small track a less good idea..); but have to say I've NEVER heard our sport referred to as the "motorcycle equivalent of Formula One racing"..!! :shock:

"So brandonbee48 pack the Mrs. into the car and take a road trip its only 2200 miles from Pittsburgh, PA"

Ghostwalker, my friend, I think it would be much more appropriate if we went on a Harley with Steppenwolf's "Born To Be Wild" ringing in our ears. :lol: IF this comes off i'll keep you going on Budweiser for the whole meeting :drink:

Take care. Alan.

Edited by brandonbee48

If anyone has been to Vegas you can tell where the speedway is held by the photo. Mandalay bay in the background