British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Mildenhall V Hackney Nl

The Hawks will need to be on top top form this coming Sunday when they visit local rivals and neighbours Mildenhall in a National League match. Without the inspirational Barrie Evans who is out with ligament and tissue damage to his ankle picked up at Lakeside last Friday-details here-this certainly is going to be a tough meeting for the Hawks.

Hackney will be using the rider replacement facility for Barrie and after a rather humiliating defeat earlier in the season in the KOC at West Row, I’m sure the Hawks will want to show the Tigers how good we really are!

Anyone going to this meeting on Sunday via Dartford tunnel i.e. travelling from South of Thames, with a spare seat in their vehicle? If so would be grateful if you could PM me with your contact details. Want to go but usual travelling sources have other plans.

Cheers

BRYN

The Hawks will need to be on top top form this coming Sunday when they visit local rivals and neighbours Mildenhall in a National League match. Without the inspirational Barrie Evans who is out with ligament and tissue damage to his ankle picked up at Lakeside last Friday-details here-this certainly is going to be a tough meeting for the Hawks.

Hackney will be using the rider replacement facility for Barrie and after a rather humiliating defeat earlier in the season in the KOC at West Row, I’m sure the Hawks will want to show the Tigers how good we really are!

Looks like a big ask for the Hawks, more worrying must be the programme notes from Jon Cook in the Lakeside programme tonite - and the Jonathan Chapman vision of the way forwards.

Looking forward to this, speedway after 4 weeks without, not good. And it looks as if the weather is going to stay dry if not blisteringly hot, so lets all get down to West Row and enjoy the fare on offer. Hopefully the rest won't leave the Tigers to rusty,and they can make it a hat trick of wins against the Hawks.

Looking forward to the meeting which will be different for me as I won't be working on the track. I now know what riders feel like when they are sidelined with an injury. I want to be out there waving the chequered flag not watching from the outside.

Good luck to the tigers lets hope for a big win

.......the Jonathan Chapman vision of the way forwards.

What on earth might that be, I wonder?!

Great win by the boys today and a superb 15 points for Lewis,however I did have a little bit of sympathy regarding the two Heats Uncle Len was refering to and the strange decisions Barbara Horley made, however perhaps he would like to tell us his take of Heat 13 when Shane Hazleden quite clearly just lay on the track to get the heat stopped with Midenhall on yet another 5-1, yep I know this happens at every meeting,but I do wish there was a ruling to stop this by any rider.

K.K.

I think Barbara was right for once. You can slow down to let a rider on B/W helmet pass but not stop totally because the rider on the tacticle ride was losing power. In the next race when Ben did it the rider on the tacticle was right behind him not 3/4 lap behind. If Freemantle had gone over the line followed by Morley they would have got 7 pts and only lost 1pt.

What gets me is how she excluded Joe when 3 riders went down in the 1st bend should have been all 4 back.

Good meeting and well donr to the tigers and especially to Lewis for 15 pt max. It was team work today.

I think Barbara was right for once. You can slow down to let a rider on B/W helmet pass but not stop totally because the rider on the tacticle ride was losing power. In the next race when Ben did it the rider on the tacticle was right behind him not 3/4 lap behind. If Freemantle had gone over the line followed by Morley they would have got 7 pts and only lost 1pt.

What gets me is how she excluded Joe when 3 riders went down in the 1st bend should have been all 4 back.

Good meeting and well donr to the tigers and especially to Lewis for 15 pt max. It was team work today.

Can't agree there. Freemantle never stopped altogether though he did go very very slow and Morley had got going again just before the third bend. That was Ms Horley's 2nd error in that heat - Heeps had just got back on his bike and started moving when the red lights came on (realised 1-8 was better than 0-8 I suppose) - she should have let that re-run carry on.

I have to agree with Len Silver. The idea of the rule is to bring a losing team closer and a rider allowing his team-mate past is part and parcel of that - regardless of how much the leading rider slows down to let his partner pass. And just how many 'bona-fide attempts to race' has she seen in 2 rider heats when both riders are from the same team?

Apart from that contentious call, this was a rather boring meeting for the neutral. A very good, all-round efficient Fen Tigers' performance had more-or-less killed the match by the half-way stage but there were some good rides from Morley and Owen to keep some interest going for the visitors. Tremendous effort from Owen in heat 15, what a pity it ended the way it did. Any news? Hope he's ok.

Not the greatest of meetings seen at Mildenhall this season against a very poor Hackney side minus Evans. Lewis Blackbird shew his potential with a great 15 point maximum mostly from the back and look destined to be riding in the Ipswich Witches side very soon. Add to that another great show from the 15 year old ozzy sensation Cameron Heeps with paid 14 and he too looks destined to be riding for the Witches when old enough. Mildenhall are a very solid side these days and must have a chance of the cup and league double if staying clear of injuries.

Can't agree there. Freemantle never stopped altogether though he did go very very slow and Morley had got going again just before the third bend. That was Ms Horley's 2nd error in that heat - Heeps had just got back on his bike and started moving when the red lights came on (realised 1-8 was better than 0-8 I suppose) - she should have let that re-run carry on.

I have to agree with Len Silver. The idea of the rule is to bring a losing team closer and a rider allowing his team-mate past is part and parcel of that - regardless of how much the leading rider slows down to let his partner pass. And just how many 'bona-fide attempts to race' has she seen in 2 rider heats when both riders are from the same team?

Apart from that contentious call, this was a rather boring meeting for the neutral. A very good, all-round efficient Fen Tigers' performance had more-or-less killed the match by the half-way stage but there were some good rides from Morley and Owen to keep some interest going for the visitors. Tremendous effort from Owen in heat 15, what a pity it ended the way it did. Any news? Hope he's ok.

It was Ben Morley out in front in heat 15 not Owen .before lifting and going through a gap in the wall ,( fortunatly other wise he could have been badly hurt,)And some of the Mildenhall fans were laughing at this .Disgracefull ! The majority did clap him on his way back to the pits however ,unhurt thankfully ..

Edited by waco

It was Ben Morley out in front in heat 15 not Owen .before lifting and going through a gap in the wall ,( fortunatly other wise he could have been badly hurt,)And some of the Mildenhall fans were laughing at this .Disgracefull ! The majority did clap him on his way back to the pits however ,unhurt thankfully ..

Yes, thanks. Just had a look at my score-sheet with reading glasses on. Confused that heat with the previous one in which Mark was out front and won. Glad he's unhurt.

I have to agree with Len Silver.

I agree here - and I have seen it happen before without the slowing rider being excluded (Suchanek for Reading at Isle of Wight)

15 April 2008 - extract from match report:

That was Tim Sugar’s cue to nominate Ostergaard for a tactical ride and the Dane seemed well set to collect 6 points until his bike slowed on the back straight of the final lap, allowing Phillips through for the win. The quick-thinking Suchanek then did brilliantly to almost stop, so allowing Ostergaard to finish ahead of him and at least reduce Reading’s deficit by collecting 4 points.

Referee Graham Reeve

Another good crowd, another good home win, onwards and upwards.

Lewis Blackbirds first heat win by almost half a lap I think set the tone for the afternoon from the Mildenhall camp, certainly the Hawks missed Barrie Evans the R/R only producing 2 points. Hope Dan Halsey is feeling a bit less sore today and will be back in the saddle soon.

Unfortunately another 3 weeks before the next home meeting, by which time I guess there will be yet another new riding order with new averages out by then, however I think the team is pretty solid 1 - 7 around West Row.

Another thing Mildenhall have got right this season over previous years is the presentation, yesterday the meeting started bang on time and ran smoothly despite the 72 second, third re run of heat 9. With much better PA quality this year and Kevin Longs proffesionalism on the mic it makes it much easier on the ear and fills in those otherwise quieter moments of grading or fence repairs with rider interviews etc.

I was witness to Stuart Robson smashing into the first bend at West Row back in 2007, sustaining horrific injuries... Ben is indeed a lucky lad if he walked away from that relatively unscathed.